Diploma, Civil\Structural Engineering @
Cork Institute of Technology
David is a Chartered Civil Engineer with extensive experience as Designer, Project Manager and Resident Engineer on many high profile projects. He is currently working with the Environmental team of Clare County Council, based at their HQ in Ennis, Co.Clare. Previously he worked as a Senior Engineer with PUNCH Consulting Engineers, based in the Limerick office, where
David is a Chartered Civil Engineer with extensive experience as Designer, Project Manager and Resident Engineer on many high profile projects. He is currently working with the Environmental team of Clare County Council, based at their HQ in Ennis, Co.Clare. Previously he worked as a Senior Engineer with PUNCH Consulting Engineers, based in the Limerick office, where he was responsible for a broad range of both office and site based projects. Notable projects include Doolin Marine Development, Kilkee seawall reconstruction and the €40m Kilronan Harbour Development, Inis Mór, Aran Islands, all of which David was responsible for as Senior Resident Engineer. Other projects of note that David managed include the Obama Plaza motorway service stop in Moneygall for Client Supermacs Ireland Ltd. and Limerick Smarter Travel scheme for Client Limerick City & County Council.
Executive Engineer, Transportation, Environment, Water & Emergency Services Directorate @ David is currently working with the Environmental team of Clare County Council, based at their HQ in Ennis, Co.Clare. From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Senior Engineer\Resident Engineer @ David was the visiting Senior Resident Engineer on the Kilkee seawall remedial works for Client Clare County Council. From February 2015 to September 2015 (8 months) Senior Resident Engineer @ Senior Resident Engineer for Clare County Council on the €4.5m pier development in Doolin, Co Clare. David was responsible for monitoring all contractors activities on site to ensure the works were completed safely, expediently and in accordance with a the project Works Requirements. From June 2014 to January 2015 (8 months) Senior Engineer @ Senior Engineer within the Environmental Engineering Division of PUNCH Consulting, based in their Limerick office. My duties during this period involved the management and delivery of many projects for both private and public Clients. Projects of note include the Obama Plaza in Moneygall for Client Supermacs. From December 2012 to June 2014 (1 year 7 months) Employers Representative @ Employers Representative for Clonmel Borough Council on Fethard Road bridge widening scheme, Clonmel. From April 2012 to December 2012 (9 months) Senior Resident Engineer @ Senior Resident Engineer on Kilronan Harbour Development, based in Inis Mor, Aran Islands, Co. Galway. From August 2008 to April 2011 (2 years 9 months) Project Engineer @ • Design and Management of Civil Engineering Infrastructure Projects for a variety of Clients.
• Infrastructure master planning for residental and commercial lands for development.
• Contract procurement of large scale infrastructure projects for Local Authorities.
• Managing the drainage, roads and services issues of site based projects.
• Approved NRA bridge inspector for Eirspan maintenance programme. From November 2004 to August 2008 (3 years 10 months) Senior Engineer \ Resident Engineer @ • Resident Engineer on €1m reconstruction of the Cahir Viaduct, Co. Tipperary.
• Resident Engineer on €2m bridge replacement of Belvelly Viaduct, Cobh, Co. Cork.
• Project Manager for assessment of over 400 road\rail structures nationwide.
• Company’s Project Engineer on the Kilkenny Ring Road project.
• Structures Engineer responsible for assessment of 3rd party submissions. From September 2002 to November 2004 (2 years 3 months) Senior Assistant Engieer @ • Permanent Way design and Railway Engineering. From October 2001 to September 2002 (1 year) Assistant Engineer @ • Permanent Way design Engineer. From November 1996 to October 2001 (5 years) Graduate Engineer @ From December 1995 to November 1996 (1 year) Graduate Engineer @ From August 1993 to August 1994 (1 year 1 month)
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Civil Engineering, 2:1 @ University of Glamorgan, Pontypridd, Mid Glamorgan, Wales, UK From 1992 to 1995 Diploma, Civil\Structural Engineering @ Cork Institute of Technology From 1989 to 1992 DAVID LEAHY is skilled in: Construction, Project Planning, Environmental Engineering, Drainage, Road, Concrete, Engineering, Construction Management, Bridge inspection, Site Supervision, Procurement, Earthworks, Civil Engineering, Bridge, Highways
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension