A dynamic and enthusiastic individual who has worked with a wide range of IT focused businesses within the 3 main technology industry spaces (Customer, Integrator and Vendor). A genuine interest in IT coupled with a business aware professional outlook has resulted in a driven progression from helpdesk / support based roles, through to Virtualisation Architect / Data
A dynamic and enthusiastic individual who has worked with a wide range of IT focused businesses within the 3 main technology industry spaces (Customer, Integrator and Vendor). A genuine interest in IT coupled with a business aware professional outlook has resulted in a driven progression from helpdesk / support based roles, through to Virtualisation Architect / Data Centre Technology Consultant while building technology awareness through international customer advocacy programs and local technology communities.
Specialising in Compute, Storage and Networking Technologies.
VCAP-DCD - VMware Certified Advanced Professional Data Centre Design
VCAP-DCA - VMware Certified Advanced Professional Data Centre Administration
VCP - VMware Certified Professional
vExpert - Awarded VMware vExpert 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015
NPP - Nutanix Platform Professional
MCP - Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center
MCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
CNE - Certified Novell Engineer
EMCPA - EMC Proven Associate
ITIL - Service Management Essentials (Service Support & Service Delivery)
Virtualisation Architect, APJ @ From August 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Melbourne Area, AustraliaBoard Advisor @ Providing feedback and guidance on technology, market and product direction, as well as assisting in social media, event and community interaction. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Melbourne Area, AustraliaBlogger @ Interviewing virtualisation community members with the goal to raise the profile of individuals across APAC in preparation of social media's rise in this region.
Including the vCatchup series of interviews - http://vexpert.me/vCatchup From April 2012 to Present (3 years 8 months) VMUG Leader @ Provide leadership to steering committee, be the face for the user group, build relationships with key members of the Melbourne Virtualisation industry ecosystem. Duties include the ownership of all aspects of event management for the user group.
- Formed Steering Committee made up of VMware Customers
- Formed direct relationships with VMware, VMUG HQ and other international user groups
- Responsible for developing content for all meetings since August 2010
- Responsible for meeting format, sponsorship, venue, giveaways, marketing etc.
- Presenting user group content to an audience ranging from 50 to 350 people
- Delivered three (3) Full day VMUG User Conferences (08/12/2011, 07/02/2013 & 04/02/2014) featuring international guest speakers, VMware content, Community content, sponsorship negotiation, venue layout, meeting agenda, Welcome/Introduction presentation and all event social media engagement
- Developed relationships with IT Vendors, IT System integrators and VMware Customers
- Manage social media interactions for group using Twitter and Linkedin.
- Winner of the inaugural VMUG Leader awards - Presidents Award (presented at vForum 2011 day 1 keynote)
- Awarded VMware vExpert 2012 From August 2010 to Present (5 years 4 months) Director @ Virtualisation Architect - understanding business objectives and translating these into technical solutions utilising experience in infrastructure architecture / design, commissioning and operational management of Compute, Storage and Networking systems and solutions. From October 2006 to Present (9 years 2 months) Melbourne Area, AustraliaInfrastructure Project Lead @ Assisting this federal government agency in migrating their production systems to an IAAS cloud provided by one of Australia's top 3 telcos. From June 2014 to August 2014 (3 months) Melbourne Area, AustraliaPodcast Host @ Hosting a Virtualisation Podcast based in the APAC region servicing the globe. Getting a bunch of people together to talk about a topic we are all passionate about (how about that!) - Technology. From September 2012 to July 2014 (1 year 11 months) Senior Systems Engineer @ Senior Systems Engineer working for a company who make the only Hyper-converged Virtual Compute Platform in the world.
Responsible for identifying and matching technology opportunities with customer’s business issues and objectives, as well as channel partner training and enablement. A high impact, very prominent role responsible for establishing Nutanix as an innovative technical leader within the enterprise space and closing enterprise transactions within assigned territory. From May 2013 to May 2014 (1 year 1 month) Melbourne Area, AustraliaVirtualisation Architect @ Provide longer term technical consulting on a variety of initiatives to support multiple clients across different verticals. Enabled enterprises to gain business agility by reducing complexity of Infrastructure through initiatives like 100% virtualisation adoption and Virtualisation first policies. Building on this technology foundation allowed the implementation of business resilience programs incorporating full disaster recovery solutions. Provide in-house technical expertise on a number of projects utilising ITIL ICT Infrastructure management methodology. From October 2006 to May 2013 (6 years 8 months) Network Engineer @ Working for a leading global technology company providing professional services to a number of external clients and repeatedly demonstrating business awareness and technical ability. From 2004 to 2006 (2 years) Senior Systems Engineer / Consultant @ Working for a Novell Platinum Partner providing pre-sales consulting and post sales project management / implementation for a variety of customers ranging from local/state government to private enterprise. Partnering with a number of technology companies providing information management through professional services. From August 2003 to February 2004 (7 months) IT Systems Supervisor @ Main duties included selecting, provisioning and project managing infrastructure updates, motivating IT department to accept change and co-supervision of 6 engineers through project / task allocation. From December 2002 to June 2003 (7 months) Systems Network Manager @ This position involved IT infrastructure development using project-based work. Role involved the supervision / coaching of 2 internal technical engineers. From March 2002 to June 2002 (4 months)
Bachelor of Science (BS), Computing for Real Time Systems @ University of the West of England From 1990 to 1994 Craig Waters is skilled in: Virtualization, VMware, Data Center, Disaster Recovery, vSphere, Storage, VMware Infrastructure, Microsoft Technologies, Infrastructure, ITIL, Citrix, Cloud Computing, VMware ESX, VDI, SAN
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension