Director, Military and Veteran Affairs @ Capital Factory
United States Military Academy at West Point
Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer @ RideScout is a mobile app that helps you get from point A to point B faster and smarter. Available for iPhone and Android, RideScout shows you real-time information about your available transportation options. Download RideScout and get all transit, bus, bike, taxi, car share, rideshare, parking and walking directions in one
Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer @ RideScout is a mobile app that helps you get from point A to point B faster and smarter. Available for iPhone and Android, RideScout shows you real-time information about your available transportation options. Download RideScout and get all transit, bus, bike, taxi, car share, rideshare, parking and walking directions in one view. RideScout was acquired by moovel, a subsidiary of Daimler, in September 2014. From May 2011 to Present (4 years 6 months) Austin, Texas AreaCo-Founder and Chairman @ AgentHero connects home buyers and sellers with experienced and vetted professional real estate agents who are veterans or military spouses.
AgentHero doesn’t represent a national real estate brokerage. We are networking the best veteran and military spouse REALTORS® in different brokerages all around the country. What unifies our REALTORS® is their dedication to providing the same level of dedication and integrity that was required of them while they were in uniform or supporting a service member. What makes them exceptional is their vast level of experience as a professional real estate agent, informed by their personal experience with moving and buying and selling homes. We allow only the best veteran and military spouse agents to join our network and they will be evaluated by our clients to ensure consistently superior service. From January 2015 to Present (10 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaCo-Founder and Board Member @ Since 2010, APX Labs has been the leader in developing smart glasses based solutions for the industrial and commercial workforce. APX Labs proudly provides its Skylight platform to leading Global 1000 enterprises in manufacturing, logistics, oil & gas, and field services with active users in the US, Europe, and Middle East.
Using APX Labs’ Skylight platform, users are able to interact with existing business processes where they can now access data and applications, broadcast point-of-view video or photos to colleagues, and receive live assistance on a heads up display without having to move away from their work. Skylight integrates with nearly any type of smart glasses and with most existing ERPs to drive improved productivity, operational flexibility, and process compliance & safety for the connected workplace.
APX Labs employs world recognized experts in the field of wearable technology, computer vision scientists, human factors engineers, and systems engineers with strong wireless systems and mobile electronics integration backgrounds. APX Labs’ patent pending techniques and software platform have garnered multiple industry awards for excellence and selection as one of the first Google certified Glass at Work partners. From November 2010 to Present (5 years) Herndon, VACo-Founder and Board Member @ BTS Software Solutions is a cutting edge company that provides advanced software products and features for customers in the public and private sectors. Utilizing extensible technology to manage communications over many mediums, BTS Software Solutions is dedicated to the advancement of mobile and adaptable software applications for the modern consumer. From September 2011 to Present (4 years 2 months) Baltimore, MDInvestor @ MobLabs is building and launching mobile products with high engagement and massive reach. We build apps that people love.
Our team has many years of experience building mobile products and understanding the mechanics that create the highest levels of engagement for users, lower marketing costs through organic viral growth, and maximize opportunities for monetization.
We are applying these mechanics to different types of products, both developed internally and with trusted partners, and launch them through a centralized efficient operation for marketing, business development, technology, analytics, ad sales, customer service, legal and finance. From April 2015 to Present (7 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaInvestor @ The company focuses on what it calls “global patient identification" to improve patient care and prevent identity theft.
Basically, the company ties a patient’s medical records to a single ID. It can then identify possible errors in their records. It’s found that more than 10 percent of medical records contain identity-related errors — for example, if someone incorrectly enters a patient’s social security number, that can lead to multiple, incomplete records.
The company also offers a kiosk for hospital lobbies where patients sign in by having their fingerprints scanned.
Founded in 2012 by CEO Sean Lane and President Brad Mascho, CrossChx is deployed in more than 100 hospitals across eight states, and it has verified more than 2 million patient visits.
CrossChx closed a $15M Series B in April 2015 led by Khosla Ventures. From August 2012 to Present (3 years 3 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaInvestor @ Roost is changing the way people store their stuff. By connecting renters and hosts through our app, we cut out the need to rent expensive, inconvenient storage units while creating a unique way to make some extra cash. AirBnB for personal storage. From March 2015 to Present (8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaInvestor in Fitmob (acquired by ClassPass) @ Access to the best fitness in your city has never been easier thanks to fitmob. fitmob is redefining the way you workout by offering unlimited access to top-rated studios classes, gyms and fitmob-exclusive workouts rooted in fun, results and community. From February 2015 to Present (9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaInvestor @ Cobrain is building the first cross-merchant personalization ecosystem in partnership with hundreds of large retail merchants. The core technology is a personalization system designed to recommend the appropriate products for a retail customer, when visiting a merchant site, or using a shopping app. The system is based on proprietary algorithms and data science, with the goal of significantly advancing the state-of-the-art in predictive product personalization. From February 2015 to Present (9 months) Advisor + Investor @ lettrs is a platform to organize the world’s letters. Designed by lovers of the written word, lettrs is the place that facilitates, inspires, and slows the world’s lasting communications.
Being part of a community that encourages people to “take time to write,” people use lettrs to convert significant moments into words of rich timeless letters. From July 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) New York City, NYAdvisor + Investor @ harvest.ai MACIE™ analytics discover the use of stolen credentials and insider threat by searching for changes in the behavior of users and key business systems, protecting the most sensitive part of your organization from cyber attacks, your people. From August 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Greater San Diego AreaAdvisor + Investor @ Edbacker is the online platform for educators, parents, and businesses to communicate and fundraise. The platform allows PTAs + PTOs to raise money for educational initiatives in a frictionless way that benefits parents, schools, and businesses who want to support schools. In addition, Edbacker membership affords schools and parents special purchasing opportunities with businesses ala give back programs to schools. From September 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaInvestor @ Our software enables organizations to collect, standardize, and analyze experiential learning and training data from any source. Built for the scale of real-world simulations and connected learning environments, our tools are designed for any size organization that needs to better understand the impact of their learning and training programs. From learning management systems, to sensors, to serious games, our system brings all your data together in real time, in one place, so you can have the answers. From September 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Investor @ Arx Pax LLC is the company behind Magnetic Field Architecture, aka hover technology. Their hover board is just a sneak peak of a revolution we will witness in everything from transportation to architecture. Check out the hover board if you haven't seen or heard about it already. Time Magazine rated it as the best invention of 2014. Here's the Kickstarter campaign. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/142464853/hendo-hoverboards-worlds-first-real-hoverboard. It's real. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Los Gatos, CAAdvisor @ Create is the first real estate information platform with city-wide property data, market research, and beautifully immersive 3D maps. Create unleashes the power of real estate data to empower investment decision making at the speed of thought. From August 2012 to Present (3 years 3 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaInvestor @ Troop ID is groundbreaking technology that allows you to digitally verify your military credentials to military-friendly brands and government agencies in order to claim discounts and benefits. Once you verify your service, the e-mail and password you select while signing up for Troop ID will become your digital ID card. From April 2011 to Present (4 years 7 months) Investor @ Bitium makes it easy to manage all of your web-based corporate software so you can get work done faster. You can:
- Access your software from a single dashboard
- Remember just one password to access all of your apps
- Seamlessly jump between programs without worrying about logging in or timing out
- View consolidated app notifications in a unified Message Center
- Expedite onboarding of new employees From June 2012 to Present (3 years 5 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaInvestor @ Find, reserve, and pay for on-demand parking with Parking Panda. Search and compare prices at thousands of parking lots and garages across 40 cities for savings up to 70%. From November 2011 to Present (4 years) Baltimore, Maryland AreaInvestor @ SocialToaster has been heating up the social marketing scene since 2009. We started out with four programmers and a widget with the goal of making it easy for companies to connect with their fans. Through working and partnering with some of the world’s best brands including Viacom, Sony, and the Baltimore Ravens, we have evolved into an enterprise-level fan engagement platform that uses social media to amplify your brand’s message.
So what do we do, exactly? We turn your fans into Superfans! Through our custom fan engagement platform, you can empower your biggest supporters to act as word-of-mouth ambassadors for your brand; Content is sent directly to them through SocialToaster and they share with the click of a button. From September 2011 to Present (4 years 2 months) Baltimore, Maryland AreaInvestor @ MeeGenius is a reading application for the iPhone, iPad, iTouch, Google TV, Google Chrome Web Store, and the Web. Launched in April 2010 by Wandy Yeap Hoh and David Park after 16 months of research and development, MeeGenius digitizes children's stories, classic and new, and adds features such as word highlighting and audio playback for easy read-along. Also available on certain platforms are text and audio personalization tools, which further engage young readers. From April 2011 to Present (4 years 7 months) Greater New York City AreaInvestor @ Betamore is an urban campus for technology + entrepreneurship located in the heart of the Federal Hill neighborhood of downtown Baltimore. From December 2012 to Present (2 years 11 months) Fed Hill, BaltimorePartner @ OSTP is an early stage venture capital firm which founds, accelerates, and invests in start up companies which have high impact potential. From August 2011 to Present (4 years 3 months) Washington D.C and BaltimoreTrustee @ Provide support, services and advice for students and recent college graduates in the field of technology while strengthening the innovation economy of the Greater Baltimore Area.
• to end digital inequity among Baltimore’s school children by giving them tech age skills and workforce capacity that will help them to see themselves as engaged citizens within their city’s tech culture;
• to empower Baltimore’s teachers to be leaders in the development of tech-integrated 21st century education relevant to the growth of Baltimore’s digital age industry, economy, and civic culture;
• to help develop a culture of learning that will build sustainable links between K-12 education, college and workforce STE(A)M readiness, and the local tech community;
• to foster a community of innovation and entrepreneurship in Baltimore;
• to strengthen the technology economy in the Greater Baltimore Area;
• to make Baltimore a national model of collaboration and innovation between learners, teachers, and technologists From May 2011 to August 2012 (1 year 4 months) Co-Founder and Board Member @ The BTS mission is to pioneer, refine, and deploy unique technical solutions to commercial and government markets to achieve communications and information dominance. Through a combination of innovative technical products, high-quality professionals, and first-rate delivery execution and support, BTS focuses on addressing our customer’s most critical operational needs. From August 2009 to September 2011 (2 years 2 months) Columbia, MDSenior Vice President @ Leads and manages the Services component of Berico Technologies worldwide; responsible for Berico’s performance across its service contracts in five states and two countries, ensuring that Berico delivers the highest quality analytical, information technology and software development services in support of our mission partners and government and private sector customers; Manage three portfolios of contracts generating annual revenues of approximately $12M From April 2009 to July 2009 (4 months) Deputy Chief, Expeditionary Cryptology @ Direct the development, testing, and fielding of critical signals intelligence systems and architectures for deployment to Army and Joint forces. Work closely with multiple Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community agencies and contractors to help ensure the development of capabilities to produce foreign signals intelligence in a rapidly evolving and complex communications environment. From July 2008 to April 2009 (10 months) Brigade Operations Officer @ Plan, direct, and synchronize training and operations for the Army’s largest Military Intelligence Brigade with over 1,600 Soldiers, government civilians, and contractors worldwide who conduct full-spectrum Intelligence Operations missions in 27 locations in the United States and in Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa, Australia and other theaters as required. Provide operational guidance for a $14.5M budget. Coordinate with DoD and Intelligence Community Agencies to help manage and direct continual transformation and growth of Signals Intelligence and Computer Network Operations missions. From February 2007 to June 2008 (1 year 5 months) Owner @ Invested directly and bundled investors for real estate properties and projects valued in excess $15M in Washington D.C., VA, MD, FL, and CO. Passively manage four remaining Addison York Series LLCs. From November 2004 to June 2008 (3 years 8 months) Intelligence Liaison Officer @ Directed and advised a 67-person Intelligence Team based in Washington, DC while forward-deployed as their Intelligence Liaison Officer at Bagram Airbase, Afghanistan. Ensured that the intelligence team leveraged highly advanced scientific methods and intelligence data from multiple partner organizations. Briefed Senior DoD leaders on specialized intelligence products as required. Worked closely with FBI, Treasury, State, CIA, DIA, NSA, NGA, and other DoD and Intelligence Community representatives to synchronize and exchange critical intelligence data. Received Bronze Star Medal for exceptional meritorious performance during sustained combat operations. From August 2006 to January 2007 (6 months) Executive Officer @ Served as second-in-command of a 370-person Military Intelligence battalion that conducts signals intelligence operations in support of Army and National requirements from the most technologically advanced joint and combined site in the world. Led staff of 40 to earn “superior” ratings in 9 of 10 inspectable areas with several “Best Practice” awards during bi-annual Inspector General evaluation. From June 2005 to July 2006 (1 year 2 months) Assistant Professor, Dept. of Social Sciences @ Taught Mass Media and American Politics and Introduction to American Politics. Selected as first-ever Executive Officer to COL (Ret) Jack Jacobs, Medal of Honor Recipient and McDermott Professor of Humanities and Public Affairs. Completed doctorate from Columbia University while teaching full load of courses and serving as Assistant Director of West Point’s Scholarship Program. From June 2003 to June 2005 (2 years 1 month) Military Intelligence Officer @ Company Commander for the Army’s Information Operations Company (May 99 – Jul 00). Commanded a 90-person company that supports information operations missions when directed by the National Command Authority.
Operations Chief for the Army’s Information Operations Company (Jul 98 – Apr 99). Planned operations of an 85-person company that supports special information operations missions and helps develop advanced technology countermeasures.
Operations Chief for the Army Technical Control and Analysis Element (Oct 97 – Jun 98). Coordinated signals intelligence operations to support forward-deployed and garrison-based Army and Marine organizations with global contingency missions. From 1997 to 2000 (3 years) Armor Officer @ Company Executive Officer (Mar 96 – Dec 96). Served as second-in-command of a 356-person company with direct responsibility for the operations and maintenance of over 300 combat vehicles valued at over $100M.
Battalion Liaison Officer (Jun 95 – Feb 96). Represented a 560-person battalion during the planning and execution of Army and multi-national tactical military operations in Kuwait.
Tank Platoon Leader (Jan 94 – May 95). Planned, coordinated, and supervised the collective training of a 15-person platoon. Recognized as “Best Platoon” in 4th Infantry Division. From 1994 to 1996 (2 years)
M.A, M.Phil, Ph.D., Econometrics and Political Science @ Columbia University in the City of New York From 2000 to 2005 B.S., Political Science and Civil Engineering @ United States Military Academy at West Point From 1989 to 1993 Craig Cummings is skilled in: Start-ups, Management, Entrepreneurship, Military, Operational Planning, Intelligence, Program Management, DoD, Systems Engineering, Integration, Budgets, Leadership, Venture Capital, Team Leadership, Organizational..., Strategic Planning, Security Clearance, Security, National Security, Intelligence Analysis, Business Development, International Relations, Government, Team Building, Military Operations, Cross-functional Team..., Mobile Devices, Strategy, Business Strategy, Training, Mergers, Command, Army, Product Management, Financial Modeling, Project Planning, Defense, Mobile Applications, Executive Management, Corporate Development, Analysis, Strategic Partnerships, Angel Investing, Private Equity, Mergers & Acquisitions