An experienced marketing professional with experience client and agency side. I have worked with some of the biggest brands in the country and internationally delivering integrated ATL, BTL and digital campaigns that deliver ROI. Extensive experience in developing campaign strategy for B2B and B2C clients. Successful results in Content Marketing / Inbound Marketing for acquisition and retention.
An experienced marketing professional with experience client and agency side. I have worked with some of the biggest brands in the country and internationally delivering integrated ATL, BTL and digital campaigns that deliver ROI. Extensive experience in developing campaign strategy for B2B and B2C clients. Successful results in Content Marketing / Inbound Marketing for acquisition and retention. Always looking to drive change and bring the newest technologies to life in ways that make business sense.
Marketing Comms Manager, Marketing Campaign Lab @ From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Client Services Director @ Member of Senior Management team heading up the client service teams across the agencies offices in Dublin and Belfast.
• Responsible for the management and running of a client services team of 12
• Run the teams that look after the agencies largest accounts, Full Tilt (TTL) and Bank of Ireland (Web and Digital), Failte Ireland (web), Kildare Village (digital and social), Britvic (digital and social) and Panda (TTL).
• Delivered award winning work for Full Tilt’s global TTL re-brand
• Formulating strategic digital direction for key clients and roll out across the agency
• Key point of contact for senior stakeholders client side
• Review all analytic reports and campaigns to ensure we are meeting KPI’s
• Prepare and present to board of directors as part of management team each quarter
• Responsible for defining and rolling out a new processes within the agency.
• Created an agency Performance Management programme
• Work with CEO on agency strategy, new business plans and overall direction
• Work closely with group HR on all aspects of recruitment and general HR issues From November 2013 to November 2015 (2 years 1 month) Client Services (head of digital) @ I was brought in to Dialogue to enhance the digital offering being made to clients and bring a digitally centric approach to the agencies thinking.
• Managing a roster of clients that includes O2, An Post, Standard Life, Friends First, Valeo Foods, Irish Hospice Foundation, Peperami, Mapfre, and Irish Independent
• Responsible for ATL, BTL and digital campaigns from briefing to delivering to end of campaign reporting, ensuring campaigns go live on time and on budget.
• Developing content marketing (inbound marketing) strategies for lead generation, acquisition and retention.
• Working on HubSpot integration
• Manage stakeholders with clients to get buy in for concepts often acting as a training resource.
• Working on International digital and social campaigns for Feedback Software and Phillips Russia.
• Central to bringing about a new innovation creation process in the agency that is winning business.
• Bringing to reality the agencies track and act system to measure campaign effectiveness.
• Develop digital strategies for all agency pitch work From April 2012 to October 2013 (1 year 7 months) dublin 2Author @ through this blog I share ideas from other marketing professionals. In the blog I post a lot about
Customer experience From April 2007 to March 2013 (6 years) Client Service Account Support @ Working with the client services team to support some key accounts as well as working on new business pitches.
• Worked on major International brands such as Coca-Cola (Move to the Beat, Jean Paul Gaultier Diet Coke), Keyline Brands, Cuticura, Vidal Sassoon, as well as domestic brands such as Mothercare and Stena Line.
• Managed and executed campaigns through all channels (digital, video content, social, in store pos, print).
• Responsible for research and working with client services team on brand and digital strategies.
• Helped clients, within structures of International brands, to manage stakeholders in other markets to ensure content in Ireland was locally relevant.
• Ensured brand guidelines were adhered to at all times for clients From January 2012 to April 2012 (4 months) Client Services @ • Worked on the O2, Standard Life, Great National Hotels and Lifestyle Sports accounts to manage internal client service and creative teams
• Worked on pitches and project work for clients in Spain and the Czech Republic (Tuenti and Bupi)
• Led and managed the project teams that delivered TV, Print, POS, Digital and Social campaigns for clients.
• Reviewed O2’s social media activity and implemented a new strategy for the brand including training O2 staff on usage of social networks
• Provided briefings to creative teams and worked on the preparation and presentation of responses to briefs
• Worked with brand guardians (Lambie Nairn) to ensure all creative was on brand.
• Ensured the client relationship is managed through regular meetings, de-briefs and reports
Awards: 2012 O2 SmartSounds
ICAD’s: Social Media Campaign: Bronze Award: O2 Smartsounds
Irish Media Awards 2012: Best Business Initiative
Gold Award: O2 Smartsounds
Digital Media Awards
Best Integrated Media Campaign, Silver Finalist: O2 Smartsounds
Best in Social Media, Gold Finalists: O2 Smartsounds
Online Entertainment/Music Award, WINNER: O2 Smartsounds From September 2010 to January 2012 (1 year 5 months) Director of Development, UK & Ireland @ I was headhunted by Children’s Miracle Networks, (one of the largest children’s charity brands in North America,) to establish their International operation in the UK & Ireland
• Worked with Senior Management, Marketing and Programming teams of radio stations in the UK and Ireland to create 3 day events that generated €5 million over three years
• Developed the operational & marketing strategy for the organisation which resulted in successful partnerships being developed with media and non profit organisations
• Managed project teams of 4-5 people, in markets across the UK and Ireland, of cross functional stakeholders to ensure projects were delivered and executed.
• Internationally drove the digital and social media agenda for the organisation, introducing new online sales and communications tools. From August 2007 to September 2010 (3 years 2 months) Fundraising Director @ I was hired by the children's hospital to re-position the brand and drive revenue growth.
• Developed a 5 year strategic plan for the organisation that increased revenues from €600,000 per annum to €1 million.
• Managed a team of six people.
• Developed marketing strategies and media relationships that increased brand recognition and awareness, which grew participation in activities by 43% over the three years.
• Introduced digital marketing to the hospital.
• Created a new brand, The Little Star Fund, which raised €250,000. From March 2005 to August 2007 (2 years 6 months) Fundraising - Appeals & Communications Mgr @ • Direct control over Databases, Mail out concepts, PR, Publicity
• Managed all members of the Dublin based fundraising team
• Relationship management of corporate sponsors and formation of new donors & sponsors
• Maintenance of existing campaigns plus implementation of new strategies
• Regional budget preparation and implementation
• Successful completion of performance targets and revenue set objectives
• Timely and professional evaluation of all appeals undertaken at any given time
• Managed all members of the Dublin based fundraising team
• Regular presentation of the fundraising objectives as part of the management group and external stakeholders From 2003 to 2005 (2 years) Regional Youth Officer @ • Responsible for recruitment and training of adult youth club volunteers in Wicklow, Kildare & Meath
• On going consultancy and guidance to community leaders and club members.
• Event Management
• Involved in National development of a partnership and implementation of programme to combine Foróige Clubs with the Special Olympics World Games. From 2001 to 2003 (2 years) Full Time Cara @ Full Time: Worked directly with children who attended this residential camp. Assisted in organising daily activities and leading events for the children. Responsible for the care of the children during their ten day stay. Trained new volunteers.
I still try and volunteer at Barretstown every year, at least once From 1995 to 1996 (1 year)
Psychology, Social Psychology @ Dublin Business School From 2007 to 2011 Diploma, Digital Marketing & Online Communications @ Digital Marketing Institute From 2010 to 2010 BSc, Management @ Dublin Institute of Technology From 1994 to 1998 Blackrock From 1988 to 1994 Conor Byrne is skilled in: Public Speaking, Social Media, Customer Relations, Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing, Blogging, Social Networking, Account Management, Charities, Management, Strategy, Strategic Planning, Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Partnerships