Director : Operations, Customer Service & IT @ Amadeus
IT Infrastructure Head @ Barclays Investment Bank
Region Leader @ Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Leaving Certificate (8 honours) @
St. Mel's College, Longford
Senior business leader with over 18 years broad based management experience in the Financial Services / IT industry. Accomplished in directing the strategic application of technology in order to advance business objectives and priorities, with a focus on driving operational productivity and service excellence. Empowering organization and team builder, with a focus on developing and harnessing team
Senior business leader with over 18 years broad based management experience in the Financial Services / IT industry. Accomplished in directing the strategic application of technology in order to advance business objectives and priorities, with a focus on driving operational productivity and service excellence. Empowering organization and team builder, with a focus on developing and harnessing team talents leading to successful delivery of complex projects within demanding time, budgetary, and regulatory constraints. Collaborative and trusted business partner, who works easily across multiple functional disciplines and culturally diverse global arenas. Skilled strategic and operational planner experienced in managing multi-million dollar budgets, large internal teams, and external vendor partners.
19 years living and working in Japan, with roles covering both Japan and the wider Asia-Pacific region.
2+ years living and working in Southeast-Asia, with roles covering Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Australia and Japan.
15+ years experience in the Information Technology/Systems field, the majority of which in a management or executive level capacity, within the Financial Services (Retail and Investment Banking, Brokerage & Insurance) and Travel industries.
Certified ISO27001 (Information Security Management System) Lead Auditor (2012).
5 patents registered with the Japan Patent Office (1993-1996).
2 awards for "Excellence in Engineering" (1995 and 1996).
MBTI type : ESTJ (most of the time..., possibly!).
Passed Level 1 of the Japanese Proficiency examination (1996).
Speak basic Thai, and conversational level German and French.
Suzuka track time (on own Aprilia Mille R) : 2m23s on 2002 layout.
WSET Level 4 Certified.
1990-1993 : worked as a summer intern for 4 x 4 month stints in Germany (Quelle, BMW and small software re-seller)
Region Leader @ Responsible for all Infrastructure / Operations activities in the region. From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Executive Officer, SVP, Chief Information Officer @ Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities :
- Leadership of the CIO Organization, defining the IT strategic road map for the company, ensuring alignment to the global and regional IT direction and for providing business and operational leadership to the Application Development (AD) Organization, including systems architecture, design, development and production support.
- Driving innovation and change across the organization and the application architecture.
- Key interface to the business, accountable for prioritizing needs based on business strategy and financial goals.
- Management of the day to day operation, being the key interface to the both the country business and functional leadership and the Asia Pacific Regional IT head; Working in partnership with the Country Chief Technology Officer, to deliver the overall IT operating plan and strategic road map.
- Dimensions of the role include : 180+ employees and 600+ contractors; annual expense budget of Yen 8bn; annual development budget of Yen 9bn.
- Delivery of annual productivity plan (5-10% improvement annually). From May 2013 to November 2014 (1 year 7 months) JapanChief Information Officer @ - Accountable for directing the information and data integrity of the enterprise for all Information Technology functions. This includes all data centers, technical service centers, production scheduling functions, service desks, communication networks (voice and data), application program development, and computer systems operations.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of all electronic and optical books and records of the enterprise. From February 2012 to April 2013 (1 year 3 months) ThailandPresident & Representative Director / Service Delivery Head @ - Country Head of AXA Tech Japan, the internal IT Infrastructure service provider to the AXA Group
- Member of the Regional Executive Leadership team
• Planning, directing and controlling the activities of AXA Technology Japan Service Delivery (ATJSD), and working to ensure that these activities comply with the AXA Tech strategy and vision. AXA Technology Japan Service Delivery is responsible for providing all operational and project infrastructure services to the Japan Operating Companies.
• Accountable for 155 staff (internal/contract/outsourced). Directly responsible for 8 functional and business unit managers. From May 2004 to December 2010 (6 years 8 months) JapanDirector : Operations, Customer Service & IT @ Responsible for in-country Operations, Customer Service, and was a member of the regional IT leadership team overseeing Japan and select regional technical domains. From 2002 to 2004 (2 years) Tokyo, JapanIT Infrastructure Head @ All aspects of IT Infrastructure related support and IT service delivery. From 1999 to 2002 (3 years) Tokyo, JapanIT Infrastructure Head, IT Customer Services Head @ All aspects of IT Infrastructure support and IT Service Delivery. From 1997 to 1999 (2 years) Tokyo, JapanAssistant Manager, Information Technology @ All aspects of IT Support and IT Solution + Service Delivery. From 1997 to 1997 (less than a year) Tokyo, JapanResearch & Design Engineer @ Research & Design Engineer. From 1993 to 1996 (3 years) Tokyo, Japan
Bachelor of Engineering (BEng), Electrical & Electronic Engineering @ University College Dublin From 1989 to 1993 St. Mel's College, Longford From 1984 to 1989 Colm Kennelly is skilled in: IT Management, Data Center, ITIL, Security, Service Delivery, IT Strategy, Vendor Management, IT Service Management, Outsourcing, Business Strategy, Program Management, Integration, New Business Development, Team Management, Negotiation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension