An experienced CIO / global head of IT with a 22 year international career managing technology in Fortune 100, FTSE 25, and PE-backed companies. Has gained and successfully leveraged business and technology leadership experience across multiple sectors incl. financial services, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, professional services, and marketing. Has a track record in developing IT strategy, building and
An experienced CIO / global head of IT with a 22 year international career managing technology in Fortune 100, FTSE 25, and PE-backed companies. Has gained and successfully leveraged business and technology leadership experience across multiple sectors incl. financial services, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, professional services, and marketing. Has a track record in developing IT strategy, building and transforming global IT organizations, and in driving change on an international basis.
Global player – responsibility for IT in over 40 countries with delivery experience in five continents; lived and worked in UK, Germany, Poland, and Switzerland. Successful in both matrix and line organizations.
IT strategy – developed and implemented technology strategies in a variety of business situations incl. driving a digitization agenda, enabling high growth, supporting cost optimization, and restructuring an unprofitable business
Organization development and transformation – grown and managed organizations of up to 240 staff; driven major transformations including globalization of the IT function, relocation of work to lower cost delivery centres, outsourcing, and implementing a step change in IT delivery maturity
Outsourcing IT services – established and managed multi-million dollar outsourced relationships and offshoring of IT services; has invaluable experience of delivering IT services as a vendor
IT governance – implemented and enhanced governance to drive better performance from the IT function
Business transformation – enabled large scale transformation through the delivery of business process, technology, and organizational change initiatives on a global basis. Have managed global implementations of package and bespoke solutions.
Financial management – managed $170M budget, IT delivery in low-margin environments, double-digit cost reduction
M&A – supported due diligence and execution of multiple business sales, integration of acquisitions, and spin-offs
CIO Bupa Global Market Unit @ The Bupa Global Market Unit is a leading provider of International Private Medical Insurance. It provide products and services for globally minded people who want the most premium coverage and access to the best healthcare anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when
studying, living, travelling or working abroad. From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) SVP CIO @ A market leader in tax refund and other retail-related services for international shoppers, operating through a network of 270,000 retailers and 30 credit card acquirers across 40 markets. Headhunted into Global CIO role with a remit to re-establish trust in the IT function and to prepare the company for digitalization. Reporting to the CEO, delivered a range of B2B2C transaction services, B2B services (market intelligence, marketing services, payment processing, government customs approval solutions), and B2C services (online shopping guides and direct promotions). Responsibility for a line organization of 240 FTE. Key achievements:
• Established and executed an IT strategy to digitalize the tax refund business, moving from paper forms to a fully digital transaction flow. Included: delivery of a customer card programme; initiation of a multi-year back-office processing programme to replace legacy solutions and to support re-engineered business processes; implementation of two world-class high availability virtualized data centres and a global network solution.
• Directly supported business growth of 30% through the deployment and enhancement of technology in new markets and across new retailers and banks.
• Transformed the IT organization to achieve predictable, quality, and cost effective delivery, whilst increasing overall project delivery capability by a factor of 3 to meet the growing demands of a digital business.
• Increased operating leverage by optimizing technology costs.
• Delivered a wide variety of new and innovative technology initiatives to maintain market leadership and to support a growing company. From January 2012 to Present (4 years) Geneva Area, SwitzerlandCIO International Operations @ Promoted into CIO of International Operations business unit ($3B revenue), specializing in automotive finance and leasing across 40 markets (Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific). Reported to Group CIO and Business Unit CEO. Responsible for a budget of $170M, an internal team of 140 FTE, and multi-sourced delivery through several strategic partners. Took on additional responsibility for the North American dealer financing IT programme, IT strategic planning across the Global Automotive and Insurance business units, and facilities management of the European regional office. Managing through the financial crisis, the business imperatives included driving growth by increasing penetration, diversifying the portfolio of OEMs, reducing operational expense, securing low cost funding, and restructuring non-strategic assets. Key achievements:
• Transformed International Operations from a federation of 40 individual markets with local
processes, systems, and operations into efficient regional clusters running common processes, on common systems, with shared service centres.
• Supported business growth by enabling new OEM alliances, product enhancements, and rapid expansion in China including initiation of transformational projects to replace legacy dealer loan acquisition and credit decision capabilities with market leading solutions. Supported the feasibility study and planning to set up an online savings account business.
• Reduced annual IT spend by 50% ($85M) through technology consolidation, efficiency gains, and sourcing activities.
• Transformed the IT organization from a reactive service provider into a trusted partner, increasing the value contribution through a focus on business process improvement, innovation, and stronger governance.
• Supported significant business restructuring through the divestment and wind-down of over 30 entities.
• Ensured audit and regulatory compliance including implementation of Bank Holding Company and Basel II compliance. From April 2008 to December 2011 (3 years 9 months) Applications Director @ Recruited into role, reporting to business unit CIO and chief architecture officer. Accountable for application development, maintenance, and support ($60M budget). Key challenges were to complete separation from General Motors and to drive the transformation from being part of a large manufacturer into a non-captive, independent, financial services company. Responsible for strategic programme delivery, architecture, PMO, and application vendor management. Key achievements:
• Re-established confidence in implementing a common retail loan servicing platform following a number of previously failed attempts. Paved the way for the successful roll-out of standard systems across International Operations.
• Drove process efficiencies, revenue growth, and customer retention through the delivery of initiatives including a dealer loan origination system, a data warehouse, and a commercial lending platform across multiple markets.
• Delivered $10M annual cost savings across multiple business units through improved demand management, contractor optimization, and shift to offshore resources. Significantly improved outsourced project delivery cost and quality.
• Enabled the spin-off from General Motors by driving the application separation programme From January 2007 to March 2008 (1 year 3 months) Global IS Manager - Finance & Business Intelligence @ Led the IT team responsible for the finance function, corporate headquarter applications, and the global business intelligence programme. Responsible for the application strategy, delivery, and system / business process improvements with a team of 14 including matrix resources. Managed 3rd party development and the transition to offshore support.
• Turned around a failed CEO-sponsored business intelligence project by stabilizing and improving the solution.
• Integrated a newly acquired pharma business into financial systems and delivered new finance and reporting projects. From July 2005 to January 2007 (1 year 7 months) Global Application Services Delivery Manager @ Selected to establish and manage a new near-shore application delivery centre within HP formed through an outsourcing deal with P&G. Budget $6M; line organization 180 FTE, with additional matrix teams in US, Canada, Philippines, and India.
• Transformed a cost-centre run organization into a profitable P&L-based operation. Improved customer satisfaction, delivery quality, SLA adherence, and profit margin. Created offshore teams to achieve a “best shoring” approach.
• More than doubled the application delivery business in Warsaw and established it as a strategic hub. Awarded leadership of the business intelligence practice across HP global delivery, and began delivery to other customers. From August 2003 to July 2005 (2 years) Warsaw, Masovian District, PolandGlobal Business Services Section Manager @ Seconded to Warsaw to help establish an internal low-cost shared-services organization responsible for global implementation and support of business intelligence solutions across a user base of ca. 20,000. From May 2001 to July 2003 (2 years 3 months) Warsaw, Masovian District, PolandPlant IT Manager @ Seconded to Germany as Head of IT for 24x7 manufacturing operations and distribution centers in Germany, Hungary, and Turkey, with user base of 1,600. Team size 13, budget $3M. Ensured high availability of manufacturing lines, reduced manufacturing costs, and helped improve speed to market of new products. Global responsibility for Manufacturing Execution Systems strategy. From August 1998 to May 2001 (2 years 10 months) SAP Group manager @ Various roles within a newly established SAP Centre of Excellence, including line management of a 24 x 7 SAP technical support organization covering Europe, Mexico, and a global pharmaceutical business unit, and implementation of SAP finance modules into eight subsidiaries in Europe and Mexico. From September 1992 to July 1998 (5 years 11 months) Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
MEng, Computer Systems & Software Engineering, 1st class with distinction @ University of York From 1988 to 1992 Carrickfergus Grammar From 1981 to 1988 Colin Shenoy is skilled in: IT Strategy, Leadership, Team Building, Change Management, IT Financial Management, IT Outsourcing, Virtual Teams, Global Delivery, Business Relationship Management, Business Intelligence, Applications Delivery, Governance, Shared Services, Offshoring, Outsourcing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension