Business Analyst & Consultant @ Peppers&Rogers
Consultant @ Accenture
Honors, Engineering Technology Management @
Technical University of Eindhoven
Highly qualified with the ability to assimilate information rapidly to understand the strategic integration points and applying this knowledge to create value adding solutions. International award winning experience in heading up supply chain planning, processes and systems across various industries. Maintains high standards and quality of work while keeping an entrepreneurial edge. Creating efficient and value adding
Highly qualified with the ability to assimilate information rapidly to understand the strategic integration points and applying this knowledge to create value adding solutions. International award winning experience in heading up supply chain planning, processes and systems across various industries. Maintains high standards and quality of work while keeping an entrepreneurial edge. Creating efficient and value adding supply chains by integrating technology, processes and inspiring people. Passionate about understanding, managing and ultimately alleviating disparities between different nodes to drive cohesion and effectiveness.
With over 10 years' experience in managing Integrated Business Planning processes as well as large scale Supply chain system implementations provided unique knowledge of the broader business. I thrive on balancing internal and external partner requirements, constraints, demand, logistics and macro implications to meat Strategic and financial goals.
- Project Lead for integrated Suppy chain commodity information management System across Souther Africa (managing R40 billion in stock)
-Business lead for local SAP SCM implementation and part of global template design team
*Achieved an LAA Bronze award
*Linde CIO award
- S&OP Process & technology implementation
- Extensive Experience in diverse and international Environments (Dubai – United Arab Emirates, Switzerland, Africa, Germany , Sweden),
- Master Degree in Technology Management (with Distinction), Thesis on modelling energy generation decisions – Delivered paper at international PICMET conference 2008.
- 8 Years senior management experience in operational supply chain capacity.
- 6 Years experience in management consulting and project management.- Employers: Afrox, Barloworld Logistics, Accenture, & Kumba Resources.
- Project management experience in engineering, consulting and software implementation.
Strategic Project Director – Copper Supply Chain @ • Productively involved in one of the world’s largest integrated mining and commodity trading companies, delivering supply chain management of commodities, e.g. production, transport, clearing, cross docking, warehousing and shipping.
• Accountable for supply chain financial and risk modelling and the development of strategic plans.
• Strategically collaborating with vendors and service providers, managing contracts and negotiations, also directing in-bound logistics including Incoterms, port of entry, warehousing and clearing whilst providing commodity flow forecasting and production monitoring.
• Responsible for the design, implementation and management of the Commodity Supply Chain Information System, comprising:
System and process integration from mine to port to enable end-to-end supply chain, including: Mine Production PLC, ERP, barcoding and LIMS quality systems; major port warehouses (3PLs) on East and West African coastlines; satellite tracking with hauliers; cross docking warehouse and Head Office, Switzerland for Operational functions.
Process design and modelling for streamlined execution and better cohesion across supply chain nodes.
Leading and guiding operational and project teams to achieve deliverables and follow procedures
Change Management on both internal and external resources operational execution, analysis and alerts.
Performance management, including reports, alerts and dashboard implementation.
Adopted responsive development methodology for quick delivery of system functionality.
Request for tender proposals (RFP) and contractual negotiation with the implementation partner
• Handling load capacity planning for outbound trucks and initiated the Rail Rehabilitation project From February 2013 to Present (2 years 11 months) National Supply Chain Planning Manager @ -Capably managed the national supply chain of this leading provider of gases, welding and cylinders in Africa, e.g. implementation and management of all demand and supply planning processes, including the planning of three factories and procurement of goods at more than $400 million per annum; stock optimisation and merchandise planning in gas and retail outlets and integrated planning of the sales and operations process, such as sales, marketing, production, distribution, warehousing and finance.
• Setup the Sales and Operations Planning process within Afrox across all business units. Implemented demand and supply planning and fostered cross functional collaboration and understanding. The S&OP process gave rise to the Integrated planning redesign with Oliver Whight
• Business Lead for SAP APO roll out within AFROX with KPI results since inception indicating improved availability of more than 4%; improved forecast accuracy of 20% and decreased excess stock value of 20% - which amounted to some R40 million.
• Directed the global roll-out of the software application, Systems Applications and Products’ (SAP) Advanced Planner and Optimiser (APO) within the Linde group and took joint responsibility for global business process blue print design of SAP APO, i.e. demand planning, globally available to promise and supply network planning.
• As Business Process Lead for SAP APO implementation in the Africa region, improved existing legacy planning systems and integration of these on the SAP platform.
• Accountable for business case benefits and project life cycle analysis; organisational restructure and design; served as six sigma project team member with involvement in capital expenditure planning, e.g. Net Present Value (NPV), discounted payback, internal rate of return (IRR) and economic value added (EVA) profit. From September 2008 to January 2013 (4 years 5 months) Project Manager @ Efficiently involved in chain management solutions, comprising consulting and software and responsibilities pertaining to:
• Solution Engineering of supply chain management integration.
• Full cycle project management of supply chain management solutions
• Methodology development and knowledge management
• Internal knowledge transfer and resource training
• Provided Nampak, the largest packaging company in the Southern Hemisphere, with a recommendation on the supply chain impact of a new R500 million paper mill.
• Provided Axiom Dubai – the largest distributor of mobile phones in the Gulf region – with inventory management and demand planning software, as well as process implementation; also responsible for ERP conversion of inventory software
• Delivered inventory management solution design through work and process flow analysis to a Dubai-based conglomerate representing Land Rover, Ford, Maserati and Ferrari
• Conducted a full inventory management survey of all operations, with software implementation road map, for a Dubai distributor of Mercedes Benz, Jeep, Chrysler, Bosch, Osram and Michelin vehicles and products in the United Arab Emirates From February 2006 to August 2008 (2 years 7 months) Business Analyst & Consultant @ Involved in projects for various clients including:
• Customer Analytics and Segmentation as well as Loyalty Programme assessment and recommendations for the AL Tayer Group, a Dubai-based conglomerate handling Land Rover, FORD, Maserati, Ferrari, Perfumes and Harvey Nicols.
• Involved in an operational excellence and process improvement project in Saudi Arabia, for the A Rajhi Banking and Investment Corporation.
• Assisting Etihad Airlines in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, I took responsibility for customer-facing process design and experience management From January 2005 to February 2006 (1 year 2 months) Consultant @ • Involved in the design and implementation of Business Process Re-Engineering and related responsibilities for Accenture clients.
• Served various clients, including BP Lubricants and Retail and managed business process re-engineering projects in the company’s Logistics and Supply Chain. Also conducted systems assessments of the BP production plant; performed client bank statement reconciliation solution coding for BP Lubricants’ and a strategic review of the BP Fuel Master Fleet technology offering.
• Worked on billing system (CorDaptix) conversion and data integrity management for Eskom Distribution South Africa. From 2003 to 2005 (2 years)
Masters, Engineering Management @ University of Pretoria/Universiteit van Pretoria From 2007 to 2008 Honors, Engineering Technology Management @ Technical University of Eindhoven From 2002 to 2002 Bachelors, Mechanical Engineering @ University of Pretoria/Universiteit van Pretoria From 1998 to 2001 Clemens Engelbrecht is skilled in: Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain, ERP, Project Planning, Business Process, SAP, Project Management, Six Sigma, Procurement, Management Consulting, Logistics, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Demand Planning, Production Planning, Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension