Head of E2R (Event 2 Resolution) - IT Service Assurance Strategy @ Yahoo!
Head of Product Managemen (Product Roadmap + Strategy + Execution) @
Stanford Executive Institute Summer Program @
VP Product Management @ Moogsoft is revolutionizing the monitoring of large scale infrastructure and applications. Its flagship product Incident.MOOG is first to market with a solution that combines machine learning, algorithms and collaboration. It processes big data, sifts through the noise and surfaces real issues. From November 2014 to Present (1 year) San Francisco Bay AreaTechnology Stack
VP Product Management @ Moogsoft is revolutionizing the monitoring of large scale infrastructure and applications. Its flagship product Incident.MOOG is first to market with a solution that combines machine learning, algorithms and collaboration. It processes big data, sifts through the noise and surfaces real issues. From November 2014 to Present (1 year) San Francisco Bay AreaTechnology Stack : Event To Resolution @ Leading the product and development efforts for site reliability systems including
• Develop the company-wide vision and roadmap for event management to improve efficiencies of support staff and reduce the time to detect and resolve system issues.
• Provide the engineering and product leadership for the implementation of Moog, a next generation event management solution using a machine learning and algorithmic approach.
• Lead the technical evaluation of complex site reliability systems in areas such as event correlation, runbook automation and service management. Perform market analysis, in depth proof of concepts, partner with software vendors and assist with contract negotiations. From January 2012 to October 2014 (2 years 10 months) Sunnyvale, CAProduction Advisory Council @ Nominated to represent Yahoo! on ServiceNow's Product Advisory Council.
• Provide input to Service Now on priorities and roadmap
• Engage with technology leaders from various other companies to discuss challenges, trends and strategy From April 2013 to April 2014 (1 year 1 month) Sr Service Engineering Manager @ • Responsible for the reliability and uptime of key Yahoo! Properties (Shopping, Deals, Local, Travel, Small Business hosting / store) with a focus on the application layer.
• Led the team through multiple changes including introduction of a tiered support model and formation of a new team in Hillsboro, Oregon. From September 2009 to December 2011 (2 years 4 months) Sunnyvale, CaliforniaSoftware Engineering Manager @ • Managed a team of 6 back end developers responsible for the processing of quotes and stock exchange data for global Yahoo! Finance property – C/C++ environment running Linux/FreeBSD
• Responsible for the quotes feeds environment that was experiencing almost daily outages. Kicked off and implemented various architecture, high availability and scaling improvements which in turn virtually eliminated outages. From October 2007 to September 2009 (2 years) Sunnyvale, CaliforniaService Engineering Manager @ • Managed a team of 11 with responsibility for the availability of Yahoo! Mail
• Environment consisted of 50,000+ servers running Linux / Free BSD From November 2006 to October 2007 (1 year) Sunnyvale, CaliforniaDirector of Information Technology @ • Managing a team located in San Jose, California and Chennai, India providing system and engineering support for a Smartphone startup company From November 2005 to November 2006 (1 year 1 month) San Jose, CaliforniaWeb Operations & Infrastructure Manager @ Held various roles from software developer then system administrator, architect and manager.
• Responsible for the systems operations of HP’s consumer online store hpshopping.com – a $1+ billion business.
• Held the role of lead architect on a major server consolidation and re-architecture project for the entire e-commerce, SAP and business intelligence environments. From June 1999 to November 2005 (6 years 6 months) Palo Alto, CaliforniaSoftware Developer @ From June 1997 to June 1999 (2 years 1 month) Dublin, IrelandSoftware Developer @ • Software developer in Europe for order entry and account processing systems using Informix-4GL running UNIX
• Participant on a team that achieved SEI Capability Maturity Model level 3 certification From June 1995 to June 1997 (2 years 1 month) Dublin, Ireland
Stanford Executive Institute Summer Program, Marketing, Finance, Innovation, Strategy @ Stanford University From 2003 to 2003 Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Software Engineering, Honors @ Institute of Technology, Carlow From 1991 to 1995
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension