Digital Media Buyer, Global Engagement & Acquisition Marketing @ From September 2015 to Present (2 months) San Francisco Bay AreaBusiness Development Intern @ Slickdeals is the web’s largest and most trusted deal-sharing community with over 8 million unique monthly visitors and over a million registered users. Slickdeals has saved its users more than $3 billion with free
Digital Media Buyer, Global Engagement & Acquisition Marketing @ From September 2015 to Present (2 months) San Francisco Bay AreaBusiness Development Intern @ Slickdeals is the web’s largest and most trusted deal-sharing community with over 8 million unique monthly visitors and over a million registered users. Slickdeals has saved its users more than $3 billion with free access to deals from all over the web—the majority being user-generated content. With our vast user base constantly scouring the web and sharing deals, votes, and feedback, we’re able to provide one of the best tools at consumers’ disposal in the purchasing decision process.
In my role at Slickdeals, my responsibilities included the following:
• Manage merchant relationships; provide merchant education, development, and communication.
• Assist in leading projects/initiatives, planning events, and social media marketing.
• Conduct competitive research and analysis.
• Work closely with marketing team to optimize search engine marketing strategies, quality assurance, and return on ad spend.
• Prospect, evaluate, and sign on new strategic partners in affiliate marketing, advertising, and content development.
• Coordinate and run promotional content, ad placements, and ad hoc partner requests.
• Assist in planning and execution of grassroots marketing campaign: Slickdeals College Tour at USC, UCLA, and UCI.
• Affiliate Summit West 2015: organize and attend meetings to network with and evaluate prospective merchants; optimize campaigns for existing partners.
• Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 (2014)
• Top 10 Savings Site, Buffalo News (2014)
• #9 Ranking on the .Net100, Entreprenuer.com (2014) From June 2014 to March 2015 (10 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaChemistry Peer Learning Facilitator @ The Academic Advancement Program (AAP) is the nation’s largest university-based student diversity program. AAP has enjoyed a tradition of academic excellence at UCLA for over 40 years. AAP provides Peer Learning Workshops to almost 2,000 AAP students every week. AAP Peer Learning workshops offer students an opportunity to shape their own educational experiences – and to excel.
My responsibilities included the following:
• Create lesson plans, challenging worksheets, and practice exams
• Facilitate discussions focused on problems and concepts covered in correspondence to the course
• Teach students the value of collaborative learning and teamwork
• Attend chemistry course lectures to provide the highest quality and relativity for student sessions From September 2012 to June 2014 (1 year 10 months) University of California, Los AngelesPR Team @ • Work as a team specializing in Public Relations for the Project Ethos fashion show.
• Plan, organize, and manage event happenings; assist with fashion show proceedings such as greeting, arranging and directing seating, and overseeing celebrity and audience matters throughout the event. From March 2014 to March 2014 (1 month) Greater Los Angeles AreaFashion PR Intern @ • Merchandise and style showrooms
• Organize and track client loans and stylist pulls
• Manage inventory and records of client shipments
• Assist with client appointments
• Assist in planning, organizing, and running exclusive events From August 2013 to December 2013 (5 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaFashion PR & Editorial Intern @ • Develop promotional content for client brands in editorial media
• Strategize product/brand placement
• Research client news, celebrity fashion trends, and fashion media coverage
• Manage and organize client database From July 2013 to September 2013 (3 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaAcquisitions Intern @ Shoreline Entertainment is a Worldwide Sales Agent, Production Company and Management Entity. Established in 1992, it is one of the longest running, most prolific, and most highly-respected companies in the film industry.
• Prospect and develop relationships with producers and directors to acquire film sales rights
• Attend meetings with producers to negotiate sales
• Read scripts and write a coverage for each, giving input and opinions about films From April 2013 to June 2013 (3 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaPrivate Academic Tutor @ • Create lesson plans and tutor elementary, middle, and high school students in various subjects including SAT Preparation, English, math, and physics. From July 2011 to September 2012 (1 year 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaComposition Tutor @ • Personally recommended by UCLA English professor for the writing center’s first team of composition tutors.
• Facilitate discussions and guide students through issues with various forms of writing: essays, personal statements, research papers, project proposals, etc. From January 2012 to June 2012 (6 months) University of California, Los AngelesEvent Production Intern @ • Plan and produce a dance event for Cheshire Moon, Inc., a nonprofit organization, to raise funds for arts programs in public schools while showcasing up-and-coming dancers and choreographers.
• Secured a radio appearance and interview, assisted in public relations, and sponsor outreach
• Directed dance groups through tech rehearsals; coordinated music and lighting From February 2012 to May 2012 (4 months) Greater Los Angeles Area
Bachelor’s Degree, Communication Studies & Psychology, Cumulative GPA: 3.751 @ University of California, Los Angeles From 2010 to 2014 High School, Cumulative GPA: 4.24 @ Milpitas High School From 2006 to 2010 Christine Nguyen is skilled in: Microsoft Office, Research, Teaching, English, Event Planning, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Public Relations, Public Speaking, Microsoft Word, Data Analysis, Social Media, Teamwork, Customer Service, Windows, Budgets, Strategic Planning, Community Outreach, Affiliate Networks, Affiliate Relations, Sales Management, Reporting & Analysis, Business Development, Digital Marketing, Events Coordination, Academic Tutoring, Online Advertising, Marketing, Social Networking, Account Management, Social Media Marketing, Facebook, Writing, Advertising
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension