A sales, marketing and business development candidate with 9 years of experience in social entrepreneurship, retail, group buying, business planning, relationship management, strategic leadership, creative online engagement, negotiation, online commerce and customer experience building. Christian is a proven leader who is hands-on, passionate and a quick learner with the ability to drive strategy in order to deliver
A sales, marketing and business development candidate with 9 years of experience in social entrepreneurship, retail, group buying, business planning, relationship management, strategic leadership, creative online engagement, negotiation, online commerce and customer experience building. Christian is a proven leader who is hands-on, passionate and a quick learner with the ability to drive strategy in order to deliver results. He has the proven ability to design market position and grow sales potential in new and existing markets. Christian’s innovative, self-motivated, energetic and entrepreneurial spirit are core to his professional expertise in building start-ups, driving sales and creating strong brands and products. With professional and personal experiences in North America and the Middle East, Christian has a can-do attitude, a strong work ethic to drive business growth and boost market share.
General Manager @ From July 2015 to Present (6 months) United Arab EmiratesHead of New Markets @ Careem makes arranging ground transportation reliable, personal, safe and convenient. Started by former management consultants, Careem is a private car booking service that is upgrading the way people travel around town. Our customers can order a car online or using our mobile app, track their rides in real-time, pay with credit cards, and access receipts online. We are also serving some large corporates, who have signed up all their staff and pay through monthly invoices.
Our global team is spread between Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Jeddah, Beirut, Kuwait City, Riyadh, Karachi, Cairo, Boston and San Francisco. From February 2015 to July 2015 (6 months) General Manager @ Easy Taxi is a mobile E-hailing application available in 30 countries. The app allows users to book a taxi and track it in real time. The same iOS, Android, or Windows Phone app can be used in all places in which the partner taxis operate. Easy Taxi was founded in 2011 in Brazil and has since expanded globally, covering the network of 32 countries and more than 162 cities, growing at the rate of three cities per month. As of July 2014, we have had over 7 million downloads and more than 185,000 taxi drivers are affiliated with an Easy Taxi network.
The startup is backed primarily by the biggest e-Commerce incubator in the world, Rocket Internet, but also other investors, including Millicon and iMENA to secure Easy Taxi's foothold in emerging markets. The three latest series of investment took Easy Taxi to over $42million in backing.
Now available in Saudi Arabia! From May 2014 to January 2015 (9 months) Co-founder & COO @ Sell 2 Give was designed to develop responsible consumer products that directly support many of today's critical social causes by providing shared value to all stakeholders. Sell 2 Give is committed to making a difference as identified by the brand ideology of covering issues ranging from famine to education and health to environment. Veteran Springs, the first product launched, is a bottled spring water that supports US war veterans through the donation of 100% of net profits.
As co-founder of the United States’ first and only social consumer product that dedicates 100% of its net profits to Veterans and being directly responsible for creating and conceptualising the organization, including its business model, corporate mission, vision and goals, pricing structure, promotional strategy and brand identity while also solidifying the foundation for the product’s societal mission. Accomplishments include:
• Developing the sales and marketing strategy involving donation structure, promotions, partnerships and a competitive pricing model
• Creating & implementing the business development strategy of the brand to garner interest and buy-into the brand, which now includes support from the largest brokerage company in the U.S. for consumer products
• Building relationships with all stakeholders across the value chain to ensure excellent product development, delivery & quality
• Establishing partnerships with the largest national manufacturers of bottled water while negotiation a highly competitive COGS
• Securing a partnership with the US’s most respected veteran supporting non-profit, Hope for The Warriors, & maximizing transparency through Veteran Springs’ online donations tracker in order to efficiently manage donations
• Managing business set up, both legally and financially to operate from the United States
• Conceptualizing & creating brand identity, logo, slogan, website, and creative content for consumers in order to clearly communicate brand values & mission From May 2013 to October 2014 (1 year 6 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaVice President Sales & Donations, Partner @ MAJI is North America's Premium Social Water that is committed to the alleviation of the world water crisis by performing relief missions where water is an urgent need. We have given to thousands in need across the world from Nicaragua, India to the Congo. MAJI, Swahili for Water. From October 2012 to September 2013 (1 year) Greater New York City AreaAccount Executive - Corporate Sales @ Tuango.ca is a group-buying website. It provides its members access to outstanding deals from some of the best businesses and brands in Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa-Gatineau, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivières, Drummondville : restaurants, spas, activities, shows, getaways, and much more!
Each day, we feature a new deal; in order for the deal to be valid, a minimum number of our members must buy into the offer, at which point the discount is activated.
We work with your business to put together a great deal. As an enterprise, you don’t pay anything up-front and if the deal is activated you are guaranteed hundreds of new customers. As a member, you enjoy the best discounts and businesses in your town! It’s that simple! From June 2012 to November 2012 (6 months) Director of Sales @ Smartbox is the world leader in creating pre-paid gift boxes specializing in delivering exciting and memorable experiences to the marketplace. Smartbox is distributed through major retail outlets, corporate B to B programs and through on-line sales. Headquartered in France, Smartbox serves the international marketplace throughout Europe, North America, South America and Asia.
Developed and implemented national multi-channel product launch with heavy focus on Ontario and Quebec. Surpassed distribution and sales objectives. Developed a complete marketing and sales program where none previously existed. Programs now serve as a guide for new hires and future departmental growth. Set up and established new territory by:
- Devising a technique for introducing the concept and the product to customers.
- Designing separate yet related campaigns for e-commerce, retail, and BtoB.
- Developing product awareness through heavy POS marketing with the support of above-the-line drive-to-action
- Negotiating and executing distribution with 600+ points of sales in Canada’s largest retailers
- Building, training and managing marketing and sales teams to support and drive programs.
- Establishing winning relationships with leading Canadian retailers including HBC group, Jean Coutu, Schurman Group (Carlton Cards & Papyrus), Best Buy Canada, Future Shop Canada, Archambault, Chapters Indigo, Presse Commerce Group, Essence du papier, Quebec Loisirs, Office Depot and more... From January 2010 to January 2012 (2 years 1 month) Montreal, Canada AreaBusiness Development Manager @ - Created and successfully developed national BtoB program in Canada.
- Surpassed objectives and built extensive reseller and direct business relationships.
- Created and successfully implemented programs that still serve as a guide for new hires and future departmental growth.
- Designed, integrated and executed complete sales support strategy through development of sales & marketing collateral and marketing programs. From February 2009 to January 2010 (1 year) Montreal, Canada AreaProduction Manager @ Avant Garde Video Inc. is a leading Montreal based AV and event company. Providing full-service audio visual rental resources for corporate events, exhibit programs, trade shows and conventions of all sizes.
- Managed priority projects and developed key customer acquisition strategies.
- Generated and managed new opportunities increasing revenues considerably.
- Designed and implemented new cost-cutting model reducing fixed costs by 10% in year 1 and almost 20% in year 2.
- Developed adjusted marketing and sales strategies still in effect today.
- Hired, trained and managed team of 6. From May 2005 to February 2009 (3 years 10 months) Jewellery Consultant @ - Managed timepieces and fine jewellery departments.
- Trained sales professionals on sales techniques and full line product knowledge.
- Ensured adequate merchandising of all timepiece and fine jewellery.
- Sales professional. From January 2003 to May 2005 (2 years 5 months)
Concordia University From 2005 to 2007 DEC Commerce @ John Abbott College From 2002 to 2005 British International School of Jeddah From 1997 to 2002 Christian Eid is skilled in: Promotions, Retail, New Business Development, Marketing Strategy, Sales Management, Product Launch, Relationship Development, Corporate Housing, Advertising, Online Advertising, Product Development, CRM, E-commerce, Management, Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension