Media Management Co-Ordinator @ Discovery Communications
Product Development Intern @ Cadin Limited
History, Economics, Politics @
University of South Carolina-Columbia
Junior Marketing Analyst @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Media Management Co-Ordinator @ Discovery Communications is an international leader in pay TV, over 100 feeds are broadcast from their base in London to locations all across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It is one of the most complex operations within broadcasting in Europe and
Junior Marketing Analyst @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Media Management Co-Ordinator @ Discovery Communications is an international leader in pay TV, over 100 feeds are broadcast from their base in London to locations all across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It is one of the most complex operations within broadcasting in Europe and contains a very diverse multinational workforce.
● Role involved the management of media materials for Discovery, ensuring all media required for transmission is available and has passed quality control
● Creating efficient communication channels between various departments within Discovery as well as outside content vendors is a fundamental skill required for the role, as Discovery is often working to a tight schedule and material will often need to be acquired, and turned around in a time pressured environment
● A high level of diligence and problem solving skills are often required within the role. These are needed to help identify issues within the workflow chain and establish viable solutions that can be quickly implemented to resolve problems before material is required for transmission
● Separate to my responsibilities I undertook project work which required the testing of new software systems that are integral to the operation of the facility:
- Created a list of issues with current software that should be addressed within the upgrade
- Produced and analysed large numbers of reports to look for inconsistent trends in order to locate and diagnose potential issues
- Working alongside other departments in order to provide feedback to the development team ensuring the final product meets all departmental needs
- Addressing legacy issues created by previously undiscovered system flaws From July 2014 to September 2015 (1 year 3 months) Product Development Intern @ Cadin was a web startup company that sought to change the relationship between golfers and coaches. The platform would allow for an increased level of communication and accountability between the two parties helping players to improve their golf game.
● A core responsibility of this role was to increase engagement between Cadin’s users and the site, for this I had to help create and source regular content that would promote end user interactivity
● Throughout my time with Cadin I was asked to research and implement methods of Search Engine Optimisation in order to maximise the brands reach. This required me to learn about various methods of SEO as well as creating easy to read reports that could demonstrate growth or decline for any given day, week or month
● I was asked to attend golfing events on behalf of Cadin in order to promote the brand within the industry and to PGA professionals, which the company viewed as an integral part of their business plan
● Towards the end of my internship my role was expanded to incorporate social media management:
- Wrote content in order to promote the company
- Responsible for coordination with other aspects of the company such as PR
- Social media and website traffic both saw significant growth after my involvement began From January 2014 to May 2014 (5 months) Sales Consultant @ • Greeting customers and offering them assistance
• Suggesting possible unknown features to customers looking at products
• Provided informative demonstrations of Microsoft, Apple and Google products, requiring me to have an in depth, but also useful, knowledge of entire product range
• Based primarily within the computing department, however would often be called into other areas depending upon customer needs, requiring knowledge of a broad product range.
• Advised customers by providing information on products and helped customers make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions.
• Hitting targeted attached sales to primary products, such as insurance
• Helped to direct customers to preferred sales primarily “Our Experts Love” products
• Created business to business accounts and conducted business to business sales From August 2013 to December 2013 (5 months) Canterbury, United KingdomCustomer Representative/Sales Assistant @ • Greeted customers and clients
• Provided assistance and helped to advise customers on potential purchases, offering information and opinions on a variety of products.
• Used electronic point of sale program in order to carry out customer transactions with a variety of payment methods.
• Carried out end of day functions including cashing up till and production of daily sales reports
• Worked to achieve team and product orientated sales targets.
• Helped to maintain stock levels throughout store.
• Contributed with facility maintenance and merchandising presentation of products throughout store.
• Gained an understanding of time management and team relations through working with a small focused group. From July 2006 to August 2012 (6 years 2 months)
BA (Hons), American History, 2.1 @ The University of Kent From 2010 to 2014 History, Economics, Politics @ University of South Carolina-Columbia From 2012 to 2013 Chris Martin is skilled in: Social Media, Customer Service, Management, People Skills, Retail, Time Management, Microsoft Office, Sports, Research, Microsoft Excel, Meeting Sales Goals, Selling to Customer Needs, Product Knowledge, Energy Level, Dependability
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension