I have been fortunate to work with technology for the last 15 years in a wide range of roles starting with developing small web sites to leading digital transformations across one of the most visible companies in the world. Within every phase of my career, I have always tried to understand every detail possible while keeping my
I have been fortunate to work with technology for the last 15 years in a wide range of roles starting with developing small web sites to leading digital transformations across one of the most visible companies in the world. Within every phase of my career, I have always tried to understand every detail possible while keeping my eye on the bigger picture and making sure quality existed at every step of the way. A passionate technologist with the curiosity needed to push products to their fullest potential, I have incorporated all of my technical knowledge with my strong work ethic and desire for success into a career full of outstanding accomplishments and respect from my peers along the way. My holistic approach towards technology and business has enabled me to lead and influence those around me to make not only my best possible self, but bring that out in those I work with.
Specialties: Software architecture, software development, software design, database design, agile methodologies, development operations, infrastructure management, migrations, team management, resource planning, systems engineering, release engineering, performance engineering, test driven development, hosting, cloud
Senior DevOps Engineer @ From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Greater New York City AreaDirector of DevOps @ Responsible for all digital infrastructure as well as implementing DevOps practices throughout the company.
- Led 40 person team that migrated Condé Nast’s 170 applications and 600+ physical and virtual servers into AWS. This resulted in 60% decrease in response times, 70% cost reduction, and was all accomplished in 6 months.
- Managed vendor relationships and contract negotiations for all technologies used.
- Coordinated DevOps resources for 25+ brands and internal business units From January 2014 to March 2015 (1 year 3 months) Greater New York City AreaSenior Manager of DevOps @ - Introduced configuration management to standardize all infrastructure and application deployments company wide. This allowed us to codify operational standards such as monitoring/logging/security.
- Built out DevOps team to take over operations from our hosting provider and internalize support.
- Developed 24x7 on call with 2 level support that included ops and dev team members.
- Introduced analytics for applications using New Relic, Graphite, Log Stash used by entire company. From April 2011 to December 2013 (2 years 9 months) Greater New York City AreaManager of Engineering @ - Created media workflow engine to process images and video for all Conde websites.
- Developed CMDB which stored information on all deployed applications. Included a rest API for use during deployments and for our runbooks.
- Built performance tools to analyze web page assets and determine cacheability in our CDN. Results were used to optimize pages and shorten response times. From April 2006 to March 2011 (5 years) Greater New York City AreaLead Software Architect @ Helped create www.clubgames.com, an online massive multiplayer platform which hosted skill games such as poker, backgammon, and dominoes globally. From 2004 to 2006 (2 years) Web Developer @ Designed and implemented websites for local businesses and non profits. Used ASP and Java as well as SQL Server 2000. From December 2001 to February 2004 (2 years 3 months)
B.S., Computer Science @ Georgia Institute of Technology From 1997 to 2001 Chris Handy is skilled in: Agile Methodologies, Software Development, Java, Apache, Architecture, Database Design, Amazon EC2, Hosting, Scrum, Scalability, Web Development, continuous integration, Data Center, Software Design, REST
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension