Software Engineering Intern @ Silver Spring Networks
Embedded System Engineer @ International Technological University
Bachelor's degree, Electrical and Electronics Engineering @
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
I am currently a graduate student in the major of Computer Science at Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA. I have strong programming skills in Java/Python and experience with full stack web development. Adept in multiple programming and frameworks (Spring, Django and Flask). And also I have some experience with Hadoop, big data and information retrieval. I
I am currently a graduate student in the major of Computer Science at Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA. I have strong programming skills in Java/Python and experience with full stack web development. Adept in multiple programming and frameworks (Spring, Django and Flask). And also I have some experience with Hadoop, big data and information retrieval. I am a quick and effective learner and Interested in challenging opportunities that can enhance my development skills.
• Django and Flask framework, Spring framework
• RESTful Web Service, JDBC, JSP, Servlet, Tomcat, ActiveMQ
• MySQL, Hadoop/MapReduce/Mahout
• Web Crawling, Mechanize, Selenium, BeatifulSoup4
• Eclipse, IntelliJ, Perforce, Git, Maven
Software Engineering Intern @ • Built and extended 40% features and APIs of Internal Web Service framework for transitioning backend data objects retrieved via SOAP APIs to presentation layer consisting of multiple views (detail, edit, search).
• Launched a provisioning tool for PG&E to serve thousands of smart meters and HAN devices in a multi-threaded environment with detailed performance (memory/CPU usage) report.
• Investigated and fixed 30% of security, performance and UI bugs for Meter Program Configurator product.
• Implemented over a hundred SQL re-runnable scripts in an Oracle database system, reducing error rate by 30%-40%.
• Designed and implemented a device-independent virtualized testing framework using ActiveMQ (Java Message Service) to supplement slower tests running on devices. From June 2014 to September 2014 (4 months) Research Assistant ( Embedded System ) @ Smart Meter System
- Developed a low cost smart meter for both user side and concentrator
- Detailed system specification from user side to server side based on hardware/software co-design methodology
- Zigbee high level communication protocol design and implementation
- System integration of Zigbee, power sensor, display, and control modules.
- Data processing and storage on server side based on MySQL database
- Data retrieval and graphical display for users using PHP and HTML
Body monitor system
- Developed a low power portable human body monitor
- System specification, communication interface definition and test plan determination
- Low power Bluetooth 4.0 development communicating with iPhone
- Power Management development based on TI PMIC
- Algorithms and drivers/firmware development of sensors: EKG, accelerometer, humidity, etc.
- PCB demo board design, implementation and debugging
Autonomous car-like robot system (indoor)
- Real-time robot control system development with µC/OS-II Operating System
- High level communication protocol development based on CAN network
- Driver/firmware/API implementation, such as UART, I2C, SPI, ADC, etc.
- FPGA system development to enhance the performance of huge data collecting from various sensors (sonar, laser, compass, accelerator, etc) From January 2011 to December 2013 (3 years)
Master's degree, Computer Science and Engineering, 3.6/4.0 @ Santa Clara University From 2013 to 2015 Master's degree, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 3.91/4.0 @ International Technological University From 2009 to 2011 Bachelor's degree, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 84.5/100 @ Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications From 2004 to 2008 Chen Yang is skilled in: Verilog, Embedded Systems, Java, C/C++ STL, HTML, PCB design, Web Services, Python, Java Enterprise Edition, Multithreading, Django, Spring, Web Crawling, ZigBee, Algorithms
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension