More than 12 years of management experience in strategic engagements spread across Corporate Strategy, Analytics & Consulting (B2B, Customer & Sales areas primarily), Presales, Strategic Marketing (deals/ bids) and Business Transitions. He has a fair exposure to designing delivery units as well as leading big-ticket projects. His area of specialty and interest is in leading the startup
More than 12 years of management experience in strategic engagements spread across Corporate Strategy, Analytics & Consulting (B2B, Customer & Sales areas primarily), Presales, Strategic Marketing (deals/ bids) and Business Transitions. He has a fair exposure to designing delivery units as well as leading big-ticket projects. His area of specialty and interest is in leading the startup and incubation of new engagements.
Currently he leads proposition development and portfolio strategy efforts at Hewlett-Packard and holds a practice lead responsibility for all Analytics and BI Deployments in Enterprise Services and Big Data.
In the past, Chayan has worked with Fortune Majors like General Electric and IBM, while he has also gathered significant ground in domain oriented companies like Usha-Martin Group and Genpact.
Chayan was heavily involved with the Corporate development team of Genpact when it broke away from the General Electric group and became an independent entity, by executing projects around go-to-market strategies for different offerings.
At Usha-Martin, he was briefly involved in Enterprise Selling for a couple of deals in BSS space, by lending support to pre-sales and business development efforts. Chayan has worked at IBM as a Project Manager aligned to the Banking sector, while supporting some of the key clients that IBM's BPO practice has in this space. He has interacted with niche clients and solicited back-office solutions to them and helped them create their outsourcing road-maps.
Additionally, he was also a Transformation Consultant supporting IBM's Enterprise Risk practice, rolling upto the CFO for South Asia, and his responsibility was to monitor risk for IBM's India enterprise operations.
Chayan is an Economics graduate, with an EMEP in General Management, from IIM Kozhikode. He is also certified in Corporate Transition Methodology (using project management toolkit) from GE Capital
Practice Principal - Enterprise Services @ Leading the complete Analytics portfolio development across the sub-region for all identified verticals which includes some of the marquee clientele in Manufacturing, Automotive, CPG and Public Sector. Being a Big-Data Enthusiast, prime responsibilities include -
- Thought leadership on "What We Sell" vs "What 'should' We Sell"
- Defining the value proposition for strategic pursuits
- Being able to evangelize the focus areas for all Analytics pursuits
- Articulation and Solution development of key offerings for current GTM strategy
- Opportunity qualification for Analytics portfolio
- Pursuit accountability for identified leads
- Leading HP's brand showcase at Trade Events, CIO forums and Industry Conferences From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Customer Engagement Manager @ Essaying the role of an Engagement Partner between clients and delivery organization with specific focus on strategic enterprise-wide initiatives. Have gathered an experience of working across different HP businesses like Software, Big Data, Technology Services and Enterprise Services.
This role majorly involves Proposition Development, Scope Design, Change Management, Project Planning and Governance, Stakeholder Management, Designing Delivery Capabilities and Leading strategic initiatives for different regions.
>> Big Data Marketing -
- Formalize execution of HP Software's Big Data frameworks strategy, create use-cases and work closely with Customer Advocacy Board
- Business value articulation in Sales workshops for strategic prospects
>> Evangelizing service value of analytics – Transforming traditional sales approaches
- Meeting end customers across multiple verticals to position the organization as a strategic business partner
- Creating marketable solutions from the existing boutique of managed services to enable productization
>> Solution Manager and Account Planning for architecting all new engagements
- Opportunity Identification and creation of a road-map of offshore services
- Develop value proposition for offshoring opportunities and cross-selling of win-win strategies
- Experience with Statements of work, budget and resource estimates, project plans, Pricing
>> Manage Business Relationships on existing engagements - Farm existing engagements for increasing depth/ complexity and transformation
>> People Management of a 20 member Sales Operations delivery team responsible for end to end Sales Analytics From November 2010 to January 2015 (4 years 3 months) Project Manager & Transformation Consultant @ >> Have worked with IBM's largest retail banking client in EMEA as the Project Lead for managing all transitions, process migrations, change requests, and contractual reviews.
>> Additionally, Chayan was also involved in scoping discussions with an Investment banking major in North America and soliciting banking back-office outsourcing solutions to them. This eventually led to the creation of a 2-year outsourcing road-map for the client.
>> The most recent role assumed was that of a Transformation Consultant for IBM's ERM practice, rolling upto the CFO for South Asia. Chayan was briefly responsible for identifying and monitoring risk scenarios relevant to the delivery practices for the entire region with a specific focus on Quality of Projects being delivered from India. From February 2009 to November 2010 (1 year 10 months) Business Manager - Marketing and Alliances @ Involved primarily in Pre-sales, Solutioning and BD Support, Marketing alliances and their corresponding relationship management.
Have also done Enterprise Selling for a couple of deals in BSS space. From July 2008 to January 2009 (7 months) Business Analyst - Strategic Marketing @ ++ Have completed Genpact's Transition Toolkit Methodology certification while being mentored by the Transition Leader for F&A clients.
++ Heavily involved with Corporate development for the company and contirbuted by driving the following projects:
- Sector based studies
- Competitive Intelligence Reports
- Market Intelligence on Deal pursuit
- Feasibility Analysis
- Corprate Marketing
++ As an extended responsibility, Chayan was also managing all Corprate Communication channels across Analytics businesses operating out of Genpact's Kolkata site. From January 2006 to July 2008 (2 years 7 months) Account Analyst - Risk Underwriting Operations @ Transitioned this business from "Industrial Risk Insurers" to GECIS as a part of the customer's MBB project in early 2004.
Was involved primarily in Knowledge transfer, process-documentations, FMEA etc.
Additional was given the responsibility of managing and training all new-hires to the team. From July 2003 to December 2005 (2 years 6 months)
EMEP, Management @ Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode From 2004 to 2005 B.Sc., Economics @ University of Calcutta From 2000 to 2003 St. Xavier's Collegiate School, Calcutta Chayan Mazumdar is skilled in: Outsourcing, Strategy, Program Management, Pre-sales, Business Development, Business Transformation, Process Consulting, BPO, Management, Start-ups, Business Intelligence, Big Data Analytics