Associate Director, Financial Reporting at D. E. Shaw Renewable Investments ("DESRI") @ The D. E. Shaw Group
Commissioner, Human Relations Commission @ City of Framingham
Town Meeting Member, Precinct 3 (District 2) @ City of Framingham
Bachelor of Science @
I am a Finance Manager with over 10 years of experience in helping companies run their corporate accounting departments efficiently while providing accurate and timely consolidated financial reporting, financial analysis, budgets and forecasts. I have a proven track record of identifying areas of opportunity within the accounting process where value can be created. I have helped finance
I am a Finance Manager with over 10 years of experience in helping companies run their corporate accounting departments efficiently while providing accurate and timely consolidated financial reporting, financial analysis, budgets and forecasts. I have a proven track record of identifying areas of opportunity within the accounting process where value can be created. I have helped finance departments eliminate or reduce time-consuming tasks allowing for more resources to be allocated towards timely financial analysis to help company leaders make informed decisions.
When I've encountered road blocks, in both my personal and professional life, I've learned to work around them. I am methodical and thorough. I am a problem solver and I don't give up easily. I have turned the challenges I have faced into great learning experiences.
I love making new professional acquaintances. E-mail me at email@example.com if you would like to get to know me better, talk business, or just network.
External Financial Reporting (Consolidated Financial Statements and Footnotes in both US GAAP and IFRS); Financial Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting; Financial Analysis and Internal financial reporting; Process Improvement; Financial System Selection, Implementation and Maintenance; Consolidations; Monthly close process; Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts; Research and Documentation of Technical Accounting Issues
Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting, North America Utility and Global Wind @ On January 29, 2015, First Wind was acquired by SunEdison, Inc.
Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting, Planning & Analysis, North America Utility and Global Wind
January 2015 – May 2015 (5 months) | Greater Boston Area From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Greater Boston AreaSr. Manager, Financial Reporting, Planning & Analysis @ First Wind was acquired by SunEdison, Inc. on January 29, 2015. From December 2011 to January 2015 (3 years 2 months) Greater Boston AreaFinancial Reporting Manager @ External and internal financial reporting manager for the North American division of the company f/k/a International Power plc., a publicly traded UK company and leading, global independent power producer.
• Efficiently and seamlessly transitioned financial reporting functions to the new regional corporate headquarters in Houston, TX after the February 2011 merger.
• Coordinated the monthly consolidation of US, Canada and Caribbean power plant activity and managed the reporting process to the company’s foreign parent.
• Prepared 2009-2015 budgets and periodic re-forecasts for US corporate level entities and joint ventures.
• Consistently delivered quarterly and annual audited financial statements in both IFRS and US GAAP to comply with project finance agreements as well as UK public company reporting requirements; This included the successful creation of the first set of audited IFRS financials to be issued out of the North American office.
• Accurately researched, documented and helped determine proper IFRS and US GAAP treatment of the region’s complex and technical accounting issues.
• Assisted in the preparation of detailed financial analysis and commentary for upper management and parent.
• Instrumental in the department’s revamping of the financial reporting processes including selection and successful implementation of reporting and forecasting accounting systems.
• Trained and mentored staff accountants, financial analysts and treasury analysts in order to create a stronger and more integrated finance team and to keep motivation levels high.
August 2008 – August 2009 (1 year) | Greater Boston Area From August 2008 to August 2011 (3 years 1 month) Greater Boston AreaSenior @ Key member of the Boston-based Outsourced Accounting Group of this international public accounting firm, ultimately specializing in tax accounting for energy clients.
• Calculated Federal and State monthly tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 (FAS 109).
• Calculated and submitted quarterly estimated Federal and State tax payments.
• Prepared tax returns for C Corporations, S Corporations and certain Trusts.
• Assisted in tax planning and preparation of tax expense forecasts and impact on cash flows.
• Supervised and supported general accounting functions helping clients with a comprehensive range of accounting activities including A/P, monthly and annual reporting, and tax return preparation.
• Generated monthly, quarterly and annual audited financial statements in US GAAP.
• Provided support for annual and special audits, for both general and tax accounting.
• Created new US GAAP audited financials and updated footnotes for existing annual reports performing summarization and technical accounting analysis of major contracts (Power Purchase Agreements, Energy Procurement Contracts, Operations and Maintenance Contracts, Project Financing Agreements, Related Party Agreements, etc.)
• Planned for and prepared monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory filings (FERC). From December 2006 to July 2008 (1 year 8 months) Greater Boston AreaAccountant @ My first accounting role after having graduated from Bentley helped me put to use all the accounting rules and concepts I had learned. My position required me to account for a significant income stream for the big box retailer, namely in the area of vendor-supported merchandise rebates and volume discounts. These discounts decreased cost of goods sold and increased unit contribution margins so there was a lot of importance placed by the accounting team in this area. While the merchandise buyers negotiated the deals, it was my job to help document and track that we were getting the discounts and rebates that the vendor's had offered the company. My tasks included entering the contracts into our sales tracking and accounting software, tracking performance of the rebate programs, preparing and booking adjusting entries to the stock ledger, reconciling the related ledger accounts, and identifying and correcting any discrepancies. In addition to working closely with my accounting managers, I also interacted regularly with non-financial people including our merchandise buyers and vendors. Another aspect of my job was being the administrator for a recently rolled-out web portal where vendors could see their related invoices and other detailed information. From September 2004 to December 2006 (2 years 4 months) Natick, MAPersonal Banker @ In my position here, on week-ends, my role was to focus on customer service and sales. I developed relationships with the bank's clients and helped identify their needs. My goal was to try to help customers with their personal finances and I did this successfully by getting to know them, educating them on basic personal finance matters and offering them bank products that I believed would help them achieve their goals. I helped on matters such as building and repairing credit, refinancing mortgages and debt consolidation. My conversational Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese language skills were very useful here. From September 2005 to February 2006 (6 months) Customer Service Representative @ I became a banker and teller at Fleet Bank and worked there all through college. I was with the bank until after its merger with Bank of America. I was able to gain valuable experience here in regards to retail banking, personal finance, customer sales and service as well as in areas like teamwork, surpervisor and management skills, training, and building relationships. I developed a loyal following of customers here and frequently had a queue of customers waiting for me to help them exclusively. Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and French language skills were often put to use in this role. From August 2001 to September 2005 (4 years 2 months)
Bachelor of Science, Corporate Finance & Accounting @ Bentley University From 2000 to 2004 MBA, Master of Science in Business Administration - Accounting Concentration @ Clark University From 2006 to 2009 High School Diploma @ Framingham High From 1996 to 2000 Cesar CPA is skilled in: Process Improvement, Financial Analysis, Strategic Financial Planning, Financial Reporting, Accounting, Forecasting, Consolidation, US GAAP, IFRS, Strategic Planning, Finance, Cash Flow, Mergers & Acquisitions, Analysis, Tax
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension