Rogers Arkansas Chapter President @ National Assoication of Professional Women (NAPW)
Managing Director @ C-ME Retail Solutions, LLC
Category Director @ Walmart
A driven and goal-oriented Retail Professional with progressive experience in cost of goods and negotiation, profit and loss oversight, data analysis, buying and merchandising, presentations, project management, training, and cross-functional team development. Utilizes strong communication and leadership to effectively manage complex projects and empower teams to meet business goals and objectives. An analytical and forward-thinking leader who
A driven and goal-oriented Retail Professional with progressive experience in cost of goods and negotiation, profit and loss oversight, data analysis, buying and merchandising, presentations, project management, training, and cross-functional team development. Utilizes strong communication and leadership to effectively manage complex projects and empower teams to meet business goals and objectives. An analytical and forward-thinking leader who identifies areas for process improvement and implements strategies to optimize operational efficiency, increase long-term revenues, and position a business as an industry leader.
Rogers Arkansas Chapter President @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Managing Director @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Category Director @ Developed strategy for the largest condiment and specialty grocery business in the United States. Collaborated with seven of top ten global Consumer Packed Goods (CPG) companies: Nestle, Proctor & Gamble, PepsiCo, Unilever, Kraft, Coca-Cola, and Tyson Foods. Negotiated millions of dollars in trade funds with CPG companies. Led quarterly strategic planning meetings with suppliers, buyers, and cross-functional team members. Trained buyers to reduce inventory and increase sales, profit, and turns while developing innovative promotional and pricing strategies for condiments and specialty items. Responsible for product selection included in weekly and monthly printed and digital advertisements distributed in newspapers, mailers, magazines, and online. Approved all retail items featured and sold in stores across the U.S. Collaborated with the Legal Department to manage risk and address legal matters. Analyzed market share data and information, including Retail Link, to develop successful strategies and address critical business needs.
• Held profit and loss (P&L) responsibility for over $4,000,000,000.
• Hired, coached, trained, and developed team of four buyers. Oversaw 15-member cross-functional team representing replenishment, pricing, planning, finance, store development, sourcing, and modular development.
• Developed long-term strategies for suppliers and Walmart to ensure category growth and profitability.
• Created a selection process for company sales items which automated and improved efficiency and increased productivity. From May 2009 to October 2014 (5 years 6 months) Senior Buyer @ Senior Buyer (2005-2009)
Assistant Buyer (1995-1996)
Buyers Assistant (1993-1995)
Accounts Receivable Associate (1990-1993)
Held responsibility for and purchased goods in numerous categories including: cookies, crackers, snack nuts, popcorn, bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, facial tissue, seasonal candy, everyday candy, cigarettes, tobacco, juice, canned and dried fruit, peanut butter, breakfast items, baking items, jams and jellies, dog food, dog treats, and other miscellaneous dry grocery. Held P&L responsibility for up to $3,000,000,000. Managed and oversaw product sales, profit/revenue, inventory, and markdowns. Developed and implemented merchandise strategy, merchandise selection, and correct mix of merchandise for over 3,600 stores. Negotiated merchandise cost, trade fund, and vendor terms with supplier partners. Trained new merchandise assistants, order specialists, replenishment managers, and buyers on merchandising processes and company culture.
• Created and implemented national business plan for private label merchandise to maximize sales and margin based on current market trends and market factors.
• Negotiated cost with major CPG suppliers and determined retail sale price of items.
• Developed and coordinated merchandise design strategy with category advisors and modular managers.
• Negotiated retail sales strategy with suppliers and presented to cross-functional team for buy-in and execution.
• Developed and delivered presentations for ongoing informational meetings to senior leaders and executives. From December 1990 to May 2009 (18 years 6 months)
Business Administration and Management, General @ University of Arkansas From 1993 to 1995 Cassondra Ewing is skilled in: P&L Management, Merchandising, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Grocery, Retail, Sales, Profit, Inventory Control, Assortment, Inventory Management, Store Management, Planograms, POS, Forecasting, Brand Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension