As a previous student at the Ivey School of Business, a member of community consulting project and the assistant director of CAISA Fashion Show, my interest lies in developing innovative business strategies for companies. My entrepreneurial spirit, shown from my development of Wanderlust Accessories, drives my eagerness to learn and ability to be responsive in times of
As a previous student at the Ivey School of Business, a member of community consulting project and the assistant director of CAISA Fashion Show, my interest lies in developing innovative business strategies for companies. My entrepreneurial spirit, shown from my development of Wanderlust Accessories, drives my eagerness to learn and ability to be responsive in times of uncertainty. These leadership experiences have allowed me to foster strong leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills. I am driven to pursue a career in which my high-level strategic thinking and ingenuity can create a lasting impact.
Associate Consultant @ From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Founder @ • Founded an accessories company; personally responsible for designing, producing, marketing and selling handmade jewelry pieces
• Created an effective social media presence and launched a marketing campaign strategically targeted towards customers living in Toronto and London; resulted in an increase of exposure on social media avenues
• Established a successful social media presence by launching a marketing initiative to raise money for a local charity; resulted in an increase of “Likes” on Facebook with 25% of the generated “Likes” translating into a minimum of $20 in profit, obtaining a 650% return on investment
• Built a strong presence at Western University by sponsoring various events and hosting giveaways; recognized for taking initiative within the community and was featured in an [email protected] article published on March 26th 2013 – “Ivey AEO has a head start in business” From July 2012 to Present (3 years 6 months) Toronto, Canada AreaBusiness Associate Intern @ • Performed extensive analysis on sales and call data to determine optimal sales force size and structure for two business units within a large pharmaceutical company; resulted in a reduced sales force size, streamlining the business to focus on highest value opportunities, and contributed to the Canadian expense reduction target of $10M
• Redesigned and implemented sales force structure through Canadian territory alignment, placement of sales representative and call planning; led to a more balanced workforce in terms of call workload and increased reach to current and future high-value targets From May 2014 to August 2014 (4 months) Assistant Director @ Marketing Director (2012 – 2013)
Marketing Manager (2011 – 2012)
• Managed the CAISA Fashion Show brand through aiding with graphics, photography, and web design; created a consistent brand image throughout all promotional avenues
• Communicated with large businesses such as Lexus of London, TD Canada Trust, and M.A.C. Cosmetics to formulate customized promotional plans to target students; resulted in exceeding the $25,000 sponsorship goal for Children’s Health Foundation, a 25% increase from the previous year
• Trained a team of seven marketing managers through a self-developed sponsorship training program; led managers to become more self-sufficient and confident in approach to securing sponsorships
• Demonstrated leadership ability through implementing Scrabble Jewelry initiative; led to advancement from marketing manager (2011) to marketing director (2012) From September 2011 to May 2014 (2 years 9 months) Student Consultant @ The Community Consulting Project selects 40 students and matches them with local non-profit organizations to undertake pro-bono consulting projects.
• Conducted analysis of SWOSN’s and competitors’ current awareness initiatives to determine how best to increase awareness of signs and symptoms of stroke; devised in-depth recommendations that exceeded client expectations and has been implemented beyond the proposed regions
• Developed an innovative approach to maximize poster reach by modeling the optimum number of distribution centres to place posters based on budget constraint and establishing a database of high-traffic centres by region; allowed organization to control costs and to increase exposure in communities by targeting select distribution centres From October 2013 to December 2013 (3 months) London, Canada AreaPayment Trades and Operations Summer Intern @ • Collaborated with a team to implement a new RBC product for over 200 business clients; gained familiarity with different programs that were beyond the required scope of the position, increasing the efficiency of product implementation to allow RBC to meet deadlines
• Initiated an intern training program for future summer students; resulted in a more efficient training system by reducing the training time per week by 25% From April 2013 to September 2013 (6 months) Vice President of Marketing and Sales @ • Nominated for Junior Achievements Vice President of Marketing and Sales Award
• Thought of creative and new ideas for products to sell including our top-sellers, circle scarves
• Conducted presentation of sales and performance analysis weekly.
• Comprehensive sales records and inventory records were kept for each person and each product.
• Generated a well-formulated marketing plan for product, price and promotional strategies. From 2010 to 2011 (1 year) President @ • Founded UNICEF Council at Earl Haig Secondary School
• Organized Scrabble Jewelry sale, raising over $1,000 in 5 days
• Responsible for overlooking the positions of other executives and managing 20 general members From 2010 to 2011 (1 year) Sales Associate @ • Interacted with customers in a professional manner and quickly presented solutions to address customer concerns; delivered top quality customer service
• Collaborated with managers by contributing ideas on marketing efforts; resulted in a well developed promotional campaign From 2010 to 2010 (less than a year) Toronto, Canada AreaVice President of Marketing and Sales @ • Developed brand imaging including Facebook page, logo design as well as product catalogue.
• Thought of creative and new ideas for products to sell including our top-sellers, candy kabobs and buttons
• Conducted presentation of sales and performance analysis weekly.
• Comprehensive sales records and inventory records were kept for each person and each product
• Generated a well-formulated marketing plan for product, price and promotional strategies for Vantage From 2009 to 2010 (1 year)
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) @ Università Commerciale 'Luigi Bocconi' From 2015 to 2015 Candidate for Bachelor of Arts, Honors Business Administration (HBA), Business Administration and Management, General @ Ivey Business School at Western University From 2013 to 2015 Bachelor of Management and Organizational Studies @ Western University From 2011 to 2013 Earl Haig Secondary School From 2007 to 2011 Carolyn Chen is skilled in: Business Strategy, Leadership, Teamwork, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Time Management, Team Leadership, Marketing Strategy, Strategic Planning, Outstanding Communicator, Fashion Design, Social Media, Microsoft Office, Social Media Marketing, Photoshop
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension