Computer Science @
University of Maryland College Park
I am a forward thinker and backwards planner. I love to solve problems and work well by myself or in team environments. I have 17 years of experience with longhaul communications and encrypted telecommunications with the U.S. Army. I wanted to enhance my experience base and sought then ultimately received a degree in Computer Science from Bowie
I am a forward thinker and backwards planner. I love to solve problems and work well by myself or in team environments. I have 17 years of experience with longhaul communications and encrypted telecommunications with the U.S. Army. I wanted to enhance my experience base and sought then ultimately received a degree in Computer Science from Bowie State University. I am currently a Software Developer working on an enterprise level software system.
Software Developer @ • Uses the C++11 programming language to develop data application modules that perform dynamic data manipulation.
• Uses Ruby and RSPEC to perform component level testing of software.
• Modifies database queries to reflect changes in software codebase. Familiar with Hibernate to map Java classes/data types to database tables/data types.
• Revises user interfaces to reflect feature changes and additions.
• Presents ideas for system improvements, corner case correction including detailed specifications and implementation.
• Keeps software documentation updated to include additional functionalities and the clarifying of existing instructions.
• Isolates issues that arise during integration testing and traced them back to server and client side components.
• Alters existing source code to add additional functionality.
• Modifies database queries to reflect changes in software codebase.
• Presents ideas for system improvements and corner case correction including detailed specifications and implementation of the source code. From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) First Sergeant @ Serves as the First Sergeant for a 121 member Expeditionary Signal Company providing command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) for Battlefield Commanders, Combatant Commanders, and Joint Task Force/Joint Land Force Component Commands (JTF/JFLCC)
• Implements restoration priorities for microwave, satellite, and VOIP outages
• Manages and assists the performance of troubleshooting procedures to rectify deteriorations in the network
• Ensures preventive maintenance checks and services are performed on telecommunications systems, vehicles and associated networking equipment valued at over $30 million
• Enforces good order and discipline and military regulatory guidance From September 2009 to Present (6 years 4 months) Intern Analyst @ Accessed open source intelligence assets with proprietary tools in order to scrape and compile data into useful, presentable, information. From June 2011 to August 2011 (3 months) Sergeant First Class @ (2007 to 2008) Responsible for the health, welfare and training of 35 Soldiers and the communications support of over 650 circuits, trunks, and links.
302d Sig. Bn. Assistant COMSEC Custodian: (2006 to 2007) ensured the integrity for 19 hand receipt holders for extension facilities and tenant organizations. Processed, created, received, and issued over 5,000 COMSEC related materials and equipment.
302 Sig. Bn. Technical Control Team Chief: (2005 to 2006) Shift supervisor for 6 Soldiers and the direct support of contingency operations for the Alternate Joint Communications Center.
293rd Sig. Company: (2004 to 2005) Site Chief of a microwave communications facility with over 500 low to high bandwidth circuits, trunks, and links.
Pentagon Network Communications Center: (2003 to 2004) Provided communications support to President of the United States, the Secretary of Defense and multiple government agencies, including Defense Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, Alternate Joint Communications Center and Defense Information Systems Agency. From October 1997 to September 2009 (12 years)
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Computer Science @ Bowie State University From 2011 to 2013 Computer Science @ University of Maryland College Park From 2009 to 2011 Carlson Cox is skilled in: DoD Top Secret Clearance, Polygraph, Security Clearance, COMSEC, Java, C, C++, Python, Security+, Security, Defense, Microsoft Office, Information Assurance, Linux, Microsoft Excel
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension