Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) @
Coastal Carolina University
Candace is an effective program manager, leading teams in a variety of subject matters such as international banking, commercial construction, regulatory compliance, and government procurement. She has acted as an innovative leader within, or on behalf of, international corporations and governmental agencies such as Bank of America, Chicago Bridge & Iron, and the National Institute of Governmental
Candace is an effective program manager, leading teams in a variety of subject matters such as international banking, commercial construction, regulatory compliance, and government procurement. She has acted as an innovative leader within, or on behalf of, international corporations and governmental agencies such as Bank of America, Chicago Bridge & Iron, and the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing. Candace has experience delivering to diverse audiences both foreign and domestic, including speaking at international development forums, hosting foreign delegations from China and the United Kingdom, and delivering policy education and training to government officials in South Korea. Her understanding of both public and private sector business allow Candace to balance commercial drivers against the impact of regulated environments to deliver increased efficiency, reduced costs, and sustainable organizational change.
Policy/ Procedure Development - Experience researching and developing various policies and procedures to ensure consistency and compliance.
Procurement - Knowledge of complete procurement cycle, ABA Model Procurement Code, FAR, EU Procurement Regulations, and in depth knowledge of government purchasing policies and procedures for various states, municipalities, and special authorities.
Project Controls - Expertise facilitating all stakeholders to coordinate data reporting processes for projects as large as $1.7B. Experience designing the approach to identify risks, establish and verify controls, and sustain long term stability through the creation of key metrics and thresholds.
National & International Standards - Experience developing international procurement standards. Demonstrated ability to examine complex international standards, regulations, and procedures to discern best practices.
Vice President - Project Manager @ - Reduced risk across the Legal Compliance and Regulatory Technology space by onboarding all applications to a central security database to handle access entitlements and revocations.
- Responsible for employee readiness, communications, and support function process redesign to enable the adoption of new enterprise tools for incident, change, and problem management.
- Responsible for leading business requirements discussions and planning for new reporting processes and technology to support Reg W requirements. From May 2015 to Present (6 months) Vice President Business Strategy & Initiative Manager - Corporate Compliance @ - Assisted in developing the approach and pilot of a Compliance Quality Control Program for the Compliance function, resulting in the timely closure of audit issues and regulatory findings.
- Succeeded in facilitating stakeholders to resolve stalled contract negotiations, resulting in the ability to implement critical technologies that were used to prevent financial crimes in various lines of business.
- Lead the first QC review against the newly implemented compliance framework, resulting in the identification of opportunities for process improvements, control enhancements, and reduction of legal, regulatory, and financial risk. From August 2014 to April 2015 (9 months) Charlotte, NCVice President - Change Manager @ Reduced variance in forecast to less than 2% within 4 months.
Successfully resolved stalled negotiations that had previously delayed implementation of critical corporate security technology. This resulted in the successful on-boarding of a new vendor, reduction of legacy data loss risk, and the ability to meet legal and compliance requirements globally.
Worked with program and project sponsors as well as vendor management to define requirements, schedule, and define the resource strategy for complex programs.
Responsible for the tracking, reporting, and presentation of program and project statuses to senior executives and leadership teams.
Direct responsibility for mentoring and directing the work of an individual who was part of a trial intern program.
Actively worked with other areas of technology to review existing Master Contracts and establish suggestions for better IT Contracting. From January 2014 to August 2014 (8 months) charlotte, north carolina areaVice President - Program Manager Privacy Technology @ • Completed Certified Scrum Master (CSM) training and certification.
• Managed the Privacy Technology Program, inclusive of three projects and 3 Million in budget.
• Responsible for all forecasting for the Privacy Technology Program and Corporate Security Program, totaling 10 Million in budget, and over seventy resources (onshore, offshore, and contractors).
• Responsible for project and program risk assessment and reporting to the Project Management Office and executives.
• Responsible for disaster recovery planning for all applications in Privacy Technology.
• Worked with project team for successful implementation of Agile Project Management methodology.
• Developed and managed the WBS and coordinated resources and progress through all phases of development.
• Developed Statements of Work for third party service contracts and Requirements Documents for the replacement of two servers. From May 2013 to January 2014 (9 months) charlotte, north carolina areaProject Manager Assistant/ Reporting Coordinator @ - Reported to the Project Controls Manager and provided project reporting and coordination services for a mine expansion project totaling over 1.7 Billion dollars.
- Ensured that the project reports were consistently prepared against established project guidelines and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Worked to streamline KPIs and standardize reporting requirements for all subcontractors on the project.
- Responsible for establishing a program-wide data collection program that ensured consistency and familiarity in reporting for the entire project.
- Coordinated directly with Corporate Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning functions to obtain, validate, compile and publish project data in a meaningful and comprehensive format resulting in uniform reporting packages.
- Responsible for managing and resolving reporting related issues and deadlines.
- Provided constructive recommendations to management and project leadership on reporting format and content.
- Ensured project reporting requirements were met.
- Managed the review and refinement of period and monthly reporting packages.
- Responsible for reviewing project information and validating project data for consistency and accuracy.
- Developed and wrote standard reporting procedures for Project Controls resulting in streamlined management of contractors and increased efficiency. From January 2013 to May 2013 (5 months) Tucson, AZPrinciples & Practices Project Manager @ NIGP is the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing. Since 1944, developing, supporting and promoting public procurement practitioners through premier educational and research programs, technical services and advocacy initiatives.
With over 2,600 member agencies representing over 16,000 professionals across the United States, Canada and countries outside of North America, the Institute is international in its reach.
- Researched policies and procedures to develop global standards for the public procurement profession.
- Worked to review the procurement policies and procedures for over 20 public agencies, at the state and local level, in the United States.
- Received executive appointment to the NIGP Policy & Position Committee as Staff Liaison (July 2011) where I assisted in researching and developing the Institutes position statements as they related to complex legislation in the United States and Canada.
- Successfully grew the Standards of Practice Project to include over 100 stakeholder members around the world, and over 100 endorsing entities in the public and private sectors.
- Developed and managed all social media outreach for the project resulting in over 80,000 visits (and growing) to the website, from around the world, since July of 2010.
- Actively involved in research regarding the social, economic, and environmental impacts of public purchasing with the Public Procurement Research Center at Florida Atlantic University. From May 2010 to January 2013 (2 years 9 months) National Director of Policy (Appointed Volunteer) @ YGL is a professional organization of men and women employed by or for the government who are “young” in their service and/or “fresh” in their perspective. Our mission is to educate, inspire, and transform the current and future leaders of government. Our membership consists of over 1800 (and counting) young feds at almost 30% of the approximately 435 U.S. departments and agencies. Our organization is committed to serving as a coordinated voice for the current and future generations of young government leaders by providing a community of leadership through professional development activities, networking opportunities, social events, seminars, fellowships, and scholarships.
- Successfully organized an educational event for over 70 young government employees with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Chief Purchasing Officer. The event allowed young government employees the opportunity to network with, and glean best practices from various members of the SES.
- Reorganized YGL National Bylaws and incorporated existing policies to provide a more formal governance structure for the organization. From October 2010 to October 2012 (2 years 1 month) 2012 Group Study Exchange Member - South Korea @ The Rotary Foundation’s Group Study Exchange (GSE) program is a unique cultural and vocational exchange opportunity for business people and professionals between the ages of 25 and 40 who are in the early stages of their careers. The program provides travel grants for teams to exchange visits in paired areas of different countries. For four to six weeks, team members experience the host country's culture and institutions, observe how their vocations are practiced abroad, develop personal and professional relationships, and exchange ideas. From November 2011 to May 2012 (7 months) South KoreaVideographer/ Marketing @ Rapidly growing video production company located in the heart of the Grand Strand. Recent expansion has taken the company to Greenville and Charleston, SC as well as Charlotte, NC. Contract work for: weddings, concerts, corporate training, video web training, political campaigns, private events. From 2004 to May 2010 (6 years) Financial Advisor @ Merrill Lynch is one of the world's leading wealth management, capital markets and advisory companies, with offices in 40 countries and territories and total client assets of approximately $1.6 trillion. Fortune 500: No.30 From August 2008 to January 2009 (6 months) Legal Secretary @ Corporate law firm dealing primarily in formation of corporate entities, corporate aviation, corporate litigation, probate, and civil claims. From June 2007 to August 2008 (1 year 3 months) Independent Marketing Representative @ Independent contract promotional model. From January 2007 to August 2008 (1 year 8 months) Project Coordinator/ Research & Market Development @ From October 2005 to January 2006 (4 months)
Master of Arts (M.A.), Diplomacy - International Trade and Commerce @ Norwich University From 2009 to 2011 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Political Science - Emphasis in English and Political Philosophy @ Coastal Carolina University From 2003 to 2005 Environmental & Political Science; Political Philosophy and Geology @ Ashland University From 2002 to 2003 Candace PMP is skilled in: Excel, Outlook, Procurement, Government Contracts, Program Management, Program Development, Research, Cross-cultural Training, cross-cultural..., International Relations, International Management, Organizational..., Policy Writing, Procedure Review, Procedure Analysis, Procedure Creation, Policy Review, Policy Analysis, Public Speaking, Government Procurement, Policy, Diplomacy, Contract Management, Process Improvement, Government, Project Planning, Purchasing, Leadership, Management, Supervisory Skills, Project Management, Budgets, Change Management, Vendor Management