Talent Acquisition Manager @ taylor strategy partners
Bachelor of Arts @
Stony Brook University
It is uncommon these days to find someone with a diverse background as so many are focused on one particular area of expertise. However, I am one of those rare individuals who offer a broad and comprehensive variety of experiences with the unique ability to apply both simultaneously to uncover creative solutions and apply fresh initiatives. I
It is uncommon these days to find someone with a diverse background as so many are focused on one particular area of expertise. However, I am one of those rare individuals who offer a broad and comprehensive variety of experiences with the unique ability to apply both simultaneously to uncover creative solutions and apply fresh initiatives. I possess wide-ranging expertise in business operations that drive service and profitability at minimal costs.
My work experience has allowed me the opportunity to strengthen my management techniques and philosophy, as well as, my interpersonal skills. I know what makes a successful manager by engaging in all divisions. My understanding and exposure to the “full picture” of business operations will be an asset to mentor and coach your associates to continually exceed client and company expectations.
The value I bring is broad experience spanning all core business functions with a primary focus on operations and business development. My success is directly attributable to my ability to unify organizations, initiate action, and deliver results.
Northern California Alumni Chapter co-chair @ We are “A group of friends and Alumni of Stony Brook, based in Bay Area Northern California. Our goal is to connect with one another, other alumni, and with the University to promote professional and social interactions”. Our chapter members range from recent grads from the class to 2013 to established professionals. Did you know that the President of Stanford is an SBU Alumni? Please get involved and join our groups to stay updated on upcoming events!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/122834864415076/ From March 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Norther CaliforniaOperations Manager @ I am the Operations Manager for an executive search firm. From March 2015 to Present (8 months) Sausalito, CAQA Lead @ Monsoon, a software company that specializes in full-service strategy, design, and development for clients. Monsoon has designed web & mobile applications for clients such as the United Nations, HP, the NBA, SXSW, Wells Fargo, and the Academy Awards. Providing concepts, designs, and develops beautiful web & mobile applications for Fortune 500 companies and leading startups.
I lead the QA, I lead the marketing task force, I do the SEO optimization for our web site. From May 2014 to March 2015 (11 months) Oakland CACase Manager, Lucentis & BioOncology (Contract Position) @ Assess, plan, facilitate, coordinate, evaluate, and advocate for 20 cases each day with focus on ensuring cancer patients have cost-effective options and services to optimally meet their unique healthcare needs. Liaise between patients, distributors, external agencies, physicians, and internal sales force. Identify and ensure proper delivery and utilization of appropriate financial assistance resources. Currently assist other internal department on special project to eliminate backlog of cases. Utilizing Salesforce.
• Managed highest referral volume region comprised of national target accounts; involves 20 cases per day, 200 daily activities, and 10-14 referrals per week including investigations into benefits, coverage, and payers to ensure best resources are available with maximum compliance.
• Ensured +800 low- or no-income cancer patients received proper medication and care, while reducing paperwork costs for physicians’ offices, serving as intermediary between patients, physicians, insurance companies, payment assistant agencies, and Genentech.
• Helped patients unable to afford necessary cancer medication obtain proper treatment, referring patients to variety of agencies to assist with payments; reduced costs for participating physicians, organizing agency services to ensure no additional staff were needed in office.
• Enabled $0 cost medication for patients with no insurance or coverage, researching individual cases, and referring patients to Genentech Access to Care Foundation (GATCF).
• Mitigated apprehension for patients regarding new prescriptions and treatment due to uncertainty of insurance coverage, researching and explaining benefits to patients, and providing support and resolution of any billing issues.
Cross trained as a Reimbursement Specialist to call payers and obtain insurance information and criteria for patients. From October 2012 to March 2014 (1 year 6 months) South San FranciscoPlatoon Sergeant / Staff Sergeant @ Oversaw and led platoon comprised of +30 personnel.
• Maintained 100% readiness of platoon, teaching multiple medical classes for accreditation, and continually researching innovative new techniques.
• Mentored and prepared all 14 combat medics including maintaining all training records.
• Honed skills in cross-level teamwork, leadership, and medical services, successfully graduating from Advanced Leadership Course. From July 2009 to August 2013 (4 years 2 months) Operations Manager @ Strategized, organized, and led execution of all aspects of wide variety of major marketing projects; included events, digital media, brand strategy, social media, and ambassadors.
• Planned and coordinated seamless execution of variety of event marketing projects for diverse clients.
• Strengthened brand image for clients at major events and trade shows, selecting, training, and providing professional attire for contracted ambassadors to represent client companies.
• Identified and groomed optimal ambassadors for multiple clients such as high profile Univision, Wine Luxury, and Kixeye.
• Advised and provided hands-on assistance with high-impact social media campaigns for multiple clients. From January 2012 to September 2012 (9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaPresident @ I was the President of our Toastmasters Chapter called Hult Connect Toastmasters From August 2011 to August 2012 (1 year 1 month) 1355 Sansome StreetMBA @ I am a graduate of the MBA program From August 2011 to August 2012 (1 year 1 month) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Medic @ Led all aspects of medical section of unit including combat medical operations covering 180 soldiers during deployment. Provided medical support during battlefield operations and training missions. Managed +$150K in equipment. Trained, mentored, and directed team of 3 medics. Coordinated medical efforts among local Iraqis, unit commander, and diverse national command teams. Fostered collaborative development and implementation of innovative new ideas to aid counter-insurgency.
• Orchestrated successful execution of multiple missions providing crucial medical support to local villages including serving as convoy commander leading 35 soldiers multiple times.
• Prepared team of 3 medics with no prior combat experience for combat deployment, serving as Senior Medic sharing combat experience, and providing mentoring; 2 of 3 medics later achieved promotions.
• Ensured medical team was 100% fully equipped with supplies prior to deployment to Iraq, reviewing and eliminating critical inventory gaps, and coordinating with 3 different medical supply units and variety of civilian medical agencies to gather necessary supplies.
• Transformed 5 different underperforming and ineffective medical facilities in Fallujah into highly capable clinics, ordering necessary medical suppliers, partnering with medical logistics units to ensure proper flow of supplies, and driving community outreach.
• Maximized access to and visibility into health of 180 soldiers prior to, during, and following deployment to Iraq, designing and introducing clear set of processes and procedures to track, maintain, and record health of each solider including different set of processes for each scenario. From February 2008 to October 2009 (1 year 9 months) Floor Supervisor @ Acted as the supervisor for the all the food stands operated by Centerplate. Was responsible for ensuring that the stands were supplied with what they needed and the accountability for all accountable items before and after each game.; Was responsible for over 15 stands on the upper deck
*Had to perform accountability of all saleable items before and after the games and report them to the main office
*Ensured that all the stands were operating smoothly and fixed any mechanical issues or requested repair personnel for anything outside my skill level
*Attended to the needs of any customer service related issues that arose at any of the stands From 2003 to 2005 (2 years) Medic @ Was a member of a team of medics for the initial invasion of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Acted as a junior medic in a team of 6 medics whose responsibility was to treat all injuries and sicknesses of local nationals and coalition forces.
*Worked hand in hand with many members of the Iraqi Police force and Iraqi prison guards to treat local nationals and detainees
*Processed over 2,000 individuals into a medical database program for the local population.
*Worked with local Iraqi doctors to supplement their own operational with their goal of treating the local population and prisoners From April 2003 to May 2004 (1 year 2 months)
MBA, Business Administration and Management, General @ Hult International Business School From 2011 to 2012 Bachelor of Arts, History @ Stony Brook University From 2003 to 2010 Byung Sa is skilled in: Leadership, Training, Public Speaking, Team Leadership, Event Planning, Getting The Job Done, Networking, Social Media Marketing, Start-ups, Marketing, Team Building, Leadership Development, Business Development, Sales, Human Resources, Operations Management, Project Planning, Salesforce.com, Program Management, Time Management, Coaching, Military, Teamwork, Customer Service, Business Strategy, Gardening, Atlassian JIRA, magic, Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension