I'm a software craftsman and leader with over fourteen years of experience. I love forming development teams that are happy and productive. My experience is from design through deployment. My breadth of experience includes work on world class websites including CNN.com, NBA.com, and PGATour.com. My work includes front-end design, user experience design, as well as backend architecture
Ideals: Pair-programming, Test-driven development, Software Craftsmanship
Sample Project: https://github.com/buwilliams/kata-node
"Controlling complexity is the essence of computer programming." - Brian Kernighan
"The computing scientist’s main challenge is not to get confused by the complexities of his own making." - E. W. Dijkstra
Lead Software Developer @ 1. Authentica Solutions - Supporting two applications one in Rails and the other in Ruby/Sinatra.
2. Reliant Technology - Rails application From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Manager / Technical Lead / Architect @ 1. Creating the next IPAS product for school systems across the nation.
2. Building a development team with a happy culture.
3. Designing and overseeing the architecture for our products.
4. Improving development practices and culture.
Tech: Ruby, Postgres, Node, and AngularJS
Skills: Product & Project Management, Architecture, Customer Relations, and Technical Leadership. From May 2015 to September 2015 (5 months) Senior Software Developer @ 1. Core Offer Engine - worked on the backend system used to ship data around to various data stores, services, and endpoints for web applications.
2. Online Meetings - along with our business team I helped design, architect, and estimate this large project for Starwood Hotels. (This product's goal was to support a complex sales cycle with components such as meeting scheduling, customer interaction, contract negotiation, and the sales workflow.)
3. Data Segmentation - worked on all aspects of the product from business goals, design, customer feedback, architecture, database, coding, and maintenance. (Data Segmentation helps businesses understand their customer data in order to market effectively.)
2. Data-driven UI - worked on the concept, design, architecture, implementation, and maintenance. (A platform tool used to create UIs with ease.)
Tech: Node.js, AngularJS, MongoDB, Linux, HTML5, CSS3, Grunt, Bower From April 2014 to November 2014 (8 months) Senior Software Developer @ 1. Donation Management - wrote enhancements to their existing donation management product. (Web Application for customers to schedule donation pickups)
2. Evaluated Architecture for Improved Performance - researched leading performance techniques and wrote a paper and gave a presentation to our company with recommendations.
Tech: C# / .NET, Sql Server, Redis, MongoDB From September 2013 to April 2014 (8 months) Lead Software Developer @ - Rating System
- Policy Management
- Document Creation
- Integration Services
- SPA Apps
- Ruby From May 2010 to August 2010 (4 months) Software Developer @ - Member Services for CNN, Nascar, NBA, PGATOUR, AdultSwim, and PGA
- E-commerce prototyping
- Corporate Websites
- VB.NET, C#, Sql Server, HL7 From November 2002 to March 2006 (3 years 5 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension