A dedicated developer driven to solving the most challenging software engineering problems, I excel at producing the kinds of key components and solutions for the business that will create a lasting and critical long-term advantage for the company. A self-starter by nature, I love to apply my background in mathematics to the intense analytical and data processing
A dedicated developer driven to solving the most challenging software engineering problems, I excel at producing the kinds of key components and solutions for the business that will create a lasting and critical long-term advantage for the company. A self-starter by nature, I love to apply my background in mathematics to the intense analytical and data processing challenges that are prevalent in the big data space.
Software Engineer @ From November 2015 to Present (2 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSoftware Engineer @ • Built a high-scale REST API using Scala, Akka, and Spray, with a focus on performance and code reusability. Our platform utilizes idiomatic Scala patterns to process many millions of records of data daily into Cassandra tables keyed for high performance analysis and query.
• Promoted to engineering lead, where my responsibilities grew to include software architecture, design leadership, code review, daily sprint management and mentoring members of the team.
• Key inventing contributor to the Booshaka analytics system; a very high speed Storm-based streaming data processor that augments social media advertising by analyzing multiple data sources, segmenting them in custom ways, and building them into custom audiences on Facebook and Twitter
• An expert in efficient Cassandra schema utilization, I am responsible for managing and approving changes to our Cassandra NoSQL database deployment (including design, maintenance, and troubleshooting) with an emphasis on big data performance and scalability. Our current deployment utilizes 2 clusters with 21 individual nodes and processes between 6 and 10 thousand transactions per second per cluster.
• Designed and implemented a distributed big data processing service utilizing Apache Storm to retrieve millions of records of user activity in real time from external APIs including Facebook, Twitter, ExactTarget, MailChimp, and more From September 2013 to November 2015 (2 years 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSystems Integration Analyst @ Java Developer Analyst at C-IV SAWS Consortium
• Responsible for maintaining and updating the web application for California’s Statewide Automated Welfare System, used by county officials in 39 California counties
• Designed, coded, and tested client-requested enhancements to the application using Java
• Developed and implemented solutions for production phase application issues
• Maintained testing and production environments using SQL in an Oracle database
• Provided technical support for end users
Project Management Analyst at Stanford Hospital and Clinics
• Designed and built a long-term forecast of resource utilization for the 600+ person project
• Produced a monthly comparison of forecasted hours versus actual hours and analyzed variances
• Developed and ran a monthly roster validation process aimed at helping leads meet target staffing counts by team
• Implemented Microsoft Project Server for managing and organizing team workloads
• Drove escalated issues to closure and reported status of issues to client weekly From November 2011 to September 2013 (1 year 11 months) San Francisco Bay AreaAnalyst @ • Produced quarterly client performance reports which incorporate performance analysis,
balance sheets, and cash flow statements
• Tracked and analyzed performance data for client investments
• Assisted in managing client transactions including stock sales, wire transfers, charitable gifts, and investment funding
• Communicated with tax advisors and investment managers to assist in gathering tax data
• Effectively managed time while performing the previous responsibilities for six different client teams From June 2011 to November 2011 (6 months) San Francisco Bay AreaUndergraduate Researcher @ • Worked with a small team to conduct image processing and machine learning research in MATLAB
• Created an artificial neural network to identify the pattern of blood vessels in medical images
• Used a set of hand-labeled images to train our system to determine the best algorithm for recognizing blood vessels in new images
• Research paper, titled “Automated Vasculature Extraction from Placenta Images,” was selected to be presented at the SPIE Medical Imaging Conference in Orlando, Florida, in February, 2011 From June 2009 to August 2009 (3 months) Greater Los Angeles Area
BS, Applied Mathematics @ University of California, Los Angeles From 2007 to 2011 Saratoga High School Brittany Dutra is skilled in: SQL, Data Analysis, Java, Matlab, Project Management, Oracle, Databases, Microsoft Excel, JSP, Visio, Facebook API, Scala, Cassandra, Akka, Redis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension