Management Science and Information Systems Studies @
Trinity College, Dublin
I am an entrepreneurial computer scientist. As technology transforms major industries I bring a unique skill set of deep digital expertise, strong experience building and digitally marketing some of the worlds largest brands, UX design, vision, leadership and passion. Experienced in Chief Digital Officer, CTO, CIO, SVP of Digital, Ecommerce and Omnichannel roles, but also bring an
I am an entrepreneurial computer scientist. As technology transforms major industries I bring a unique skill set of deep digital expertise, strong experience building and digitally marketing some of the worlds largest brands, UX design, vision, leadership and passion. Experienced in Chief Digital Officer, CTO, CIO, SVP of Digital, Ecommerce and Omnichannel roles, but also bring an entrepreneur's experience in digital marketing and broader business.
I have successfully implemented customer-focused and results driven management at both multi-billion dollar organizations and at technology startups. As a senior technology executive I have driven a successful large scale digital transformation leading to over 50% top line digital growth at a Fortune 500 company in 18 months and as a entrepreneur I have led rapid company growth from inception at startups. In all positions, I bring an infectious passion to succeed, a deep technology expertise and strategic vision, a strong financial and business background, a track record of success in inspiring and growing high performing teams and a relentless focus on the customer.
Specialties: ecommerce, distributed large-scale software architecture, big data and data science, agile development and continuous delivery, digital marketing, PMOs, user experience design, omnichannel/customer experience/mobile first/continuous delivery focused digital strategies, organizational transformations, innovation, startups and emerging technologies.
Leadership & People Management: My approach to leadership and people management skills involves focusing on inspiring passion, on clearly defined SMART goals balanced with listening, mentoring, talent recognition and fostering. I have used this approach to great affect to successfully grow great engineering cultures and organizations.
Education: Masters degree in networks and distributed computing. Undergraduate in Management Science and Information Systems. Foundation Scholar. Gold medalist.
SVP, Customer Experience, Technology @ ● Responsible for strategy, roadmap and delivery of all omnichannel customer facing technologies
● Management of Project Management Office, User Experience, Architecture, Engineering, Testing,
Production Support, DevOps and Innovation teams
● Drove agile development/continuous delivery, big-data, mobile, A/B testing and omnichannel strategies
● Led the first critical incident-free Black Friday and Cyber Monday in 3 years on JCPenney.com, ranked third fastest website in the US over that period
● Helped improve customer Net Promoter Score by 26%
● Helped grow JCPenney.com revenue 55% in 18 months From October 2012 to May 2014 (1 year 8 months) Greater New York City AreaCEO @ CEO of full-service digital and creative agency, specializing in augmented reality and rapid application
development, with offices in New York and Dublin
● Responsible for all aspects of management including strategy, finance, sales, digital production human resources
● Created award-winning work for world-renowned brands such as McDonalds, Coca Cola, Xerox, Citigroup, Mazda, Kraft and Johnson & Johnson From February 2011 to October 2012 (1 year 9 months) Co-Founder @ From February 2011 to January 2012 (1 year) Software Team Lead @ From January 2008 to February 2011 (3 years 2 months) Software Lead Developer @ From January 2005 to December 2008 (4 years)
Master's Degree, Computer Science, 1st class honors @ Trinity College, Dublin From 2000 to 2001 Management Science and Information Systems Studies, Mathematics, Economics and Computer Science, 1st class honors @ Trinity College, Dublin From 1996 to 2000 Brian McSweeney is skilled in: Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Enterprise Software, Software Development, SaaS, Mobile Devices, E-commerce, Product Management, Mobile Applications, Cloud Computing, Integration, Business Analysis, Software Project Management, Java, Requirements Analysis