Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Creative Writing @
University of California, Riverside
I'm passionate about technology, writing, communication, and making an impact on a global scale. I have extensive experience with writing, teaching, social media, and technical troubleshooting. I've helped create training manuals, knowledge base articles, and high priority bug reports. I'm always proactively thinking of ways to improve current processes, as well as learning new skills in order
I'm passionate about technology, writing, communication, and making an impact on a global scale. I have extensive experience with writing, teaching, social media, and technical troubleshooting. I've helped create training manuals, knowledge base articles, and high priority bug reports. I'm always proactively thinking of ways to improve current processes, as well as learning new skills in order to make myself a strong candidate for future opportunities. I thrive in team environments--I particularly enjoy helping develop and grow my teammates to succeed in their own projects and endeavors.
Tier 3 Specialist @ • Handle technical escalations from global customer service network via IMs, phone calls, and emails.
• Respond and triage technical inquiries from partners' CS and NOC teams.
• Mentor GSTR/Tier 2 agents to develop technical escalation skills.
• Manage bug reporting and CS insights during outages.
• Drive trends from customer service network into product engineering groups to advocate for feature enhancements.
• Document, investigate, and drive resolution of complex technical issues.
• Work with engineering teams on upcoming website and server changes and proactively identify customer impact and communicate this impact to customer service network.
• Provide context and direction to Tier 2 and Knowledge & Learning teams to create and update articles for our internal and public knowledge bases.
• Communicate in both verbal and written forms with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders regarding complex issues in a manner effective for the specific audience being addressed.
• Make recommendations to drive improvements to tools, methods, and operations to support global network.
• Partner effectively with cross-functional teams. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Los GatosGlobal Support Technical Representative @ • Help support the Netflix CS global network by working closely with supervisors and team leads from multiple sites/BPOs in investigating and providing fixes for internal and external system issues.
• Multitask utilizing various internal tools to track multiple contacts ranging from employee calls to customer calls in order to gather meaningful data.
• Schedule and perform Watch Instantly callbacks in order to troubleshoot outstanding issues and help gather data for the creation of new internal tickets and customer-facing support articles.
• Create and help monitor proposals for new customer-facing Knowledge Base articles.
• Work with voice, chat, and social agents to report high profile content issues to the appropriate content teams.
• Partner with GSTRs and Tier 3 agents in order to quantify, qualify, and provide insights daily.
• Help provide customer-facing context to both billing and technical teams in the Los Gatos HQ.
• Continually drive to improve tools, methods, and operations to support global initiatives.
• Serve as a resource for general and technical questions in the Santa Clara site.
• Coach and assist in training new GSTRs. From August 2013 to June 2014 (11 months) Santa ClaraGlobal Support Representative @ • Take and track inbound customer contacts involving marketing, billing, and troubleshooting in North America (U.S and Canada), Latin America, the United Kingdom, and the Nordic Regions (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland).
• Multitask utilizing a variety of tools on a single call/chat/tweet to resolve customer concerns and issues.
• Serve as resource for other GSRs for general customer service questions through participation in team chat, and participating in team meetings.
• Provide additional floor support for new hires.
• Use innovation when working on center projects to better the customer experience.
• Share best practices through different mediums: Chat, Team Meetings, Forums.
• Collect and analyze data on possible trends and report findings to supervisors/Tier 3.
• Call-out fixes and feedback for external and internal support articles to Knowledge Base team.
• Service observe live calls and chat transcripts for quality assurance purposes. From September 2012 to September 2013 (1 year 1 month) Santa ClaraReader @ • Collect, read, and grade undergraduate papers.
• Answer student inquiries via email regarding grades, homework assignments, and midterms/finals.
• Hold office hours with students in order to address concerns or other matters.
• Assist professor in-class when necessary.
• Create/research extra credit opportunities. From September 2011 to June 2012 (10 months) Creative Writing DepartmentAdministrative Assistant @ • Assisted in projects such as The Tomas Rivera Conference (2009, 2010) and Writers Week (2010, 2011, 2012).
• Attended meetings, promoted events through email/mailed flyers, and answered all questions posed by students or staff.
• Helped around the office as an assistant for the Management Services Officer. From March 2009 to February 2011 (2 years) Creative Writing Department
Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.), Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts @ University of California, Riverside From 2010 to 2012 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Creative Writing @ University of California, Riverside From 2006 to 2010 Independence High SchoolIndependence High School Brian Marcelo is skilled in: Creative Writing, Customer Service, Social Media, Proofreading, Editing, Technical Support, Marketing, Troubleshooting, Quality Assurance, Copy Editing, Writing, Crisis Management, Facebook, Microsoft Office, Social Networking, Online Chat Support, Teaching, Communication, Mentoring, Higher Education, Teaching Writing, Twitter, Screenwriting, Team Leadership, Product Knowledge, Technical Writing, Microsoft Excel, Confluence, Web Content, Google Docs, JIRA, Billing, Fiction, Word, Literature, Critical Thinking, Teamwork, Microsoft Word, Invoicing, Training, Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension