Principal Software Engineer @ Lead the software development effort at Distelli through example. Raised the bar for new hires. Established patterns for effectively using JSX with our Java web servers. Established patterns for interacting with dynamodb in Java. Wrote and maintained client tooling for interacting with Distelli from Mac, Windows, and Linux. Wrote secure package system where
Principal Software Engineer @ Lead the software development effort at Distelli through example. Raised the bar for new hires. Established patterns for effectively using JSX with our Java web servers. Established patterns for interacting with dynamodb in Java. Wrote and maintained client tooling for interacting with Distelli from Mac, Windows, and Linux. Wrote secure package system where all data is encrypted at rest using keys that only exist on customer computers that allows Distelli to act as a conduit. From December 2015 to Present (1 month) Senior Software Engineer @ From December 2014 to November 2015 (1 year) Software Development Engineer @ Maintained the platform layer software (Gurupa) that renders the majority of web pages served by Amazon.com (as of 2014). In the process, I helped improve latency, efficiency, add new features, fix bugs, and coordinate deployments. Some notable achievements include:
* Writing a CSRF (Cross Site Request Forgery) token generation and validation library that is leveraged from Perl, Java, and Ruby.
* Writing an efficient streaming HTML tokenizer for removing scriptable content and prevent XSS (cross site scripting).
* Becoming a security certifier.
* Finding the best software engineers (involved in the trusted evaluator program, doing VC interviews with Ireland, etc). From October 2009 to November 2014 (5 years 2 months) Software Development Engineer @ Wrote much of the foundational build tools used by Amazon (internally called the Brazil Build System).
* Extended the "Brazil" build system to support bootstrapping arbitrary tools (internally called brazil-bootstrap).
* Augmented the build system to support arbitrary build systems (internally called brazil-build).
* Wrote integration points for the build system with ExtUtils::MakeMaker and Module::Build (internally called BrazilPerl).
* Wrote integration points for the build system with Ant (internally called BrazilAnt and later called HappyTrails 3).
* Created tools for assembling a build environment (internally called brazil-path).
* Created tools to migrate from Perforce to Git source code control systems.
* Created graph visualization tools for analyzing software dependencies.
* Created an MVC framework for Perl that could be invoked from CLI, CGI, or FCGI called "Amazon::ActionController" (pre-Catalyst).
* Maintained tools to make it easier to deploy and use the lighttpd webserver.
* Maintained perforce depot.
* Rewrote the "Compute" phase of our distributed build node system (internally called BaD Bob, later renamed to build.amazon.com). This was necessary for us to leverage two new services that came online (BrazilMetaDataService and BrazilTaskManager). From March 2006 to October 2009 (3 years 8 months) Software Development Engineer @ Maintain and develop applications related to Customer Service. Development is primarily accomplished through ASDL interfaces (Amazon extension to WSDL, a form of IDL), and C++/Java/Perl implementations and clients of these interfaces. These applications interact with Oracle (and occasionally MySQL) databases. The primary UI of these applications is web-based, secondary is command line based.
We also maintain "legacy" CORBA applications (using Bea's WLE product). From October 2002 to March 2006 (3 years 6 months) Independent Software Developer @ Continued development of WWU senior project; a language tutor application used by McGraw-Hill publishers. Developed using Trolltech's Qt cross-platform UI toolkit, used Microsoft Windows version of Qt and Visual Studio 6.0. From June 2002 to September 2002 (4 months) Web Developer @ NOTE: Start/End date is June-September of 2000 and 2001 (8 months total).
Two years of being an intern had me working on various projects that helped me develop my "Perl-Foo". From updating images/text on 100's of static webpages to developing Java applets used to select a date. From June 2000 to September 2001 (1 year 4 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension