Team Lead, Principal Systems Engineer / DevOps @ Zynga
Director, Technical Infrastructure (Network and Systems Architect) @ Think Trade, LLC
A confident, innovative, passionate, and accomplished technology director/manager with over 12 years of experience building teams, setting vision, and architecting solutions to achieve business goals. A track record of managing teams by aligning resources to business goals, identifying solutions to increase value add, and mentoring individuals to achieve maximum productivity. The ability to provide business leadership in
A confident, innovative, passionate, and accomplished technology director/manager with over 12 years of experience building teams, setting vision, and architecting solutions to achieve business goals. A track record of managing teams by aligning resources to business goals, identifying solutions to increase value add, and mentoring individuals to achieve maximum productivity. The ability to provide business leadership in small to large businesses as well as the technical skill and vision to act as an Architect.
Manager, Network Engineering @ From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Team Lead, Principal Systems Engineer / DevOps @ From April 2013 to July 2015 (2 years 4 months) Orange County, California AreaDirector, Technical Infrastructure (Network and Systems Architect) @ Reporting to the CEO/Managing Partner, brought onto Think Trade to give a focused expertise in low latency infrastructure and systems. Think Trade's network and systems are highly tuned for minimum latency. Responsible for developing lowest latency network and systems, monitoring latency and building tools to provide insight into application latency. Manage all data center operations in New Jersey and California.
• Stewarded application redesign that resulted in 80-90% reduction in application latency and 2-3x revenue increase.
• Managed data center migration to follow the NYSE move from New York to New Jersey.
• Negotiated new telecommunication contracts with low latency network providers in New Jersey. Reduced latency by up to 50% without increasing monthly recurring costs.
• Upgraded infrastructure from 1Gbps to 10Gbps low latency network reducing latency by 87%.
• Built tools in Python and Perl to capture and analyze network traffic to provide system latency monitoring.
• Built highly customized systems using Ubuntu and CentOS to provide lowest latency using custom kernels, network parameters, and low latency drivers. From July 2010 to April 2013 (2 years 10 months) Director of Operations @ Oversee all IT functions including vendor management, technical support, disaster recovery planning, and capacity monitoring and planning. Challenged to provide highly scalable infrastructure while keeping initial costs at a minimum and uptime at or above 99.99%. Collaborated with Development team to provide insight and support for current and future development plans.
BlueCava was a spin-off of Uniloc which included Uniloc's SaaS services. Authored and implemented a plan for a highly scalable environment on Amazon Web Services to meet the very aggressive expansion plans of BlueCava. Partnered with development team to engineer tools to test software for errors, performance degradations, and to provide performance statistics for capacity plans.
• Created scalable, load balanced, and highly available Apache/Tomcat environment for Uniloc's SaaS services.
• Created scalable, load balanced, and highly available IIS/SQL Server environment for BlueCava's SaaS services.
• Sega UK release of one of the highest selling PC games in UK. Millions of transactions within hours of the release.
• Upgraded MySQL DRBD/HA environment to a Master/Master replicated environment for scalability with no downtime.
• No security incidents even though the environment was targeted actively by hackers. From April 2008 to July 2010 (2 years 4 months) IT Manager @ FEDChex is a financial institution with large technical needs that is governed by industry standards such as PCI and NACHA. Hired as an Intern. became DBA within 6 months and IT Manager in just over a year. Brought the network, systems and procedures to compliance with industry standards. This process included planning and implementing technology to meet strict security standards for systems and procedures. Responsible for all aspects of Linux administration including installation, capacity planning, SLA management through load balancing and high availability, and maintenance.
• Moved in-house server room to Colocation.
• Upgraded primary DB including advising on proper query design which provided an exponential increase in performance.
• 99.99% uptime with a limited budget.
• Led a documentation project to document all critical business processes. From February 2004 to May 2008 (4 years 4 months)
Bachelors, Computer Network Management @ Westwood College From 2003 to 2006 Brian LeBlanc is skilled in: Perl, SaaS, Cloud Computing, Disaster Recovery, Data Center, MySQL, Linux, Python, Security, Project Management, Microsoft SQL Server, Networking, Start-ups, Shell Scripting, Linux System Administration
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension