I presently hold the position of Business Intelligence Manager for Rising Medical Solutions, a national medical-financial solutions firm that provides leading medical cost containment, care management and financial management services to the workers' compensation, auto, liability and group health markets. I lead a talented team with diverse computing architecture and engineering capabilities that build analytical products and
I presently hold the position of Business Intelligence Manager for Rising Medical Solutions, a national medical-financial solutions firm that provides leading medical cost containment, care management and financial management services to the workers' compensation, auto, liability and group health markets. I lead a talented team with diverse computing architecture and engineering capabilities that build analytical products and services.
I'm an innovative, resourceful problem solver with a passion for delivering data-driven products and services that seek deeper knowledge and understanding of just about everything. I strive to produce systems that empower people to interact with and interpret data, foster experimentation, accelerate discovery, elicit insight creation and provide for high-level strategic analysis.
With over 15 years in client-facing roles, I have a track record of delivering value with analytics in diverse and highly competitive industries. Personal successes have included renovation of multiple data warehouse environments, realignment of analytical culture and establishing self-service data management. Most recently I transformed a legacy data warehouse environment from an on-premise to a hybrid cloud computing solution.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud Architecture, Analysis Design, Data Acquisition & Collection, Data Preparation, Data Analytics, Data Mining, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Data Science, Predictive Modeling, Data Visualization, Enterprise Reporting, Amazon Redshift, SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, Tableau Server and Desktop
Business Intelligence Manager @ Oversee Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence systems that support company analytical products and services while also providing technical and data strategy for ongoing and future business initiatives.
* Responsible for managing the transformation of the entire Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence environment to Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing platform allowing for better provisioning of scalable computing resources while also aligning cost with utilization. The successes of this project lead to the establishment of an Enterprise Cloud Services department to develop cloud strategy roadmaps for other internal systems.
* Assembled team with diverse capabilities including infrastructure, engineering, and data analyst to achieve success for complete end-to-end analytical solutions.
* Self-sustainable system developed for efficient data ingestion from multiple on-premise databases as well as external data sources into cloud computing resources for further processing.
* Promoted heavy experimentation that lead to innovative ETL system processing and automated provisioning of elastic computing resources.
* ETL data pipelines developed leveraging multiple components and services depending on the demands of a given workload channel. These include SSIS, Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) and other various scripting programs for moving and transform data efficiently and fast.
* Designed and Implemented AWS Redshift as the data warehouse platform.
* Established self-managed data services model throughout the organization utilizing Tableau Enterprise to enable users to interact, analyze, and consume information from the data warehouse.
* Shifted BI team activities from an ongoing cycle of fulfilling report request to optimizing and aligning published data sets with enterprise usage patterns. From July 2011 to Present (4 years 6 months) Greater Chicago AreaBusiness Intelligence Developer @ From October 2007 to July 2011 (3 years 10 months) Senior Reporting and Analytics Engineer @ From March 2007 to September 2007 (7 months) Systems Analyst @ From December 2002 to March 2007 (4 years 4 months) Independent Consultant @ From September 1999 to November 2002 (3 years 3 months) Consultant @ From September 1997 to September 1999 (2 years 1 month) Consultant @ From June 1995 to August 1997 (2 years 3 months)
BS, Computer Science @ Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville From 1991 to 1995 Brian Johnson is skilled in: Data Warehousing, Microsoft SQL Server, Analytics, OLAP, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Team Management, Tableau, Data Visualization, Healthcare Analytics, Claims Management, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon RDS, Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Big Data Analytics, Databases
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension