Linux Systems Administrator II @ Rackspace, the #1 managed cloud company
Linux Systems Administrator I @ Rackspace, the #1 managed cloud company
I am a hard-working, reliable person and I am very keen to remain within the hosting industry based on the knowledge and skills I have gained in my current support role. I am a confident, vibrant and determined individual, with a strong interest in the Hosting industry. I have a clear and polite telephone manner, with comprehensive
I am a hard-working, reliable person and I am very keen to remain within the hosting industry based on the knowledge and skills I have gained in my current support role. I am a confident, vibrant and determined individual, with a strong interest in the Hosting industry. I have a clear and polite telephone manner, with comprehensive and professional communication skills.
In both formal and informal environments I am highly organised, ensuring that all work is completed to a high standard. In addition to this I have also been credited as a fast learner, allowing me the ability to adapt to both processes and procedures.
Linux Systems Administrator I @ • Act as a principle component of FANATICAL Support and live up to the Rackspace CORE values at all time.
• Configure, Administer and Troubleshoot complex Linux solutions built using dedicated hardware, virtualized environments and the Rackspace Cloud powered by OpenStack.
• Provide technical expertise to customers through various means on communications such as phone, tickets and online forums.
• Have an in depth understanding of the Rackspace product portfolio and educate customers on how best to utilize them within distributed web architectures.
• Use your knowledge to advise and guide Customers on how to enhance the performance & stability of hosted applications.
• Interface with escalation points throughout the business to solve complex customer issues and act as an escalation point for Junior Linux Systems Administrators.
• Contribute to and maintain internal knowledge bases and documentation such as wiki's and code documentation.
• Maintain a high degree of industry and competitor awareness.
• Continuous product analysis, Q&A and improvement suggestions.
• Take responsibility for adhering to company security policies and procedures. From September 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) HayesLinux Engineer L1 @ • Perform complex Linux systems administration tasks in a virtualized hosting environment
• Fulfill provisioning orders for new cloud servers and perform migrations on existing cloud
• Complete web site and database migrations successfully and without errors
• Resolve technical and logical support inquiries via phone, chat, and tickets
• Continually identify efficiencies for systems, processes and procedures
• Script automation tools to make work faster and more accurate
• Perform other various duties as assigned From August 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 2 months) Slough, United KingdomShared Support (1st and 2nd level) @ • Troubleshooting general Linux command line queries.
• Provide technical support over the telephone and via tickets.
• SSL installations on Linux Servers.
• Escalating queries to 3rd party companies.
• Amending file permissions via SSH upon customer request.
• General shared queries, Unix and Windows.
• Testing new products upon launch and raising any issues to product managers.
• DNS and domain management.
• Taking responsibility for personal development, alongside Company development plans
• Creating bash scripts to automate some processes and make my job easier.
• Created a website to help colleges in remote offices which has generated 8,500 hits in 5 months.
• Have been asked to travel to remote offices to train colleagues in shared hosting.
• Awarded Employee of the Year 2012 From October 2011 to August 2013 (1 year 11 months) Heathrow123-Reg Advisor (1st & 2nd Level) @ • Offered first level technical/billing support over the telephone.
• Offered second level support via email.
• Dealing with customer complaints and escalated issues.
• Took part in conference calls to share my ideas with senior members of the company.
• Point of contact for new staff in Leeds and Romania.
• Selected to join the CTF team (Culture Task Force) the aim of this team was to improve the working environment for the employees while also ensuring the business objectives were advertised internally. From December 2010 to September 2011 (10 months) HeathrowCustomer Relationship Advisor @ • Speaking to customers who wanted to cancel hosting packages & services
• offers & discounts for loyal & revenue increasing customers
• Helped supervise the team & support new team members
• Recorded monthly retention rate data in spreadsheets. From October 2010 to December 2010 (3 months) HeathrowCustomer Accounts Advisor @ • Taking payment, renewing accounts, refunding and crediting accounts.
• Validate new orders whilst checking for fraudulent signs.
• Helping customers navigate through their billing control panel. From June 2010 to October 2010 (5 months) Heathrow
The Douay Martyrs School From 2004 to 2010 Blake Moore is skilled in: Debugging, Electronics, Reliability, Testing, Linux, Customer Service, Customer Support, Web Hosting, DNS, WordPress, Bash, Troubleshooting, Domain Names, MySQL, CMS, Domain Registration, HTML, CRM, Technical Support, Unix, SSH, Shell Scripting, Linux Server, CentOS, Plesk, Ubuntu, cPanel, Cloud Computing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension