Lead Software Engineer @ I am the lead developer and manage a diverse, talented development team for the entire AgSync.com web infrastructure. Shortly after starting, I played a significant role in ensuring our website stayed alive and healthy during the "Cyber Monday" effect of the new growing season. In order to do this, we improved the site
Lead Software Engineer @ I am the lead developer and manage a diverse, talented development team for the entire AgSync.com web infrastructure. Shortly after starting, I played a significant role in ensuring our website stayed alive and healthy during the "Cyber Monday" effect of the new growing season. In order to do this, we improved the site and increased user access by tenfold. This ensured customer satisfaction as well as an increase in profits.
• Built a strong development team
• Started daily stand-ups, iteration kickoff meetings, and lunch and learns
• Broke up a monolithic website into a microservices architecture for high-availability, continuous deployment, load balancing and error handling; Includes front-end ASP.NET web servers, ASP.NET Web API servers, RabbitMQ message queue servers, Redis caching services, database servers with failover, client messaging services like SignalR
• Led move of entire web infrastructure to the cloud
• Reworked entire deployment process that took an average of 30 minutes down to a few minutes by automating the process with GitHub and TeamCity. This new process allows us to continuously deploy.
• Decreased database load significantly by refactoring a process that checked every 30 seconds for completed queue jobs and inform the user to posting a message to SignalR when job completes. Eliminated the " are you done yet?" effect
• Implemented OpenId Connect for true user authentication and authorization. Allows single sign on across all of our products
• Implemented an iOS app with C# that allows users to communicate with tractor equipment over Wi-Fi using the CoAP protocol From November 2012 to Present (3 years 2 months) Lead Software Engineer @ I was the lead developer for Mossberg's eCommerce Fulfillment division. I regularly met with clients, both new and existing, to determine needs, identify requirements, and come up with a game plan to meet goals, frequently ahead of schedule. I started weekly meetings with IT staff to discuss internal needs and problems. One of my first big tasks was creating a new eCommerce website for a large dental organization. I also assisted with upgrading our order and warehouse managements systems and moving them to a cloud based solution. I created and maintained eCommerce websites and email campaigns for a large, local University. From August 2011 to November 2012 (1 year 4 months) Software Engineer @ My primary focus was architecting and implementing the new search engine for our site betterworldbooks.com. I implemented the redesign and new architecture of our product pages. From February 2011 to August 2011 (7 months) Software Engineer @ I quickly became a key member of the development team. I re-architected the entire tire section of tirerack.com including search results and product pages. I re-architected the brakes and suspension product sections. I adopted and implemented Ajax into our site when it was still "bleeding edge." I implemented a new client facing promotions section and an admin section for internal employees to maintain promotions. I created and maintained vehicle manufacturer dealer eCommerce websites. From May 2006 to February 2011 (4 years 10 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension