Leading Businesses and People to Higher Performance
Being a versatile and forward-looking Manufacturing Executive with more than 20 years of experience building and leading organizations through transformation and growth for higher profitability. Excellent history of leading technical processes and efficiency improvements, resulting in revenue gains, cost reductions, and long-term growth. Influential and motivational leader adept at employee
Leading Businesses and People to Higher Performance
Being a versatile and forward-looking Manufacturing Executive with more than 20 years of experience building and leading organizations through transformation and growth for higher profitability. Excellent history of leading technical processes and efficiency improvements, resulting in revenue gains, cost reductions, and long-term growth. Influential and motivational leader adept at employee development, workforce planning, and overall operational policy creation. Keen financial sense in regards to budgeting needs, with proven ability to identify expense-saving and revenue generating opportunities. Using my extensive personal customer contacts such as, General Motors, Chrysler, Ford, John Deer, Samsung, Paccar, Bombardier, Saint Gobain, Brunswick Group, Guardian Automotive, Bosch Siemens, Whirlpool, Peter-Lacke Shanghai, Shanghai Tongling, Shanghai Hua Wei Cubic Printing, Ningbo Viscun Mould and Plastics, Home Depot, Lowe's Home Improvement, and many other notable companies throughout the world to gain business opportunities to further company performance.
Areas of Expertise
Complete and Full Profit and Loss Accountability – Complex Budgeting Targets – Financial Analysis – Cost Reduction & Elimination – International and Domestic Business Development – Voice of the Customer - Expense Control – Workflow Optimization – Plastic Extrusion – Thermoforming - IMD Injection Molding – Design and Gravure Printing – Sheet and Film Lamination- Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt)
Areas of Experience
Logistics (Fleet Management) – M&A – Joint Ventures - Recruiting – Lean Manufacturing (Green Belt) – Total Quality Management – PPAP – Staff Training & Development – Team Building & Motivation - Equipment Engineering and Design – EHS – 3PL – Implementing Complex KPI’s – Process Flow Improvements – Strategic Manufacturing Planning – Project Management
Plant Manager - Macon @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Plant Manager @ Plant Operations and full P&L responsibility. Led and implementation Lean Six Sigma. Writing SOP's for existing processes. Developed strong KMI's with actionable corrective action plans. From September 2013 to July 2015 (1 year 11 months) VP of Southtech Decorative Plastics @ TRANSITION VICE PRESIDENT OF FILM AND LAMINATIONS
Managed Full P&L and operations of newly formed branch of Southtech Decorative Lamination. Administered every aspect of facility. Consolidated multiple facilities into a single facility while overseeing global sales initiative. Negotiated with key suppliers in providing supplies and agreeing to favorable supply agreements. Audited costing models/KPI’s to insure highest margins were captured. Provided technical support and training for the newly created company for both our parent company and our sister companies.
• Managed a Full P&L Budget for the film and lamination division.
• Led total sales initiative for Global sales for this division.
• Led a Joint Venture team in China for six weeks in R&D, qualifying product and writing Quality standards for new business program.
• Managed 5 direct Executives and Managers and 17 indirect team members
• Recommended, identified, and led consolidation of several product lines from Southtech to a sister company division, eliminating the need for two separate extrusion sites and resulting in an estimated $2M savings annually.
• Led the team in new product development of several new design patterns, which were subsequently picked by a major automotive OEM for interior application in China.
• Led Transition Team for New Company formed by the sale of Southtech Plastics Inc. From July 2011 to January 2013 (1 year 7 months) President/General Manager @ PRESIDENT/CEO/General Manager (2005-2011)
Directed and led the organization as President and CEO. Administered Full P&L accountability for each division within Southtech Plastics, while managing all aspects of three manufacturing divisions: Sheet Lamination, Plastics Extrusion, and Gravure Printing operations. Provided direction and resources to lead Southtech to be the leading manufacturer of extruded and decorative laminated sheets. Oversaw internal training for Sales, Manufacturing and Quality Operations. Implemented major cost cutting effort to reduce expenses from 2008-2009 downturn, revising struggling operations affected by recession. Orchestrated a plan to aggressively market the company to prospective buyers, leading to purchase by PE firm at 10+x EBITDA.
• Grew company from $8M in annual sales in 2005 to $17M in annual sales by 2011.
• Managed a $9M operating budget, while increasing our EBITDA by 10+ x’s by 2011.
• Led critical technical team in the development of a first of its kind applications for our customers, co-developed paint film use for GM and Chrysler, at the same time co-developed the quality standards for GM, Chrysler and the heavy truck market, leading to contract purchase for Chevrolet HHR and Chrysler Mini-Van.
• Leading teams in Technical innovation in Extrusion, IMD Injection Molding, Thermoforming, Lamination, and Gravure Printing.
• Managed 15 direct Executive and Managers that led a staff of 120 team members in professional and personal growth.
• Decreasing Cost and Increasing Efficiencies by focusing on waste and optimizing personnel effectively
• Worked in China from 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 partnering with a tier two paint supplier to provide in-mold decorating for the injection molding process for new GM Lacrosse, currently in production in China.
• Streamlining large companies and product lines to enhance company’s profitability.
• Initiated and Led Management buyout from previous ownership in 2005. From June 2005 to July 2011 (6 years 2 months) VP Of Sales & Marketing @ VP OF SALES/MARKETING (2001-2005)
Supervised multiple departments in company, including Sales, Technical Sales, and Customer Service. Identified new target markets and revamped Sales model. Led growth of sales staff along with all aspects of R&D for Company. Negotiated deal for creation of new facility for employees, ensuring that new facility was not paid for by company either. Promoted to President after Company buyout.
• Grew sales staff from 5 to 12 employees by focusing on Outside/Inside account management, customer service, and technical support.
• Lived in Costa Rica for six months setting up a sales and distribution office for the Latin America Market.
• Recognized new target markets and overhauled sales model following a $1.5 million capital expenditure that increased production capacity by 150%, resulting in an increase of annual sales of $4 million in 2001 to $8 million in 2005.
• Installed and set-up a Joint Venture manufacturing facility in Bremen, Germany. Plant Layout, Warehousing, and equipment installation.
• Led company to ISO-9001 in 2003 using Lean Manufacturing and 5S methods. From January 2001 to June 2005 (4 years 6 months) Operations Manager of Sheet Extrusion @ Managed eight rotating shifts for two plastic extrusion lines. Oversaw 15M pound plastic lines. Accountable for budgeting, personnel time and shift hours. Negotiated with suppliers for resins, and oversaw numerous equipment installations. Supervised quality control and analysis of extruded products. Using my experience in producing ABS, TPO, TPE, Acrylic, PC/ABS, and Polystyrene From June 1997 to January 2001 (3 years 8 months) Lamination Manager @ Managed eight rotating shifts for 10 plastic sheet lamination lines. Accountable for budgeting, personnel time and shift hours. Negotiated with suppliers for raw material components, and oversaw numerous equipment installations. Supervised quality control and analysis of lamination products. From April 1991 to June 1997 (6 years 3 months) Signal Man @ Served aboard the USS Portland and USS Iwo Jima. Graduated Basic Training in October 1989 and Graduated A School as Signal Man in January 1990. Served in Mediterranean and Baltic Seas, served four years afterwards as inactive reservist. From August 1989 to April 1991 (1 year 9 months)
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Business Administration, Management and Operations, Cum Laude Distinction @ Almeda University Bill Cohn is skilled in: Plastics, Extrusion, Product Development, Injection Molding, Continuous Improvement, Thermoforming, New Business Development, Manufacturing Operations Management, Product Design, Automotive, Molding, Operations Management, Account Management, Business Strategy, Thermoplastics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension