A user experience designer and strategist with over ten years experience creating web and mobile sites and applications. My focus is not only on what and how, but why. With an extensive background in design, project management and marketing, I take a holistic and empathetic approach to every project, looking for where the user needs match the
A user experience designer and strategist with over ten years experience creating web and mobile sites and applications. My focus is not only on what and how, but why. With an extensive background in design, project management and marketing, I take a holistic and empathetic approach to every project, looking for where the user needs match the business goals and developing interactions that satisfy both.
I approach each project with a fresh slate, determining what to create and how to build it on a case by case basis. Design starts by knowing your user and how he or she will interact with the product. This information is translated into the final product.
While I prefer to create rich interactive prototypes using Axure, my toolbox includes:
Axure, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Flash, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
• User Interface
• Project and team management
• Functional specification and requirements documentation
• User Journeys
UX Consultant and Trainer @ Creating meaningful and engaging interactive experiences using UX methods including qualitative and quantitative research, competitive analysis, persona development, user journeys, conceptual design, prototyping in Axure, wireframe and specification design, and usability testing.
Also, training and consulting enterprise companies and design teams in using Axure, and designing and developing custom Axure widget libraries. From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaUser Experience Designer / Sr. Interaction Designer @ Consulted Wells Fargo Wholesale Banking team to establish a rich framework of components for interaction designers to use in multiple products.
Established a proof of concept for reusability of elements and maintaining style rules which led to the adoption of Axure RP as a preferred tool for prototyping. Headed the development of fully adaptive (responsive) widget libraries and page templates for designers. Trained team in Axure RP and Created training materials for complex widgets. From October 2013 to May 2015 (1 year 8 months) Senior UX Designer @ Freelanced with Sapient Nitro for two projects.
• UX design for web and mobile devices, including wireframes, annotations, site maps, user flows
• Clients include: Target, and DriveCam From June 2013 to October 2013 (5 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaUser Experience Lead @ Joined Guidance to lead the user experience efforts for large scale web and mobile projects. Promoting design based on user research.
Coordinate with project managers, designers and developers to ensure deliverables meet the user needs and are in alignment with client objectives.
Creating clean user flows and site maps and developing wireframes and prototypes in Axure.
Negotiate with management and HR to hire and bring in additional UX team members based on project loads.
Estimating project scope and timelines for sales estimates, and participating in sales pitches.
Specializing in ecommerce and responsive design. From August 2012 to June 2013 (11 months) Set Dresser @ From 2011 to 2011 (less than a year) User Experience Designer @ From 2010 to 2011 (1 year) Set Dresser, Model Maker Art Department @ Created props and sets in a variety of materials and scales for the stop frame animation production of "The Flying Machine".
• Worked with international crew of producers, animators, directors and art department
• Researched styles, specifications and materials to create props out of plastic, wood, metal, polystyrene, plaster and fabric for multiple scale sets and props.
• Built, finished and dressed sets using a variety of materials including plaster, latex and acrylic paints, oil paints, paper, foam, plastic and cloth.
• Coordinated orders for tools and materials. From January 2010 to June 2010 (6 months) Web Marketing Coordinator @ Managed complex process of translating product, site, and sales needs for multiple business units into all customer facing web pages. Coordinated with team of producers, designers, marketing managers and product managers to create worldwide updates throughout the Adobe site.
• Initiated decision-making discussions between business and operations teams that lead to creating of functional specifications.
• Managed merchandising site updates for all Adobe product launches and ad campaigns including Acrobat 9 and Creative Suite 4 in 29 languages and 44 countries.
• Worked closely with design agencies and internal design teams to update site merchandising ads.
• Took opportunity to use Omniture’s Test and Target personalization service when senior management approved it as a proof of concept, but under constraints of starting within two weeks without additional design budget or impact to the web team.
• Created 75 new ad designs for Test and Target rotation.
• Tool was deemed successful and is still in use. From September 2007 to February 2009 (1 year 6 months) Freelance Web Designer @ Joined Red Envelope’s creative team to assist in site redesign and deployment.
• Collaborated with teams of marketing, and engineering to develop new site navigation and layout and style.
• Finalized menu design and navigation layout.
• Defined and implemented projects to improve user experience. Wrote use cases and functional specifications.
• Prioritized, scheduled, and oversaw execution of new functionality.
• Created wire frames and site flow diagrams for both web and mobile community platforms.
• Led research investigations, to create cost/benefit decision-making guidelines for senior management resulting in decision to localize gaming platform in 39 countries.
• Overcame challenges of working with no localization budget for second phase of project by contacting employees across worldwide Nokia organizations for assistance in translations, and to review and approve of localized content within new gaming platforms.
• Defined new user roles and workflow in Day content management system. Saving company the expense of hiring an outside agency to implement.
• Trained remote vendors to use Day CMS for localization.
• Modified web and mobile pages, and images for region and language specific content.
• Managed web deployment for content, and code releases. From September 2005 to December 2006 (1 year 4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaWeb Designer/Production Coordinator @ Coordinated with business teams, outside vendors, design agencies merchandise teams and web administrators to ensure timely updates of web site.
• Created and optimized images for company’s online catalogue.
• Designed newsletters, homepages and interest pages using Photoshop, and Flash.
• Established procedures for change requests and ongoing maintenance.
• Wrote style guides for site to be used in updates and QA testing. From October 2004 to September 2005 (1 year) Onsite Designer @ Managed and refreshed high-end furniture company's website in London, while studying design in the UK. Worked onsite on weekends and during university term breaks.
· Updated online catalog content and images.
· Created and optimized images for the website using Illustrator, and Photoshop. From March 2004 to August 2004 (6 months) Web Producer/Information Architect @ Collaborated with business teams, designers, and developers to update services and website for business to business web platform.
• Assisted in usability testing, created wire frames and site maps.
• Led internal redesign of company site. From April 2000 to October 2000 (7 months) Project Manager @ Collaborated with clients and team leaders to successfully deliver projects on time and within budget.
• Managed projects with teams of 25 to 30 people with approximately $2 million budgets.
• Ensured that deadlines were met and resources were properly allocated.
• Created and tracked budgets, projections and schedules.
• Coordinated inter-department communication. Communicated estimates, schedules and status to clients and team leads. From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) Program Manager @ Managed the development, production, and ongoing operations of client email marketing programs, defined internal and external process for targeted emails.
• Targeted and scheduled outgoing email campaigns.
• Developed process for clients to handle a incoming customer email. Trained clients to use marketing program management tools.
• Hired and managed team of 5 program managers, screened and interviewed applicants, trained new employees, and ran weekly team meetings. From September 1998 to September 1999 (1 year 1 month)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension