Project Lead - Associate - DoD Biometrics @ Booz Allen Hamilton
MA, International Commerce and Diplomacy @
University of Kentucky
Business Development, Management, and Consulting Executive with 15 years of professional experience - 11 years focused on U.S. national security markets across the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of State (DoS), Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and Department of Justice (DoJ) in 20 countries. Possess detailed knowledge of identity technology market trends, specifically multi-factor
Business Development, Management, and Consulting Executive with 15 years of professional experience - 11 years focused on U.S. national security markets across the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of State (DoS), Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and Department of Justice (DoJ) in 20 countries. Possess detailed knowledge of identity technology market trends, specifically multi-factor authentication, secure credentials, biometrics, forensics, identity management, biometric and forensic enabled intelligence, and identity intelligence programs. Served on multiple business capture teams and developed technical content for over $1 billion in DoD and IC biometrics related proposals, several of which resulted in awarded contract vehicles and task orders. Recognized ability to win new business, build strategic partner relationships, coordinate stakeholders, manage teams, build consensus on contentious issues, deliver superior client service, and explain complex concepts in international and interagency forums. Hold an M.A. in International Commerce and an M.A. in French. Held Top Secret and NATO security clearances.
Specialties: Strategic management, program project management, intelligence, identity management, forensics, biometrics, biometric standardization, DoD EBTS, sample quality, privacy, cultural implications, interfaces, NATO, identity management, DoD biometrics strategy, US government biometric strategy, biometric systems interoperability, biometrics policy, international relations, international commerce, diplomacy, national security, economic & political analysis, mentoring, university level teaching, French
Senior Director, Federal Business, National Security Accounts @ • Manage a team of 7 employees and develop new business for identity technology solutions and professional services worth $20 million in annual revenue with strong margins, respectively. Clients include DHS, FBI, U.S. Army, Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), U.S. Navy, National Security Agency (NSA), National Counter Terrorism Center (NCTC), and Special Operations Command (SOCOM). Manage and create client and business partner relationships while maintaining a $25 million dollar pipeline using Microsoft Customer Management Relationship tools. Multiple wins including a $14 million, 4 year Army contract.
• Lead strategic and tactical business capture efforts for new and existing accounts. Establish and negotiate work share in teaming agreements, engage clients and partners with technology demonstrations and technical requirements discussions, pursue business in new markets, prepare proposals, and work with our Program Management Office, Product Managers, and Engineers to ensure on-time, on-budget, within scope execution of all projects and programs. Negotiated and won $10.5 million, 5 year classified contract within the IC.
• Served as a Product Line Director and managed development of an Identity Authentication product portfolio. Products included the Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS®) Platform, Facial Examiner, Latent and Ten Print Work Stations, and a new cloud based identification platform named Identix®. Oversaw the successful September 2015 product launch of the Identix® Platform.
• Direct strategic partnerships to integrate and sell Voice and DNA products and services provided by strategic partners Agnitio and IntegenX, respectively. Manage strategic relationships, forecast sales in the DoD and Department of Homeland Security markets, and coordinate on these relationships with our parent company, Safran Morpho in Paris, France. Closed $1 million in hardware, software, and services contracts via these strategic partnerships. From March 2012 to Present (3 years 10 months) Program Manager @ • Managed 11 intelligence and security professionals in a portfolio of 4 related contracts worth $2.5 million within the Intelligence and Security Group of Six3 Systems. Clients included the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (OUSD(I)), Office of Naval Intelligence, Executive Office of the President, and Department of Treasury.
• Served as a principal consultant on biometrics technology in the OUSD(I), on issues related to biometrics, forensics, and identity intelligence (I2).
• Developed technology recommendations, white papers, memorandums, strategic direction, and talking points for the USD(I) and senior executive DoD officials on biometrics, biometric and forensic enabled intelligence (BEI and FEI), and I2 capabilities.
• Formulated and defended U.S. positions on North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) technology policies and capabilities on biometrics enabled operations, BEI, and FEI in support of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) and broader NATO mission sets. Served as the intelligence lead on the Technical Team developing Study 4715 "NATO Biometrics Data, Interchange, Watch Listing, and Reporting Standard."
• Served as an advisor on the OUSD(I) study to develop a Defense Intelligence Biometrics Collection Strategy for 2011-2016.
• Led development of the DoD Manual 3300.BB-M for Defense Biometrics, Forensics, BEI, and FEI Security Classification Guidance.
• Facilitated the I2 Working Group on behalf of the Senior Executive for Biometrics, Forensics, and I2.
• Coordinated, gathered, and refined BEI, FEI, and I2 capability requirements from across the DoD Intelligence Community and in collaboration with other government agencies. From February 2010 to March 2012 (2 years 2 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaProject Lead - Associate - DoD Biometrics @ • Managed 5 biometrics experts on a $2 million annual contract in support of the DoD Executive Agent for Biometrics in the U.S. Army Biometrics Task Force (BTF). Mentored team members, conducted annual assessments, and ensured submission of deliverables. Received BAH Team Appreciation Award for leadership in July 2009 and November 2007.
• Served as a member of the capture team of the $497 million DoD BOSS-U proposal that resulted in an awarded contract vehicle and one task order win.
• Led BTF effort to initiate the first NATO Standardization Agreement (STANAG) for Biometrics. Formulated and defended U.S. requirements and positions in Ottawa, Canada and Oradea, Romania.
• Managed the development of standards content for key DoD strategy, policy, and operational documents including the first DoD Biometrics CONOPS, DoD Directive on Biometrics 8521.01E, DoD Instruction on Biometrics, DoD Biometrics Strategy for FY09 to FY15, and the Strategic Implementation Plan. Supported DoD Director for Biometrics in the development of the interagency Action Plan for HSPD 24/NSPD 59 on Biometrics.
• Led DoD standards effort in the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC), Subcommittee on Biometrics and Identity Management and managed and chaired the interagency DoD Biometric Standards Working Group (BSWG).
• Advocated for DoD requirements and interests and developed national biometric standards within the InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS), Technical Committee on Biometrics (M1).
• Served as an Expert on the 2009-2010 U.S. Delegation to the International Standards Body on Biometrics (ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37) in Moscow, Russia and Singapore. Defended U.S. positions and developed international biometric standards.
• Managed revision of DoD EBTS, version 2.0. Oversaw 2 year development timeline with clear milestones, edited and implemented supporting policy to document equipment specific implementations of the standard. From March 2006 to February 2010 (4 years) Washington D.C. Metro AreaInternational Task Manager and IT Trainer @ • Managed 8 international IT and biometric systems deployment, integration, and training projects for the Department of State in Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Guinea, Mexico, Morocco, Pakistan, and Yemen. All projects completed on schedule and resulted in excellent client performance reviews.
• Directed teams of 3 employees, delegated tasks, and conducted performance reviews. Boosted employee effectiveness and proactively satisfied client needs in fast-paced environment. Chaired introductory and exit summary meetings with diplomats and foreign service nationals.
• Wrote and edited detailed summary trip reports of 30 pages in length under tight deadlines. Maintained strong client relations. Increased system efficiency by decreasing data processing time. Created customized training schedules, conducted training sessions, interviewed DoS personnel, assessed technical competency, and provided analytical feedback from projects in Mexico, Pakistan, Singapore, and Turkey. From May 2004 to March 2006 (1 year 11 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaInstructor of World Politics and French Language @ • Won the Deauville Twin Cities Study Abroad Scholarship for academic excellence, enhanced language skills while studying French at the University of Caen, and taught English to native French speakers in Caen, Normandy, France, January-July 2001.
• Instructed one international relations course and four French language courses of up to 50 students.
• Composed syllabi, lesson plans, chose texts, managed class activities, authored exams, gave lectures, and led discussions. Increased student comprehension of complex international political and economic theory and French vocabulary and grammar. From August 2000 to December 2003 (3 years 5 months) Lexington, Kentucky AreaIntern @ •Researched and wrote 3 extensive international market reports, 2 of which were published to U.S. export.gov database. These reports contributed to an increase in U.S. commercial activity within the E.U. Report titles are listed below:
• "E.U. Rules Concerning Distribution Agreements" (Published August 20, 2003)
• "E.U. Emissions Trading Scheme" (Published August 5, 2003)
• "Towards a Single E.U. Defense Market" (4th Draft August 5, 2003).
Hosted the Showcase Europe website (http://www.buyusa.gov/europe). Streamlined user interface, improved functionality and rendered site more user-friendly. From May 2003 to August 2003 (4 months) Brussels Area, BelgiumEnglish Teaching Assistant @ • Taught middle and high school English language classes to native French speakers.
• Composed lesson plans, managed class activities, and evaluated tests and homework of up to 30 students. From January 2001 to June 2001 (6 months) Caen Area, FranceTechnical Support Representative @ • Provided software and hardware technical assistance to customers of Lexmark’s full line of color ink-jet series printers. From May 1999 to January 2001 (1 year 9 months) Lexington, Kentucky AreaSales Representative @ • Responsible for approximately $20,000 in monthly computer, peripheral, and service sales.
• Consulted with repeat clients on technical requirments for business and home computing needs. From May 1998 to October 1999 (1 year 6 months) Lexington, Kentucky Area
Executive Management Certificate, Leading Teams for Growth and Change @ University of Virginia - Darden Graduate School of Business Administration From 2011 to 2011 MA, International Commerce and Diplomacy @ University of Kentucky From 2002 to 2004 MA, French Language and Literature @ University of Kentucky From 2000 to 2002 Certificate, French Language and Literature @ Université de Caen Basse Normandie From 2001 to 2001 BA, International Economics and French @ University of Kentucky From 1995 to 2000 Benji Hutchinson is skilled in: Program Management, Intelligence, Security, DoD, Biometrics, National Security, Security Clearance, Defense, International Relations, Proposal Writing, Project Management, Integration, Business Strategy, Military Operations, Intelligence Community