Enterprise Information Management Consultant @ Pfizer
Fortune 500 Technology and Management Professional who combines hands-on technical, strategy, design, and business acumen with over 20 years of experience delivering software and business architecture solutions. The last seven years have been focused on SharePoint, User Experience, Business Intelligence, and peripheral solution areas. Range of activities includes management, business architecture and strategy, software design and UX,
Fortune 500 Technology and Management Professional who combines hands-on technical, strategy, design, and business acumen with over 20 years of experience delivering software and business architecture solutions. The last seven years have been focused on SharePoint, User Experience, Business Intelligence, and peripheral solution areas. Range of activities includes management, business architecture and strategy, software design and UX, software development, software architecture, SharePoint Administration, Project Management, Systems Analysis, IT planning, and management/mentoring of technical teams.
Broad client experiences, primarily in the Management Consulting, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Telecom, and Insurance Industries, bring a flexible approach to solution delivery based on strong writing and communication skills including presenting and authoring content for Microsoft Collaboration and Cloud Technologies.
• Total budgetary responsibility of over $1.2 million at various levels within organizations.
• Experience leading Technology Platforms through mergers and acquisitions and rapid growth.
• Experienced in maximizing ROI and implementation of IT on various technology projects.
• Experienced in re-engineering operations for performance improvements and cost reduction.
• Experienced at managing risk vs. value for technology investments, including making recommendations to C-level leaders to guide technology investment decisions
Managing Partner, Founder @ Technology and Process consulting firm focused on Enterprise Information Management, Business Intelligence, SharePoint, and CRM From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Consulting IT Advisory and Solutions Architect @ • Driving enterprise content and collaboration initiatives across the healthcare, insurance and finance markets. Focused on strategic IT advisory, project delivery and program management in ECM, business collaboration, business intelligence, social, mobile, and cloud engagements with focus on the Microsoft stack.
• Lead global team of SharePoint and Saleforce.com subject matter experts in platform assessments, business architecture, and creation of executive decision matrixes for customization road maps and efforts at First Data Corporation. Engagement includes recommendations on governance, architecture, policies and procedures, and Total Cost of Ownership models for various platforms.
• SOW Preparation, and Sales Support
• Team building through recruitment and development/mentoring of existing talent
• Hands on leadership for Team of SharePoint, Web, and QA Resources through discovery, design, and implementation of a SharePoint 2010 Upgrade and migration.
• Planning, Architecting, and Evangelizing SharePoint Features across versions to Reading Health Stakeholders and leadership.
• Creating the roadmap and strategy for SharePoint adoption and exploitation throughout the enterprise including planning for SharePoint 2013.
• Development of SharePoint Solutions including webparts, HTML/CSS, solution packages.
• Creating artifacts and key deliverables including Solution Design Document, Support Operating Model, Requirements Matrixes, Wireframes, and a Governance Document.
• Knowledge Transfer and mentoring to internal technical resources
• Lead Architect for SharePoint Migration, Governance, Mobility, and Content Management Solutions for a major Hospital system. From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) Virtual CTO and ECM Consultant @ • Information Architecture and Site Design for multiple subsidiary intranets and internets using Office 365, SharePoint and HTML Sites.
• Road Map and budget preparation for IT Component of various investment entities.
• Migration planning of legacy content into SharePoint Online
• SharePoint 2013 Customization including Apps and webparts to track Sales Performance, Site Branding, and Invoicing Workflows using out-of-box SharePoint 2013 and Nintex Workflows
• Requirements Analysis, Planning, and SharePoint Customization for Liberty Associates and its funded startup companies.
• SharePoint 2010 integration with Dynamics CRM.
• Microsoft Dynamics CRM installation and configuration. Migration of several CRM Data Stores into Dynamics
• Vendor solution evaluations From January 2012 to Present (4 years) Consulting ECM/SharePoint Practice Director @ • Leading engagements and participating in direct billable delivery of enterprise architecture, data architecture, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, Data Management, User Experience, Information Architecture engagements.
• Responding to client and prospect RFIs and RFPs
• Supporting sales and account management including pipeline management and closing sales
• Quality Assurance including code reviews, project post mortems and delivery traceability management
• SharePoint 2013 divisional sites for a large construction company, including ongoing support and management of development/admin resources and primary resource for Tier 3 Support. Custom Workflows, Webparts and Search Component creation.
• SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence Dashboard and PowerPivot Excel Documents for Bank Loan Portfolios
• Planned, led, and executed several SharePoint Migrations from 2003 through 2013 for various CTN Clients
• Resource Planning and Recruitment of SharePoint Developer and Administrator resources.
• Presenting at conferences and publishing white papers in the enterprise information management and SharePoint subject areas. From 2013 to Present (2 years) SharePoint Consultant/SME @ SharePoint Governance Planning, Workflow, Search Configuration, Information Architecture From October 2013 to February 2014 (5 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaSharePoint Consultant @ SharePoint Configuration, Development, UX/Branding, Training From September 2013 to December 2013 (4 months) SharePoint and Business Intelligence Architect @ SharePoint Strategy, Planning, Architecture, Development, and Administration. SSRS and SSIS. From January 2012 to September 2013 (1 year 9 months) SharePoint 2013 Consultant @ From 2013 to 2013 (less than a year) SharePoint Consultant @ SharePoint Planning, Architecture, Administration, and Customization for Kansas City and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve From June 2011 to December 2011 (7 months) SharePoint Consultant @ From January 2011 to May 2011 (5 months) Manager - Information Management @ From February 2010 to December 2010 (11 months) SharePoint Consultant @ From January 2008 to December 2008 (1 year) Consultant @ From 2001 to 2005 (4 years) Consultant @ From 2001 to 2001 (less than a year)
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Information Systems @ Drexel University From 1989 to 1994 Ben Carroll is skilled in: SharePoint, Business Intelligence, Information Architecture, SDLC, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, Business Analysis, Software Development, .NET, SSAS, SharePoint 2013, SSRS, C#, PerformancePoint, Records Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension