I am an experienced developer of business processes and a team builder. I take a “hands on” approach to mission critical projects and assignments, which result in huge successes for my employers and the teams I have nurtured. I am looking for opportunities to apply the skills I have learned throughout my career in either
I am an experienced developer of business processes and a team builder. I take a “hands on” approach to mission critical projects and assignments, which result in huge successes for my employers and the teams I have nurtured. I am looking for opportunities to apply the skills I have learned throughout my career in either a startup situation or with an established company seeking change.
What I Can Do For You
I am looking for a Senior Level position from which I can help to develop a talented team, focused on Operational excellence (i.e. Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Operations, Product Distribution, Logistics and Facility Management). This team will eliminate waste by identifying waste (MUDA), making decisions using “Plan, Do, Check, Act” strategies and maintaining work areas using 5S discipline; with the goal of being able to certify to ISO 9000 and ISO 14001 approved standards; should the need arise.
Proven Track Record
It is my experience that skills developed over my career have seamlessly transferred between the semiconductor, renewable energy and electrical contractor industries…and beyond. I have used my skill set to improve business processes that apply to Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain Management, Material Management, Distribution, Enterprise Resource Planning, Project Management and Logistics (including Import/Export).
By blending my skills with the skills of my colleagues, we have been able to grow companies from conceptualization (or poor performance levels) to multi-million dollar revenue producers in very short periods of time. I am committed to continuous learning and using analytics based on A3 processes based on statistical data, financial information and collaborative input from colleagues at work as well as my network of industry colleagues.
Vice President of Manufacturing @ Developing scalable manufacturing processes,
Applying lean concepts and strategies,
Working with team members to achieve the vision of the Executive Management team... From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Stockton, California AreaSupply Chain Management @ Developing and managing the following activities:
- Raw material sourcing for the electrical contracting industry, low voltage, photovoltaic and wireless industry,
- Multi-modal logistics for materials moving into and out of Rexmoore/Construction Innovations,
- Procurement of materials and material management for Electrical and PhotoVoltaic raw materials,
- Warehouse/Distribution Center processes and procedures using 5S principles,
Continuous development of documented value chain processes, elimination of wasted process steps within and related to supply chain, logistics and material management activities.
An active member of the RME CORE Management team that works in concert with the RME executive management team to guide the development of future RME strategies. From October 2012 to March 2015 (2 years 6 months) Sacramento, California AreaVP of Operations/Director of Shared Services @ • Implemented business practices to support revenue growth from $12mm to $250mm in a 5 year period,
• Developed the company’s quote to cash value stream to match SMA’s customer demands and more than doubling our market share during this period,
• Created a “team” environment that lead to increased employee moral and advancement opportunities for exceptional performers,
• Project Managed the construction of an out of state inverter manufacturing facility (one of the largest in the US) to a on-time, under budget status while continuing to oversee SMA- California operations,
• Successfully integrated SAP’s ERP/R3 software to improve the entire Supply Chain process, From August 2006 to November 2011 (5 years 4 months) Site Director (Multiple Locations) @ • P/L responsibility for $400mm in revenue/year and achieving financial KPIs,
• Implemented Quality programs including “real time” SPC, ISO 9001 and 14000 certification,
• Led multiple mission-critical business projects including turn-around and restructuring assignments as well as the design-build and staffing of a state-of-the-art lithography fabrication facility,,
• Justified to the BoD the need for capital to support a highly successful “24 by 7” North American Service Group supporting our production facilities across the US,
• Partnered with key customers, including Texas Instruments, FreeScale and Micron to develop business opportunities and improve intercompany relationships to improve customer retention. From October 1987 to July 2006 (18 years 10 months) Engineering Manager @ Developed production processes for UT1X reticles in support of company goals using state-of-the-art engineering practices. From January 1980 to October 1985 (5 years 10 months)
BS, Chemistry @ University of Santa ClaraData Processing @ De Anza College Barry Rockwell is skilled in: Supply Chain Management, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Operations Management, Continuous Improvement, Strategic Planning, SPC, Project Management, Manufacturing, Engineering, P&L Management, Process Engineering, Management, Start-ups, Photovoltaics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension