Project Manager @ Siemens Transmission & Distribution (Energy)
Senior Project Engineer @ Siemens Transmission & Distribution (Energy)
No education info found.
An ambitious, reliable and motivated professional with over 15 years experience in the Electricity Supply Industry. A proven history of successful work in various roles with a diverse range of clients and subcontractors including, DNO’s, National Grid and Renewables (Windfarms). Work well under pressure and possess a can-do determined attitude, taking ownership of responsibilities and driving the
An ambitious, reliable and motivated professional with over 15 years experience in the Electricity Supply Industry. A proven history of successful work in various roles with a diverse range of clients and subcontractors including, DNO’s, National Grid and Renewables (Windfarms). Work well under pressure and possess a can-do determined attitude, taking ownership of responsibilities and driving the work to ensure results are achieved.
Project Manager @ From May 2007 to Present (8 years 6 months) Project Manager @ Key activities
• Effective overall project management of offshore HV projects with full P/L responsibility to budget, specification and programme.
• Accustomed to CDM Regulations and a true believer of promoting excellence in SHEQ and maintaining zero accidents.
• Ensured that HSE was maintained to high standards, through regular HSE audits, HSE safety walks, safety observations and near miss reporting.
• Continually reinforcing quality assurance throughout the project life cycle and conducting site process QA audits, documentation and design audits.
• National Grid Western Link 400kV HVDC convertor substations – Currently managing the control and protection project for the new HVDC link. This includes the two convertor stations and their remote end sites.
• Lynn & Inner Dowsing Offshore Windfarm Project; Managed the warranty repairs of the HV cable failure of an incoming generating circuit. Returned the circuit to service in a timely manner thus saving the client large revenue losses.
• Lincs Offshore Windfarm Project; Managed the 132kV HV cable connection project between the shoreline and the onshore substation, consisting of 12Km of cross country cabling.
• Greater Gabbard Offshore Windfarm Project, The worlds largest offshore Windfarm in 2010; Managed the onshore and offshore 132kV cable, HDD drilling and CCTV projects. From May 2007 to Present (8 years 6 months) Manchester, United KingdomSenior Project Engineer @ Key activities
• Managed National Grid, EAN alliance and DNO HV projects with full P/L responsibility, to budget and programme.
• Managing multiple projects simultaneously under tight timescales while tendering for contract variations.
• Consistently exceeded budgeted targets and improved GM.
• Regularly identifying areas of deviation to contract and successfully obtaining variations.
• National Grid Penwortham/Heysham 400kV substations - The Heysham Ring project consisted of replacing the 400kV overhead lines, CT and VT’s to allow for increased load flows south from Scotland.
• National Grid Thurcroft 275kV substation - Addition of a third SGT and converting the substation into a 4 switch mesh.
• National Grid Indian Queens 400kV substation - 400kV CT replacement; improved the EBIT by 100%.
• EDF energy Bow 132kV substation - Managed the protection project for a new GIS substation. A new build substation reinforcing the electricity network supplies for the London Olympics.
• National Grid Hinkley Point 400kV substation - Reconfiguration of the network to form a temporary bypass configuration for necessary circuit breaker replacements.
• United Utilities Kearsley 132kV substation - Managed the protection project for the new 132kV GIS substation and achieved a 20% cost saving.
• National Grid Aberthaw 275kV substation - Busbar protection and SGT replacement project; doubled the project EBIT.
• National Grid Trawsfynydd 400kV substation - DAR replacement project.
• National Grid Indian Queens 400kV substation - Feeder protection replacement project; improved the EBIT by 50%.
• National Grid Landulph 400kV substation - DAR replacement project.
• National Grid Ratcliffe on Soar 132kV substation - Busbar protection replacement project; improved the project EBIT by 50%.
• National Grid Willenhall 275kV substation - Extension from a single to a 4 switch mesh and improved the EBIT 8 fold. From May 2002 to May 2007 (5 years 1 month) Manchester, United KingdomSenior Tendering Engineer @ Key activities
• Responsible for driving the business forward and securing new orders by successfully demonstrating our capability as a solution provider.
• A key team member in developing the business from £10M to £150M.
• Tender managed HV projects totalling over £200M per annum.
• Secured new orders of £150M per annum and achieving the present growth
of the business.
• Developed and managed excellent supplier/client relationships, which support business growth objectives. From August 1999 to April 2002 (2 years 9 months) ManchesterProject Engineer @ Key activities
A crucial project delivery team member. Successfully exceeded our customer’s expectations by delivering multiple projects to specification, timescale and budget and laying the foundation for future business. From August 1998 to July 1999 (1 year) Manchester, United KingdomTendering Engineer @ Key activities
Part of a small team that successfully secured the largest departmental order with National Grid. Securing this order was a triumphant breakthrough into a competitive market and the major turning point for Siemens Transmission & Distribution UK. From February 1998 to July 1998 (6 months) Manchester, United Kingdom
Aziz Baqutai is skilled in: Project Management, MS Project, PMP, Project Engineering, Project Planning, Engineering, Program Management, Software Project..., Integration, Project Portfolio..., PMO, Commissioning, Change Management, Project Delivery, ITIL, Contract Management, Process Improvement, Automation, Telecommunications, Energy, Renewable Energy, Substation, Electricity, Construction, Procurement, Transmission, Wind, SCADA, Electric Power, Construction Management, Project Control, Power Systems, Electrical Engineering, Power Distribution, High Voltage, Offshore Drilling, EPC, Power Plants, Power Generation, Onshore, Electricians, Switchgear, Engineering Management, Turbines, Transformer
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension