Senior Writer/Designer | Information Experience @
User Assistance Lead/Technical Writing Team Lead @
Lead Technical Writer/Information Architect @ Visa (On Contract)
Bachelor of Mass Media, Advertising/Communications @
University of Mumbai
Aviram is a technical communications and information design expert with a decade of experience in technical writing, information architecture, and documentation management. Aviram has worked with renowned corporations in India, United States, Singapore, New Zealand, and Australia, and has considerable experience in working in global multicultural environments. Currently employed with an innovative firm that is setting the
Aviram is a technical communications and information design expert with a decade of experience in technical writing, information architecture, and documentation management. Aviram has worked with renowned corporations in India, United States, Singapore, New Zealand, and Australia, and has considerable experience in working in global multicultural environments. Currently employed with an innovative firm that is setting the market direction in the Agile project management and collaboration, Aviram juggles between technical communication and experience design roles. Aviram is value driven and constantly seeks to improve processes and deliverables from the stakeholder’s point of view. Aviram enjoys working in diverse fields, but commands domain expertise in networking, telecom, software, and finance. Aviram has expertise in the following skills:
• Agile and collaboration based documentation
• XML-based single sourcing environments
• Project and team management
• Information architecture and content strategy
• DITA and Information Mapping
• Context sensitive and UX integrated documentation
• Requirements gathering and user analysis
NOTE: If you want to connect with me on LinkedIn, I would appreciate if you send me a message along with your request explaining why you would like to connect with me. This way, I can better assess if the prospective connection will be mutually beneficial.
Senior Writer/Designer | Information Experience @ - Lead information experience and information architecture efforts across the Purchasing and Identity teams.
- Work with UX designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to improve the user journeys from an information design/communication perspective.
- Champion information experience best practices among team members and leaders.
- Manage multiple projects and stakeholders while ensuring timely and high quality delivery or projects.
- Innovate in the information experience space to improve the overall user experience and the Atlassian brand.
- Create journey maps to identity and resolve pain points for our users.
- Conduct card sorts and tree tests to create/improve information architectures.
- Conceptual design (experience design), prototyping, wireframes From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Sydney, AustraliaUser Assistance Lead/Technical Writing Team Lead @ Lead technical writer and content strategist responsible for the strategy, design, and content creation of LiveOps' technical documentation. Responsibilities include:
• Set and direct LiveOps help, documentation and built-in user assistance strategy, including on and offline user guides, administrator guides, API references.
Responsible for all aspects of our cloud-based platform's help and documentation strategy.
• Work across multiple functional teams to create written and audio-visual content that meets the needs of stake holders and customers.
• Set strategic directions in choice of tools and create work flow processes.
• Implement an easy to use, shared, cloud-based content management system to leverage input from subject matter experts.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders towards improving the overall information experience of LiveOps customers. From July 2014 to August 2015 (1 year 2 months) Auckland, New ZealandLead Technical Writer/Information Architect @ • Perform impact analysis and manage updates to the Visa Global Operations libraries.
• Work with clients and project managers to determine documentation tasks and deliverables, and estimate resource requirements and timelines.
• Plan resource utilization and budgets to create project plans and tasks.
• Monitor assigned documentation projects to ensure that they are on schedule, meet customer and audience needs, and are delivered within the forecasted budget.
• Work with the XML developers and various business units to plan and design the XML-based authoring environments.
• Prepare and present status reports, including staff availability.
• Provide analysis and writing support to lead writers on critical technical libraries.
• Supervise the offshore contractor team in creating, updating and publishing Visa Inc. technical documentation for internal staff.
• Maintain internal procedures guides to capture critical tasks and processes for publishing Operations documentation. From July 2013 to June 2014 (1 year) SingaporeSenior Information Engineer @ Responsible for end to end documentation planning, implementation and delivery. Managing a gamut of five Avaya products. Two contact center reporting products and two cloud based collaboration tools. Working on multiple deliverables that include Overview Guides, Administration Guides, Installation and Configuration Guides, Reporting Guides etc. From May 2011 to July 2013 (2 years 3 months) Technical Writer Specialist @ • Implemented two overseas projects, first at Pittsburgh and Boston, and the other at New York.
• Responsible for gathering financial process information from the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) by visiting onsite (US and European Countries) and using web tools such as, WebEx, Snag IT, and Adobe Captivate
• Responsible for creating process maps using Microsoft Visio
• Responsible for end to end implementation, including planning, estimation, creation and delivery.
• Primary deliverables include operating procedures, system manuals and reference guides
• Formatting and structuring the documents as per BNY Mellon’s documentation repository, Knowledge Source (KS)
• Undertook a pilot study of the effectiveness of Adobe Captivate and submitted a report to senior management on its business utility.
• Mentoring junior resources and proof reading their documentation From April 2010 to June 2011 (1 year 3 months) Technical Writer @ • Deputed with two prestigious TCS clients—Microsoft and General Electric.
• Writing and reviewing User Manuals, Proposals, Release Notes, Help Files, SDLC documentation like Design documents and so on
• Training TCS associates on Effective Technical Writing, E-mail Writing, User Documentation, and SDLC documentation
• Undertook a Defect Prevention Initiative over a period of 3 months in a certain project, and improved documentation quality scores drastically
• Undertook a usability study of the TATA AIG website and presented an improved version to the client
• Meeting team targets
• Contributing to TechCom’s overall innovation
• Member of the Core Team during TCS Pune’s ISO 14001 audit and certification procedure
• Assisting senior management of fine tuning corporate and client presentations
• Assisting the Internal and Corporate communication team in ideating and creating material for internal branding From January 2008 to February 2010 (2 years 2 months) Technical Writing Consultant @ Worked as a free lance technical writer on multiple projects providing technical writing and editing services. From August 2006 to January 2008 (1 year 6 months) Documentation Associate @ • Worked as an Associate (Surrender Documentation), servicing Prudential’s Life Insurance policies across the UK
• The job involved documenting standard user procedures, creating guidelines and checklists, and help documentation
• Documenting a new tool that was introduced in the project From July 2005 to May 2006 (11 months)
MCS, Advertising/Mass Communication @ Indira School of Communication From 2006 to 2008 Bachelor of Mass Media, Advertising/Communications @ University of Mumbai From 2002 to 2005 Aviram Vijh is skilled in: Technical Writing, Software Documentation, Visio, Manuals, Technical Documentation, Information Architecture, Online Help, Six Sigma, Single Sourcing, Content Management, HTML, DITA, XML, Structured Authoring, Editing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension