Senior Software Engineer @ General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
Web Developer @ Education First
Volunteer @ Computers4Kids
Subversion administration. Linux administration.
Principal Software Engineer @ PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER
* Lead team of UI developers (7-10 people)
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
* Developer on Core UI team, adding features to BIG-IP line of products.
* Research into new UI technologies.
* Mentoring new UI developers. From September 2011 to Present (4 years 4 months) Greater Seattle AreaCo-owner and System Architect @ Web developer and editor of travel site, focused on helping people learn to travel more independently, instead of relying on guidebooks and tours. Led technical study for choosing technologies suitable for a travel site, including evaluating different blogging platforms.
Developed database, processing, and Google maps interface for mapping tool, used to enhance city guides. From April 2007 to Present (8 years 9 months) Senior Software Engineer @ Web developer, developing both UI and backend software for busy E-Commerce site.
that tracks and identifies firearms using laser spots and a
variety of other identifying technologies. I developed a flexible infrastructure for handling various cameras, external identifying hardware, and algorithms for near real-time matching of laser spots and external identifying data. This development is in C++, on a Windows platform.
* I've also developed portions of web user interface for marksmanship training system, including server-side processing of user input. As part of this work, I developed a framework that integrates Oracle xmldb with our training system. This framework allows us to quickly and efficiently store and retrieve various types of xml data, using XPath and XQuery as the mechanisms for communicating with the database. The backend processing is done in C++. From January 2007 to April 2010 (3 years 4 months) Web Developer @ As volunteer web developer, developed web applications to establish and sustain the critical link between volunteers and donors. Improved existing record-keeping applications, allowing Education First to more easily track and report financial records. I also spearheaded the transition to a Drupal-based CRM system. From 2007 to September 2008 (1 year) Senior Software Engineer @ As a senior software engineer, I led the development of a suite of network applications using CORBA that facilitated the communication of imaging data within a distributed sensor processing system. Led formal testing, integration, and delivery at Navy customer facilities. I also led the development of a video processing, network distribution, and display system for US Navy submarines. Delivered production system to customer and ran formal testing during installation on a US Navy submarine. My development was primarily done in C++ on a Linux platform, along with some shell scripting and Python. I oversaw the CM system, which ran both CVS and Subversion.
Earlier in my career with AIS (then Digital System Resources) I worked as a part of a team to develop an embedded sonar training system. This was a PHP-based system, running on UNIX and Linux. From July 2001 to December 2006 (5 years 6 months) Volunteer @ From 2000 to 2001 (1 year)