Self-motivated Talent Acquisition Manager. Possesses academic and professional human resources and recruiting experience, as well as strong writing / editing and employee relations skills. Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new processes while maintaining high efficiency and quality standards. Leverages excellent organization and communication skills to collaborate with employees at all levels to meet deadlines and
Self-motivated Talent Acquisition Manager. Possesses academic and professional human resources and recruiting experience, as well as strong writing / editing and employee relations skills. Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new processes while maintaining high efficiency and quality standards. Leverages excellent organization and communication skills to collaborate with employees at all levels to meet deadlines and achieve goals. Versatile, dedicated, and enthusiastic.
Certified Professional Rèsumè Writer (CRRW) through the National Association of Rèsumè Writers and Career Coaches (NAWR/CC)
Specialties: Talent Acquisition, Performance Management Process & System, Coordinating and conducting panel Interviews, Corporate Training, eLearning, Recruiting, Social Networking, Training & Development, Applicant Tracking Systems, Service Award & Reward Programs, Job Description Development, Skill Inventory, New Employee Orientation, Interview Development, Employee Programs
Talent Acquisition Manager @ Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries, that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress.
- Recruit passive talent for the Education division of Elsevier, a complex, matrixed organization.
- Manage full-cyle recruiting process from conducting needs analysis for opening roles to sourcing and interviewing as well as setting up advanced interviews and negotiating salary.
- Manage candidates through Taleo, to ensure accurate reporting and completeness of information.
- Cover all open positions in the Education Division, including Sales (individual contributor & manager), Business Intelligence, IT & Marketing Director-level, Project Management, Client Services and Content Development roles.
- Serve as advocate for company and for qualified candidates as they move through the process.
- Consult with hiring managers on recruiting strategies, such as specific pools where top-notch talent can be found. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Greater St. Louis AreaRésumé Writer @ - I currently work in HR but continue to write résumés freelance. I obtained my Certified Professional Résumé Writer (CPRW) certification in 2008.
- To date, I have written 800+ résumés for people with all organizational, educational and skill levels, from skilled trade workers to entry-level professionals and senior-level individual contributors to Executive/C-Level positions, and have even done some international Curriculum Vitaes (CVs). I hope that I can help you create and update your résumé and cover letter to give it the most impact as you send it out to organizations.
- Please feel free to contact me to inquire about services and pricing. From June 2008 to Present (7 years 7 months) Talent Acquisition Specialist / Resume Writer (casual employee status) @ - Network to proactively identify quality candidates and engage both active and non-active job seekers.
- Recruit qualified domestic adjunct career coaches in various US Cities, including Houston, Dallas, Phoenix and Seattle.
- Phone screen and interview top candidates. Create detailed notes and recommendations for hiring managers to assist in deciding who moves into next stages of the hiring process.
- Collaborate with OD Manager and hiring managers to create job descriptions with both hard and soft skills to ensure that the appropriate skill sets and personalities are being recruited. From June 2014 to October 2014 (5 months) Greater St. Louis AreaRecruiter / HR Specialist @ * Perform full cycle recruiting for Fortune 500, National clients in major cities such as St. Louis, Atlanta, Dallas, Baltimore, Washington DC as well as various cities in California and Washington State.
* Source and recruit top quality candidates for contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire opportunities.
* Recruit IT, Finance & Accounting, HR and Administrative professionals for positions in several industries, including telecommunications, financial services, consumer products, government administration and software development.
* Leverage various platforms, including career boards/databases, social networking and professional/ personal contacts, to proactively engage both active and non-active job seekers.
* Use IQNavigator to input candidates for review at client sites and pull timesheets.
* Collaborate with account managers and clients to help understand each requirement and determine the best strategy for search.
* Process all new hire paperwork, including background checks, compliance documents and benefits information.
* Establish rapport and build relationships with A+ candidates for future openings to ensure top candidates continue to return. From January 2013 to June 2014 (1 year 6 months) Human Resources Generalist @ IMPACT Group, a global, woman-owned career transitions firm, helps organizations manage every phase of the employee lifecycle. We specialize in highly tailored support to meet the needs of employees transitioning in, within and out of an organization, including domestic and int'l relocation and outplacement.
- Implement and manage company Wellness Programs, increasing engagement, productivity and employee health.
- Source, recruit and interview candidates for IG positions at all levels, from interns to Executives.
- Network to proactively identify quality candidates and engage both active and non-active job seekers.
- Recruit qualified adjunct career coaches globally, including coaches in UAE, Hong Kong, Argentina, Brazil, Australia, Netherlands and Singapore.
- Collaborate with Business Development and Client Services to assist with domestic and international RFPs.
- Created, maintain and analyze a full employee and contractor skill inventory.
- Prototyped and maintain employee Intranet, consistently striving to increase usership.
- System Administrator for performance management software Halogen, including facilitating goal setting and review processes.
- Build job descriptions and job ads, working with managers ensuring accuracy in employee competencies.
- Develops and coordinates all New Hire Orientations.
- Develops and delivers educational programs, refresher courses and user manuals for employees on various subjects such as benefits and internal technologies.
- Created and scheduled a Lunch & Learn program to engage employees in continuous education.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of existing / proposed federal and state laws / regulations (e.g. postings, FMLA, OSHA). Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise accordingly.
- Member of Employee Activities Committee (EAC) and the Change Request & Innovation Board (CRIB).
- Established successful employee Service Award program.
- Manage company Charitable Donation Match program. From November 2009 to January 2013 (3 years 3 months) Résumé Writer II @ - Worked independently to develop résumés, networking cards and brochures using support materials. Developed international résumés/CVs according to global market standards.
- Proofread drafts from other writers, ensuring that résumés are error-free, properly formatted and rich in content.
- Communicated with Career Consultants as needed to develop strategies for clients’ résumés and clarify instructions. From June 2008 to December 2009 (1 year 7 months) Trainer / Server @ From June 2006 to May 2008 (2 years) Greater St. Louis Area
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology @ Saint Louis University From 2003 to 2007 Lafayette Senior High From 1999 to 2003 Ashley Sorensen is skilled in: Talent Acquisition, Recruiting, Interviews, Applicant Tracking Systems, Human Resources, Candidate Sourcing, Workforce Planning, New Hire Orientations, Personnel Management, Internet Recruiting, Talent Management, Global Talent Acquisition, Executive Search, Employee Relations, Interview Preparation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension