Brand Manager and Creative Director @ Clandestine Industries
In 2012 I joined BuzzFeed as a Creative Fellow and within 15 months was promoted to Senior Creative, a title held only by three other people in our department. In this short amount of time I have answered the calls of RFP’s, lead successful programs for large brands, mentored Junior Creatives, received managerial experience, and worked on
In 2012 I joined BuzzFeed as a Creative Fellow and within 15 months was promoted to Senior Creative, a title held only by three other people in our department. In this short amount of time I have answered the calls of RFP’s, lead successful programs for large brands, mentored Junior Creatives, received managerial experience, and worked on the next big thing.
In addition to my time at BuzzFeed, I have served as the Brand Director of a successful clothing line, Copywriter for a social networking website, and Executive Assistant to the Presidents of a powerful music management company. With nine years of experience, I have learned how to organize someone’s life, give and take directions, and make high-level decisions — All with a smile on my face. I’m fond of solving problems creatively, and conquering Everest-like projects, because there is always a solution!
Senior Creative @ - Develops engaging and sharable branded content for high-profile clients.
- Created a new quiz format that was productized and sold as a first-to-market idea.
- Created BuzzFeed's first branded 21 Day Challenge for Reese's.
- Created a compelling campaign for Target’s “Fanny Basket” April Fools Day prank, which was praised by AdWeek.
- Mentors and oversees Junior and Associate Creatives as a project lead on senior level programs for brands such as NHL, Chips Ahoy!, Chevy, Hershey’s, and Temptations.
- Often presents to clients at in-person meetings.
- Standardized KOC decks for CPG and Retail clients with a parental focus.
- Participates in and leads brainstorms.
- Responds to RFP's with creative ideas in order to fulfill and compliment advertisers programs. From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Creative @ - Successfully worked on large programs for brands such as Intel, Coppertone, L’Oreal, and Gap.
- Created a quiz for the film "Against The Sun" that was recognized in the New York Times.
- Attends in-person client meetings regularly. From January 2014 to December 2014 (1 year) Creative Fellow @ - Quickly learned pre-sale process by responding to RFP’s.
- Walked clients through ideas on sales calls. From September 2013 to December 2013 (4 months) Social Media and Marketing Coordinator @ - Maintained milkandhoneyny.com, retouched fashion photographs, created media timelines & weekly circulars for mass digital distribution, and enhanced fan interaction across web platforms.
- Elevated the brand and doubled it's following on social networking sites by creating engaging campaigns in just 10 months.
- Researched and reviewed new marketing techniques. From April 2012 to September 2013 (1 year 6 months) Brand Manager and Creative Director @ - Created concept boards, selected designs, oversaw photo shoots and produced copy for each item of a multi-season fashion line, founded by Fall Out Boy’s Pete Wentz.
- Ran all social networking sites leading up to, and during line launches.
- Kept an open relationship and interacted with fans of the company daily.
- Responsible for assembling and styling a highly publicized runway show during 2010 NY Fashion Week. From February 2010 to May 2012 (2 years 4 months) Creative Copywriter @ - Created new web content daily which included, but was not limited to, writing blogs, generating contests, interacting with fans, and keeping site content fresh.
- Created banner ads and polls, and started weekly discussions and organized sending local photographers to events. From March 2008 to August 2011 (3 years 6 months) Executive Assistant to the Presidents / Office Manager @ - Scheduled meetings, booked travel, and answered phones.
- Learned accounting and invoice creation.
- Hired office support staff.
- Called upon to do photography, photo retouching, and graphic design work for the company and its roster of distinguished artists. From May 2006 to August 2011 (5 years 4 months)
Bachelor’s Degree, Fine/Studio Arts, General, 4.0 @ State University of New York College at Oneonta From 2002 to 2006 Ashley Cook is skilled in: Problem Solving, Creative Solutions, Humor Writing, Blogging, Social Media, Web Content, Photography, Social Networking, Writing, Branding, Advertising, Copywriting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension