Senior Management Team @ Poundland - Dealz Ireland
Area Manager @ Aldi UK & Ireland
Business Development & Area Manager @ Pizza Hut
Msc International Business, International Business, Marketing, Human Resources, International Retailing, Launching a new venture, 2:1 awarded for the Masters programme @
The Robert Gordon University
A positive and professional Area Manager who is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service standards whilst ensuring the achievement of demanding targets and corporate objectives. With a proven track record of achieving success in merchandising, driving sales, promoting brands and increasing turnover. A motivational and inspirational manager capable of coaching and empowering individuals to fulfil their potential
A positive and professional Area Manager who is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service standards whilst ensuring the achievement of demanding targets and corporate objectives. With a proven track record of achieving success in merchandising, driving sales, promoting brands and increasing turnover. A motivational and inspirational manager capable of coaching and empowering individuals to fulfil their potential as well as make a significant contribution to the business. Consistently demonstrates insight and shrewd judgement with the ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
Senior Management Team @ Currently working for one of Irelands fastest growing FMCG retailers - Dealz.
Skills and responsibilities utilised include:
- Managing a site and team in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Utilising strong people management skills to lead a team of 30 plus to achieve all the targets expected by head office.
- Performance management is a key attribute to ensure that the unit contributes to the overall success of the area by conducting regular reviews of all management.
- Effectively becoming a focal point for HR issues and ensuring that all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for running talent events to source new team members.
- Develop and see the potential in the business leaders of the future and empowering them to strive to be the best they can be.
- Key feature on how the organisation operates is ensuring that we recognise and celebrate the success of individuals whom excel in their areas of responsibility.
- Change Management whereby implementing new structures and roles in the team to ensure that we operate efficiently.
- Careful rota management is a key attribute that is utilised to ensure that the store stays within budget guidelines and thereby have the "right people in the right place".
- Motivate the team to achieve high levels of success.
- Ensure that all best practice operationally and compliance is 100% achieved.
- The key component is sales. Sales data is analysed on a daily, hourly basis to ensure product placement and seasonal goods are optimised to sell through. This data provides the basis of targets which we then are confident of achieving by providing a top class shopping experience for our customers.
- Competitor analysis to ensure that we remain one step ahead and retain our position as brand leader in the field both nationally and locally.
- Responsible for networking in the community to ensure that potential links and opportunities are capitalise on. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Area Manager @ The main objective of the role is to achieve the highest sales possible whilst ensuring an efficient and co operative environment, excellent customer service, appropriate staffing, low staff turnover, consistent store standards, minimal costs, optimum productivity, tightly controlled inventory, strong due diligence and accurate accounts.
Throughout the training phase the role involved mastering key operational controls and leadership activities to run a successful venture through objectives and goals which included:
~ Leading and Motivating large teams in maximising sales and minimising losses.
~ Implementing procedures in order to manage store and area specific objectives.
~ Developing people and teams in order to achieve high performance units.
~ Cost control, administration, auditing and problem solving on a daily basis.
~ High standards were set to achieve targets e.g. Mystery shopper reports and Sales.
~ Responsibility for personnel matters with regards to store deputies, assistants and caretakers.
~ Adhere to the principles of corporate responsibility policy of the organisation. From November 2013 to August 2014 (10 months) IrelandBusiness Development & Area Manager @ The stores (Longford & Castleknock) through my leadership exceeded highest standards of professionalism and customer service. This was demonstrated through a top 3 score in mystery shopper and inspections across a nationwide network of 30 plus stores.
• A proven ability through advanced presentation and inter personal skills to liaise with senior personnel across all functions at head office level. It involved regular conference calls and meetings with senior Irish and UK based group of directors.
• Conducted research into key market trends and devising viable strategies and growth plans to retain and grow market share.
• Proven account management experience through managing sales lifecycle from start to finish by ensuring that a quality product and customer care aspect is provided at all stages of the process.
• Created a focused commercial approach through strong consumer relationships and encouraging new and repeat business by identifying new and innovative ways to meet changing customer requirements through meticulous planning and attention to detail.
• Exceeded sales targets which resulted in the acquired store being named the top in the group for growth figures year on year for a period of two years.
• Proven business acquisition skills by introducing the second store to the portfolio in 2011.
• Coordinating multiple operations simultaneously adopting strong organisational and managerial skills
• Vast experience in understanding and analysing key performance indicators in the business. This enabled me to manage product / service mix, pricing, margins and service levels.
• Strong leadership and management skills through essential Human resource functions. Have built and developed a team of 30 plus sales professionals and customer facing agents.
• Successful project management skills through the delivery of a new store opening. It involved dealing with planning officials, building contractors, utility companies, marketing agencies etc. From October 2008 to October 2013 (5 years 1 month) Business Development @ Responsible for the coordination and delivery of community building and sales activity for the organisation Maintaining optimum levels of customer retention through the deployment of first class customer service
• Managing large amounts of cash on a daily basis with full accountability for all banking duties From January 2007 to August 2007 (8 months) Aberdeen, United KingdomArea Manager @ Through my University time I worked with this company and duties included:
• Appointed to oversee busy and demanding family operated town centre stores, devising rotas, managing staff and responsible for training and development
• Responsible for the recruitment and selection of suitably qualified and experienced members of staff to work in the stores
• Coordinating book keeping and accounts.
• Responding to customer and supplier enquiries relating to a variety of issues, demonstrating strong problem solving and influencing skills From April 2002 to September 2006 (4 years 6 months)
Msc Financial Management, ; Corporate Financial Management, International Financial Management, Investment and Treasury Manage, 2:1 awarded for the Masters programme @ The Robert Gordon University From 2006 to 2007 Msc International Business, International Business, Marketing, Human Resources, International Retailing, Launching a new venture, 2:1 awarded for the Masters programme @ The Robert Gordon University From 2004 to 2006 BA Finance & Economics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Honours Degree @ National University of Ireland, Maynooth From 2000 to 2004 Ashish Puri is skilled in: Management, Leadership, Sales, Business Development, Customer Service, Training, Retail, Recruiting, Sales Management, Business Strategy, Operations Management, Analysis, Project Planning, Sales Operations, Marketing Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension