After-care and Mentoring Intern/Fellow @ Light of Life Rescue Mission
Dryden High School
I have a passion for shaping language to create messages that resonate with readers on every channel. I'm also driven by the desire for continual improvement, whether it be redesigning a webpage, refining the user experience, or testing a new emailing strategy. I strive to do my best work every day and I welcome every opportunity to
I have a passion for shaping language to create messages that resonate with readers on every channel. I'm also driven by the desire for continual improvement, whether it be redesigning a webpage, refining the user experience, or testing a new emailing strategy. I strive to do my best work every day and I welcome every opportunity to learn something new.
I'm experienced in Microsoft Office, Luminate Online, WordPress, Raiser's Edge, Adobe Photoshop, Mobile Commons, AP style, and Ecktron. I'm a quick study and I enjoy troubleshooting on new platforms.
Assistant Director, Communications and Stewardship @ Delivers crisp, engaging copy for print, web, email, and social media. Manages the membership website and redesigns pages to improve the user experience. Coordinates all email proofing, segmentation, and delivery for the four museums and provides in-depth data analysis. Designs all membership emails including triggered messages in response to user behavior. Provides exceptional customer service through inbound calls and emails.
• Promoted to assistant manager from associate for increasing email acquisition revenue by 100% in 2013 through a marketing strategy based on best practices, historical data, and A/B testing.
• Demonstrated copywriting and troubleshooting skills by creating all messaging, web pages, and donation forms to launch the recurring membership program in February 2015
• Collaborated closely with IT and consultants to release a mobile membership card in November 2014.
• Implemented responsive design on all member webpages in Luminate Online.
• Boosted members email open rates by 29% and created a welcome series to increase subscriber retention.
• Presented two detailed analyses of email communications at Carnegie Museums and provided marketing directors with strategies for list growth and improved targeting From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Freelance Writer @ Currently ghostwriting a full-length memoir for publication, having conducted extensive interviews and research. Served as a consultant and content writer for the launch of Covenant Love Community School's new website in 2012. Edited a short collection of essays called Beauty Unframed, published in 2011. From December 2010 to Present (5 years 1 month) After-care and Mentoring Intern/Fellow @ Wrote and copyrighted a mentor training manual for the mentoring program. Conducted interviews and compiled short stories about staff and program alumni in recovery from addiction. Co-launched the mentoring program. Communicated with a network of mentors, conducted trainings, and recruited mentors. Coordinated alumni activities and mentoring socials. Composed monthly alumni newsletters. From February 2010 to September 2011 (1 year 8 months) Managing Editor @ Achieved proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Quark 6.0 by designing weekly section layouts. Collaborated on a full redesign of the college newspaper after attending a national collegiate media conference. Enforced AP style guidelines and factual and grammatical accuracy by proofreading the newspaper every week. Created well-written articles under tight deadlines in order to fill unexpected holes in the layout. Developed unified editorial and design teams that worked with passion and strove for innovation
Co-Editor of the Life section August 2008-May 2009
Utilized communication skills to relay story ideas, check article accuracy and enforce submission deadlines for student reporters each week From August 2009 to May 2010 (10 months)
Bachelor's, English, Theater @ Grove City College From 2006 to 2010 Dryden High School From 2002 to 2006 Arielle Bateman is skilled in: Blogging, Copy Editing, Proofreading, AP Style, Newsletters, InDesign, Journalism, Editorial, Publications, Nonprofits, Magazines, Photoshop, Newspapers, Training, Social Media
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension