Lead Information System Security Manager @
Information System Security Manager (ISSM), Technical Lead @
Teaneck High School
Certified Information System Security Profession with a robust technical background, the ability to produce results in a group or individual environment, well honed interpersonal skills, and a strong desire to grow professionally. Six Sigma trained and focused on utilizing technical abilities to improve processes and increase efficiency. Organized and detailed oriented, with ability to multitask, work under
Certified Information System Security Profession with a robust technical background, the ability to produce results in a group or individual environment, well honed interpersonal skills, and a strong desire to grow professionally. Six Sigma trained and focused on utilizing technical abilities to improve processes and increase efficiency. Organized and detailed oriented, with ability to multitask, work under pressure, and still meet deadlines. Solid experience working in a team environment, in a leadership and supportive role.
Languages: Python, Java, Microsoft Visual Basic, C++, C, Korn Shell, Scheme, Perl, HTML, XML
Systems: Windows 7/2008/Vista/XP/2003/2000/NT/95/3.1, Solaris 7/8/9/10, RedHat Enterprise Linux 5/6, AIX 5.x, HPUX 11.i, MS-DOS
Software: Microsoft: Office, SharePoint, Visio, FrontPage, OpenOffice, eEye Retina, Dr. Scheme, Eclipse, Crystal Reports, IBM Rational: RequisitePro, ClearCase, ClearQuest, FileMaker Pro 7, Pine
Manager, Information Assurance @ - Directly managed a team of thirteen Security Professionals on day to day activities supporting delivering and sustaining over thirty National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) complaint information systems of varied sizes.
- Contributed to the creation of an Enterprise Wide Incident Response Plan (IRP) for managing data spills. From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Greater Boston AreaLead Information System Security Manager @ - Led a team of ten Information System Security Officers and two Information System Security Managers to deliver and sustain compliant classified systems.
- Responsible for the certification and accreditation for over twenty classified networks ranging from multiuser standalones to nodes on government owned WANs such as MDACNET and SIPRNET.
- Granted Self Certification by the Defense Security Service (DSS) for a wide range of operating systems in numerous operational environments.
- Managed the diverse compliance requirements between local and customer designated approval authorities, ensuring compliance on both levels.
- Certified and obtained Accreditation for networks under the Joint Air Force Army Navy (JAFAN) Manual as well as began transitions for accreditation under the Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) utilizing Risk Managed Framework (RMF). From September 2012 to December 2014 (2 years 4 months) Greater Boston AreaInformation System Security Manager (ISSM), Technical Lead @ - Developed and implemented enhanced Windows certification procedures reducing time by 50%, and resulting in a program savings of $900,000.
- Worked in a fast paced demanding environment to deliver and sustain excellent customer support and compliant systems on a Protection Level 2 Wide Area Network Host consisting of over 1200 users and 300 systems.
- Provided security training for new hires and users new to working with classified material.
- Honed knowledge of the NISPOM, IFSO, and ODAA Baseline Standards. From June 2010 to September 2012 (2 years 4 months) Greater Boston AreaInformation Systems Security Officer (ISSO) @ - Led and coordinated a team of five ISSOs working on nine different information systems with over 1000 users, maintaining regular compliance with the NISPOM including weekly system audits, configuration management and user education
- Ensured NISPOM Chapter 8 compliance within classified areas contributing to the facility’s Superior rating and Cogswell Award from DSS.
- Developed and implemented training for engineers to perform ISSO and System Administrator responsibilities for on site delivery and new hires for their on-boarding process.
- Enhanced staff at multiple centers to assist and prepare for DSS Assessments supporting improved DSS ratings. From June 2008 to June 2010 (2 years 1 month) Greater Boston AreaInnovation Team Member @ - Partnered with leaders to develop and deliver a company-wide IT road map that aligned IT with company-wide strategic goals to enable the company to double sales between 2007 and 2011.
- Presented results to senior leaders, leveraging current communication and presentation skills with corporate research techniques, such as Forrester Research, to ensure cross-business alignment with the IT road map.
- Initiated and implemented Microsoft’s SharePoint utility across the Architecture Strategy and Innovation team, improving collaborative efforts using social media such as RSS feeds, wikis, and blogs.
- Completed Raytheon Six Sigma training and Specialist Project From July 2007 to December 2007 (6 months) Program Analyst @ - Enhanced productivity for a trading desk and technology department by creating Excel macros and support scripts in Korn Shell and Perl.
- Actively participated in team meetings to inform other Analysts of progress and potential roadblocks. From July 2006 to December 2006 (6 months) Release Engineer @ Coordinated the push of new software releases through IBM’s Rational ClearCase to the wholesale network for the long-term care division. From July 2005 to December 2005 (6 months) Database Designer @ Creatively redesigned an existing database to improve workflow using FileMaker Pro 7. From April 2005 to July 2005 (4 months)
B.S., Computer Science @ Northeastern University From 2003 to 2008 Teaneck High School From 1999 to 2003 Ari CISSP is skilled in: Information Security, Information Assurance, Security, Perl, Visio, Operating Systems, SharePoint, Computer Security, Solaris, Security Clearance, Microsoft Office, DoD, DIACAP, Management, Windows Server
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension