Senior Director, Loyalty Strategy & CRM for Marriott Rewards & The Ritz-Carlton Rewards @ Marriott International
Sr. Director, Marriott Rewards and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, Asia Pacific @ Marriott International
Director, Global Development Marketing and Communications @ Marriott International
Bachelor's degree, Professional, Technical, Business, and Scientific Writing @
Carnegie Mellon University
Strategy, brand, marketing, and loyalty executive with a proven track record of delivering innovative, customer-centric strategies that unlock value to the business. Excels in leading transformational strategies from vision and business case development through launch, implementation and sustainment. Extensive Loyalty / Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) experience including strategy, marketing, and program management for Marriott Rewards and The
Strategy, brand, marketing, and loyalty executive with a proven track record of delivering innovative, customer-centric strategies that unlock value to the business. Excels in leading transformational strategies from vision and business case development through launch, implementation and sustainment. Extensive Loyalty / Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) experience including strategy, marketing, and program management for Marriott Rewards and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.Global perspective with hands-on experience in emerging and mature markets. Able to translate complex information into actionable strategies. Proven ability to energize and lead high-performance teams globally. Creative and analytical. A pragmatic problem solver and natural storyteller. Experience across multiple industries: financial services, technology, and hospitality.
*Key Skill Areas*
Loyalty Program Operations & Strategy
Brand Management & Strategy
Strategy Development & Execution
Customer Insights / Innovation
Cross-Cultural / Global Leadership
Marketing Strategy, Messaging Strategy
Storytelling & Messaging Strategy
High Performance Teams
Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM)
Loyalty Marketing / Customer Loyalty Programs
Owner & Franchisee Relations
Consumer Promotions, Member Acquisition, and Lifecycle Marketing
Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
Usability Design & Customer Experience
Senior Director, Loyalty Strategy & CRM for Marriott Rewards & The Ritz-Carlton Rewards @ LOYALTY PROGRAM STRATEGY AND BRAND MANAGEMENT
Developed and evolved the brand strategy of Marriott Rewards & The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.
• Spearheaded the reinvention of Marriott Rewards to attract millennial travelers including customer insight research, ideation activities, and business case development. Developed and launched four proof of concepts in less than six months from ideation to launch.
• Created a luxury loyalty program, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, in less than 12 months from project conception to launch. Project awarded CIO Magazine’s Project Innovation Award 2010.
• Developed and launched “No Blackout Dates” to deliver additional redemption availability to members and higher reimbursement revenues to hotels.
INTERNATIONAL STRATEGY AND MARKETING
Developed and implemented Rewards’ international growth strategy for each Continent with a focus on growing membership, driving revenues to hotels, developing localized on-property experiences, and engaging members through various channels.
• Created a global, decentralized organizational structure and funding.
• Led customer insight and research efforts across the global to adapt the program to meet consumer needs.
• Oversaw the Rewards partnership strategy, negotiations, and partner marketing for ex-US markets.
GLOBAL PROMOTIONS & LIFECYCLE MARKETING
Led and directed the design and implementation of global promotions (MegaBonus) and lifecycle marketing programs to shift customer share and drive engagement across customer segments and life stages. Grew incremental promotions revenue from $150M to $275M annually on a base of $2.5B gross revenues.
ORGANIZATIONAL CAPABILITIES: Proven ability to build high-performance teams. Managed team of 14 located in DC and globally. Grew team from 3 associates to 14.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT & OWNER RELATIONS
Managed the program's financial health while balancing member and owner needs. $2.4B program liability.
Promoted from Director to Sr. Director in 2010. From October 2006 to Present (9 years 3 months) Sr. Director, Marriott Rewards and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, Asia Pacific @ One year special assignment from July 2011 to July 2012.
• Relocated for one year to Hong Kong to spearhead the three-year Marriott Rewards and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Growth Strategies for Asia Pacific. Chinese membership increased 85% in one year.
• Led the cross-functional, cross-continental steering committee for the Rewards Program Task Force.
• Negotiated an industry-first partnership with Ctrip, the largest Chinese OTA with 40M+ Chinese members.
• Co-led with Operations counterpart the development and implementation of the new Marriott Rewards on-property service strategy based on customer research.
• Developed and led qualitative customer research in China and India to gain consumer insights and adapt the programs to meet consumer needs. From July 2011 to July 2012 (1 year 1 month) Hong KongDirector, Global Development Marketing and Communications @ Developed and implemented Lodging Development global marketing plan including collateral, advertisements, website, intranet site, speeches, owner/franchise communications, and investment conferences.
• Presented strategy and budget to executive vice presidents to build consensus and secure funding.
• Created and presented deal-specific presentations to prospective owners/franchisees to assist in the closing of management/franchisee agreements.
• Led the marketing team and agencies providing services to seven executive vice presidents globally.
• Four-time recipient: Adrian Awards - Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International.
• Promoted from Manager to Sr. Manager in 2003. Promoted to Director in 2005. From October 2002 to October 2007 (5 years 1 month) Marketing Director @ Pioneered the company’s first marketing department. Managed all aspects of marketing and communications. From September 2001 to October 2002 (1 year 2 months) Summer Associate - MBA @ From May 2001 to August 2001 (4 months) Strategic Planning and Marketing Manager @ Part-time consultant while pursuing MBA full-time. From December 2000 to May 2001 (6 months) Sr. Usability Engineer @ • Played a key role in securing PC Magazine’s Best of 1998 product award.
• Managed development of product features through concept, testing, pilot, and implementation.
• Researched customer needs through ethnographic research, heuristic models, and usability tests. Translated results into product requirements, new product features, and market segmentations.
• Designed web-based software interfaces.
• Promoted to Senior Usability Engineer in 1998. From June 1997 to June 1999 (2 years 1 month)
MBA @ Vanderbilt University - Owen Graduate School of Management From 1999 to 2001 Bachelor's degree, Professional, Technical, Business, and Scientific Writing @ Carnegie Mellon University From 1993 to 1997 Anna Lorch is skilled in: Customer Relationship Marketing, Strategy Development & Execution, Brand Strategy and Positioning, Internal & External Communications, Cross-Cultural / Global Leadership, Complex Project Management, Market Research / Customer Insights, Global Marketing Strategy, Owner and Franchise Relations, Promotions & Direct Marketing, Marketing Communications, Partnerships & Contract Negotiations, Organizational Design, Positioning, Direct Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension