Global Intercompany Compliance Analyst @ Weatherford International
Bachelor's degree, Accounting; Accountancy @
University of Houston
Executive Search Consultant @ Aevum Executive Search is a Professional Search Firm with high specialization and deep focus in Accounting and Finance. Houston-based with partnerships in major cities across the United States, we are CPAs and professionals with previous experience and exposure in public accounting and industry. We serve clients from the largest corporations to emerging growth
Executive Search Consultant @ Aevum Executive Search is a Professional Search Firm with high specialization and deep focus in Accounting and Finance. Houston-based with partnerships in major cities across the United States, we are CPAs and professionals with previous experience and exposure in public accounting and industry. We serve clients from the largest corporations to emerging growth companies, family and private-equity controlled entities, government and regulatory bodies, and educational and cultural organizations for all professional levels from C-level executives to clericals.
Leveraging market knowledge and industry expertise, our singular commitment is to bring critical insights to our clients and deliver on their human capital and leadership needs while contribute to candidates’ career development based on in-depth assessment of personal interest and suitability for any given position.
aevumexecutivesearch.com From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Houston, Texas AreaSearch Consultant @ Solomon Edwards is a national professional services firm that offers customized and combined solution of talent, expertise and experience to help clients achieve their business objectives.
The Houston office specializes in professional search within Accounting and Finance and has established relationship with both publicly traded and privately held companies across various industries as well as several highly regarded public accounting firms. From September 2014 to May 2015 (9 months) Houston, Texas AreaGlobal Intercompany Compliance Analyst @ • Monitored Intercompany Asset Transfer activity to ensure it is billed in accordance with company policy
• Monitored P&L IC Charges (IC Royalty fees, IC Management fees, IC Interest, etc.) to ensure it is recorded in accordance with company policy
• Ensured Intercompany Asset Transfer and P&L IC Charges mismatches are resolved in a timely manner for month/quarter/year end close
• Interpreted and applied Intercompany Policy to settle disputes
• Coordinated with the Field to ensure that all disputes are recorded/resolved timely and verified corrections are made in the general ledger
• Identified issues/inefficiencies, recommended and implemented changes/improvements to existing processes at corporate/consolidation and regional/field level
• Promoted process documentation and cross training initiatives within department
• Prepared and edited instructional material/guideline and communication for global distribution
• Drafted and held trainings and presentations to regional accounting representatives
• Reviewed and tested changes to the reporting system to validate integrity of the financial results are maintained
• Assisted with special projects as requested From August 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 1 month) Financial Accountant @ • Completed massive clean- up of all 2 1/2-year old balance sheet account reconciliation schedules six months into the position
• Discovered through analysis of prepaid accounts BPWind's entitlement of refunds on cancelled wind projects then initiated and led up effort to collect these fund paid out to outside consulting services, resulting in recovery of 10M.
• Initiated and completed/resolved 7 pending issues/projects, increasing efficiency, correcting/ preventing/reducing errors, and improving/streamlining processes
• Lead back office month/quarter/year-end close
• Ensure proper recording of day to day transactions, including cash, correction, reclass & month end JEs including accruals such as payroll, bonus, loan interest, prepaid & investment amortization
• Prepare and analyze account reconciliation for cash, inventory, A/R, prepaid, investment, fixed asset and related depreciation, AUC, goodwill, intangible, intercompany, JV rec/pay, A/P, accruals, bonus, LT loan
• Analyze transactions to the accounts above to determine the transactions’ appropriateness and legitimacy according to general accounting standard, industry & company-specific accounting policy, propose necessary reclass/correction JEs, instruct Procurement to correct the related Purchase Orders (POs) and train requisitioners to use correct GL account coding for future POs
• Research and investigate to propose accounting treatment/journal entry to new transactions and correction to old transactions
• Responsible for Fixed Assets, related depreciation, conduct research and investigation to make sure capitalization is legitimate, correct in amount, category and belongs to right projects and propose correction JEs if needed
• Work with legal team to compile and update legal expense forecast, budget and accrual
• Work with Land & Development and Procurement Group to gather risk report on suppliers and counterparties to be submitted to headquarter in London. From March 2011 to July 2013 (2 years 5 months) Audit Associate @ • Engaged in interim and year-end financial statement audits of private and SEC clients in Oil & Gas and Manufacturing industry
• Performed 404 SOX internal control test work on a public client with minimal supervision
• Performed substantive audit procedures, analytics and prepared documents detailing audit evidence in areas of audit planning, risk assessment, reporting, 10-K/10Q tie-outs in addition to performing researches on fundamental issues using online tools.
• Assigned and completed under budget audit of Cash, Inventory, Account Receivable, Prepaid, Fixed Asset, Depletion, Depreciation & Amortization, Reserve Report, Account Payable, Debt, Accrual, Selling, General &Administrative expense and general income statement accounts with proper and complete audit documentation From November 2008 to April 2009 (6 months) Accounting Intern @ • Played a significant role in assisting with completion of 2006 year-end audit by Deloitte 2 weeks before anticipated deadline
• Entrusted by controller to take lead in cost allocation projects, working closely with all departments’ heads in preparation for company-wide’s 2nd quarter budget
• Selected by assistant controller to discuss, collaborate with legal counselors, account payable, treasury, and granted discretion to write off bad debts under $10,000
• Prepared monthly bank reconciliations
• Received and matched invoices into general ledger for subsequent payments From January 2007 to May 2007 (5 months)
Master of Science in Accountancy, Accounting @ University of Houston From 2007 to 2008 Bachelor's degree, Accounting; Accountancy @ University of Houston From 2004 to 2007 Anh Pham, CPA is skilled in: HFM, Oracle, SAP, GAAP, SOX, Audit, Accounting, Reconciliation, Month-end close, JE, Intercompany, Financial Reporting, Account Coding, Fixed Asset, Capital project, Budget, Variance analysis, Accounting, Account Reconciliation, Auditing, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Internal Controls, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Finance, Bank Reconciliation, Accruals
Looking for a different
Anh Pham, CPA?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension