MA in Teaching, Social Studies (Grade 5-12) @
Western Governors University
Angeline has 10 years experience in strategy, marketing, communications, and business roles, working in a variety of industries and companies - including public, private, and non profit. She has worked at Microsoft for the past 7 years on Windows Holographic and Hololens, Kinect, XBox, and new incubations. She is responsible for program and portfolio strategy for devices
Angeline has 10 years experience in strategy, marketing, communications, and business roles, working in a variety of industries and companies - including public, private, and non profit. She has worked at Microsoft for the past 7 years on Windows Holographic and Hololens, Kinect, XBox, and new incubations. She is responsible for program and portfolio strategy for devices and software
Director of Strategy @ * Thought leader for portfolio, program strategy and roadmap for Microsoft Holographic computing and Hololens since inception
* Responsible for helping the leadership team identify and assess the highest priority opportunities
* Making executive-ready recommendations, and gain alignment and support through effective influence and presentation.
* Understanding the impact of the consumer, competition, market and trends on the program From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Senior Strategy and Research Manager @ Guide strategy for new incubation content and portfolio (Microsoft Hololens)
In addition, responsible for providing market opportunity analysis, monitoring competitive and industry landscape, running research help desk. Manage a small team of employees and vendors. From January 2012 to August 2014 (2 years 8 months) Partner @ Founded an indie game development studio in partnership with Christian Allen. Responsible for business strategy and management. From 2012 to February 2014 (2 years) Senior Business Development Manager @ Responsible for business strategy and management for several internal development studios launching Kinect
* Kinect launch portfolio strategy
* Competitive research and market opportunity analysis
* Studio financials and contract management
* Liason with marketing, advertising, and legal
* Involved with: Kinect Fun Labs, Kinect Adventures, Kinectimals, Star Wars, From February 2009 to December 2011 (2 years 11 months) Franchise Development Manager @ • Responsible for franchise strategy and product planning for Age of Empires and Microsoft Zoo franchises
• Worked with finance, HR, Marketing, legal, and production team.
• Responsible for games $20 million P&L and setting budgets
• Worked with business development and legal on developer-publisher agreements and oversee
• Managed licensing and external partners to create ancillary products.
• Conducted research and genre analysis to help senior management make portfolio decisions From November 2007 to January 2009 (1 year 3 months) Freelance Writer @ Provided research, writing, and general consulting for annual research report From August 2007 to October 2007 (3 months) International Brand Manager @ • Performed strategic market analysis and presented key findings to Ubisoft top management at various milestones.
• Identified, tracked, and analyzed competitive video game products within genre.
• Guardian of the brand identity and its evolution through development for associated games.
• Worked with game creative director and producer to determine feature marketability and consumer-orientation of product.
• Developed and communicated worldwide marketing strategy and position of product.
• Responsible for multi-platform planning and release timing
• Translated and communicated publisher brand goals and standards to development team and studio and facilitated execution and presentation of the elements for milestone presentations
• Collaborated with various development studios and departments in France, Canada, China, UK, and the US to execute AAA level products
• Managed marketing artist team at development studio and oversaw production of creative multimedia art assets for press and retail
• Planned and coordinated in game advertising efforts, identified new revenue streams, and coordinated downloadable content efforts on X360 Marketplace.
• Planned and conducted qualitative and quantitative research efforts with surveys and focus groups, and conducted internal and external data stat tracking and analysis
• Interfaced between production team and marketing groups as spokesperson of the marketing communication strategy.
• Organized development and presentation of the product to internal or external clients.
• Ensured the collection and diffusion of market and competitors information.
• Made recommendations on marketable areas of the games, ways for conveying product plans and marketing objectives, created or suggested new vehicles for communicating to consumers
• In charge of planning and approvals for schedules/budget/press versions validation/deliverables From August 2004 to August 2007 (3 years 1 month) Strategic Services Manager @ • Facilitated project scope, kickoff, and brainstorming sessions; organized and led business development and project pitch sessions
• Managed the schedule and budget for several projects including: website development, focus groups, meeting facilitation, communications strategy, and documentation
• Generated new service and market ideas and created a marketing strategic plan for the region
• Created and implemented a set of business development and marketing processes for the region, in addition to marketing job tracking, merchandise creation and ordering, new collateral, and a competitive audit
• Responsible for monthly and quarterly tracking and reporting of business development and marketing status with prospective clients for upper management From February 2003 to August 2004 (1 year 7 months) Public Information Officer @ • Concept-to-completion public information, involvement, and education on over 60 flood control projects. Coordinated daily with local, state, and federal agencies on flood control issues and projects and 30-50 personnel.
• Managed a graphic design and web development team, to create a cutting edge government agency site that received numerous commendations
• Assisted with the management of the Public Information Office, by creating budgets, making work assignments and review of three employees; creating the office strategic plan, creating an office Standard Operating Procedures Manual, and creating performance goals.
• Responsible for meeting project requests from all departments, defining task scope, holding kickoff meetings, creating schedules, assigning work and shepherding projects through final delivery using both internal and external resources From January 2002 to March 2003 (1 year 3 months) Phoenix, Arizona AreaCommunications Director @ • Produced and coordinated all Chamber communications and public relations efforts
• Wrote and developed marketing materials, collateral, and sponsorship agreements for all Chamber events and programs. Produced and wrote newsletters, brochures, programs, and press releases. Designed, developed, and maintained Chamber website and provided updated information daily
• Worked as on-site event coordinator for press events, managing vendors, site set-up, etc.
• Developed and executed 2-year marketing strategy plan and membership development plans, which resulted in a 50 percent increase in membership sales and increased direct sales information requests by 25 percent From May 1999 to August 2001 (2 years 4 months) Anchorage, Alaska AreaNewsroom Assistant & Managing Editor @ Part-time paid position as Newsroom Assistant, responsible for assisting the Journalism Professor with organization, filing, class preparation, etc,
Voluntary position as Staff Writer, later Managing Editor of IVC award winning newspaper "The Voice." Won several awards for writing and design. Covered the city council, college board, and student government beats. From May 1996 to September 1997 (1 year 5 months)
Teachers Certificate (Grade 5-12), Social Studies @ Western Governors University From 2014 to 2015 MBA, Marketing @ Strayer University From 2003 to 2006 BA, Communications/Journalism & American Studies @ California State University-Fullerton From 1997 to 1999 AA, Journalism @ Irvine Valley College From 1996 to 1997 American Studies @ The University of Hull From 1994 to 1995 O & A Levels @ Burleigh College, UK From 1989 to 1993 Angeline Fowler is skilled in: Business Strategy, Business Analysis, Market Research, Business Management, Strategic Planning, Research, Product Development, Market Analysis, Business Intelligence, Marketing Communications, Annual Reports, Writing, Newsletters, Non-profits, Journalism
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension