Committee Member @ London Playing Fields Foundation
After working as Marketing Executive at Zoggs International Ltd, the opportunity came for me to work with the Lions Tour of 2013 in a new joint venture, run by the British and Irish Lions and Mike Burton. I have since started working across all three businesses as one of two marketing managers, for Mike Burton Corporate Hospitality,
After working as Marketing Executive at Zoggs International Ltd, the opportunity came for me to work with the Lions Tour of 2013 in a new joint venture, run by the British and Irish Lions and Mike Burton. I have since started working across all three businesses as one of two marketing managers, for Mike Burton Corporate Hospitality, England Rugby Travel and Lions Rugby Travel. My areas of specialism for the business are Digital, Campaigns and Partnerships.
I graduated with a 2.1 degree in BA (Hons) Marketing at Bristol Business School, and am currently undertaking the IDM Diploma in Direct and Digital Marketing.
Specialties: Sports marketing, creation of marketing plans, customer relations, decision making, leadership, management, reports, statistics, telephone skills, web site maintenance. I take great pride in my ability to speak and write English in a formal manner. I can also speak French to an above average standard, and can speak basic Russian.
Sports and Box Customer Marketing Manager @ From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Marketing Manager @ Mike Burton Corporate Hospitality and England Rugby Travel
• Creating and managing the tender processes for the ERT website and social media strategies
• Implementation of the appointment and on-going delivery of the new digital strategies
• Developing and understanding the entire digital customer journey
• Planning and developing the Rugby World Cup marketing plan and budgets
• Reworking the ERT brand to ensure it is aligned with England Rugby in all environments
• Identifying target markets and delivering new product against requirements
• Identifying new partnership opportunities
Lions Rugby Travel
• Developing, launching and maintaining the Lions Rugby Travel brand and website, including brand, video and visual guidelines (www.lionstour.com) delivering a significant value of sales
• Managing a substantial budget effectively, across a number of different marketing channels
• Creating, developing, executing and reporting on marketing plans for The British & Irish Lions Official Travel Company, selling supporter tours to Australia in 2013
• Review and amendment of the email marketing strategy, including the level of segmentation, message delivery and content for each campaign
• Working with agencies to develop PPC, SEO, email and website strategies
• Monitoring the number of sales from each marketing channel and tailoring activity to that
• Developing a range of new packages with the sales team to fill gaps in the market place
• Working on relationships with all stakeholders of The British & Irish Lions, including sponsors, media partners, internal and external parties
• Delivering sponsor requirements in line with the travel programme
• Creating, developing, executing and reporting on creative, marketing, campaigns and delivery of the official lunch and dinner series of The Lions Tour – HSBC Legends Of The Lions
• Branding, collateral and overall experience of all pre- and on-Tour events From June 2011 to October 2014 (3 years 5 months) Marketing Executive @ Responsible for marketing of the leisure side of the business, working with operators around the country for Zoggs UK in this industry.
Developed the marketing plans, materials and strategy across the leisure sector of Zoggs UK. I also undertook the strategy, implementation and evaluation of social media campaigns, providing best practice documents for other markets.
Helping to reshape the Zoggs digital marketing plans, looking at possible ways of improving communications, and increasing traffic to Zoggs main website and online shop.
Update news content of the website. From July 2010 to June 2011 (1 year) Freelance @ Creation of parts of the sales and awareness strategy for both Game On at the O2 (2009), and the Summer Tour in 2010. From July 2010 to July 2010 (1 month) Undergraduate Marketing Executive @ Maintain the marketing campaign for the Pacific Islanders match, including budgeting.
Maintain the marketing campaign for the Nomura Varsity Match, including the organization of the viral for the match and managing the budgets for this.
Customer relations and setting budget spend for the Walk of Legends project.
Helping the sponsorship department with day to day duties such as running the players signing session, conduct interviews with players for the Supporters' Clubs and managing sponsorship accounts.
Helping conduct a photo-shoot for new poster campaign with one of our sponsors.
Promoting the Emirates Airlines London Sevens event, the England v Barbarians match and the England v Italy RBS 6 Nations match.
Helping to organize the installation of the new perimeter boards
Commercial contact for The Big Game at Twickenham Stadium and the Heineken Cup match between Wasps and Leinster.
Successful launch and maintenance of Official England Rugby Facebook Fan Page, recruiting over 4,000 members ahead of target. From June 2008 to July 2009 (1 year 2 months) Intern @ • Prospective marketing plans for Lions membership packs, and ERSC membership scheme.
• Created e-flyer design for a one off mailer for Athletics Weekly, and e-zine for Lions members
• Researched other membership schemes to create best practice document for Everton, as well as asked to think about branding of Junior Supporters Club
• Calling professional sports organizations, to talk about Volunteer England membership scheme, and to gain correct contact details to forward info and build member numbers
• Create a database of all Football League clubs, with key contacts within the industry, and what CRM and ticketing systems they use From June 2009 to June 2009 (1 month) Marketing Assistant (Placement) @ Activities Undertaken:
Formatted Powerpoint documents of Orange coverage of Glastonbury Festival
Read through coverage of Amir Khan's title fight, scanned in images and coverage, researched online coverage and calculated the AVE value of print using Gorkana and Mediadisk. This document was then sent to Reebok as part of their sponsorship deal.
Corrected transcript of Arsene Wenger and formatted into standardized English
Selected images for media "tool kits" for Castrol branding
Collated images for 1-goal project using Getty Images and critiqued the 1-goal website
Helped sort, source and distribute kit for Coke Zero: Wayne Rooney's Street Striker
Researched for a possible new football player ranking system From May 2009 to May 2009 (1 month) Senior Sales Assistant + Warehouse Assistant @ Effective Communication With Customers and Other Members Of Staff Via Telephone and Face to Face Interaction
Cashing Up, Training Staff, Ticket Printing, Putting Out Orders, Stocktaking and Collecting Orders and Delivering Them To The Correct Stores
Distributing Leaflets In Town Centre and Working The Crowd At Local Events From October 2003 to June 2007 (3 years 9 months) Placement @ From 2004 to 2004 (less than a year)
BA Honours, Marketing; @ University of the West of England From 2006 to 2010 GCSE's - 8 A's and 2 B's @ Northgate High School Ipswich From 1999 to 2006 Andrew Slater is skilled in: Marketing, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Sports Marketing, Sponsorship, Email Marketing, Sponsorship Activation, Marketing Strategy, CRM, Travel Marketing, Facebook, Public Relations, Management, Integrated Marketing, Event Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension