Enterprise System Engineer (Contract) @ Alaska Airlines
I am an avid information technology aficionado. I design and implement technology solutions for business professionals so they can efficiently leverage their resources and focus on what matters most. Currently I am a System Administrator for Snoqualmie Casino, near North Bend Washington. In this role, I maintain and improve the company’s IT infrastructure, as well as implement
I am an avid information technology aficionado. I design and implement technology solutions for business professionals so they can efficiently leverage their resources and focus on what matters most. Currently I am a System Administrator for Snoqualmie Casino, near North Bend Washington. In this role, I maintain and improve the company’s IT infrastructure, as well as implement new services and applications that our users need.
Our most exciting work to date was implementing a set of 17 guest facing kiosks that generated enormous buzz around our 5th year anniversary in 2013. We found the task of implementing the required hardware, software, and connectivity very enjoyable and quite rewarding. While I enjoy all aspects of my job, my favorite stage of a project is working with the user or department leader to understand his or her objectives. As we go through that collaborative process, the ideas start to flow and that’s always very fun.
I am currently working on my Bachelors of Science, Information Technology from Western Governors University and will be graduating in 2015.
I'm always looking for a new problem to solve, so if you've got a challenge you need a hand with, feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]
Sr. Infrastructure Automation Engineer @ From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Greater Seattle AreaEnterprise System Engineer (Contract) @ From December 2014 to June 2015 (7 months) System Administrator @ My responsibilities include the day to day maintenance and improvement of the Snoqualmie Casino IT infrastructure. Some these systems include VMware Virtual Environment, Nimble SANs, Avaya Switches and Routers, Aruba Wifi, Cisco Firewalls, Cisco Ironport Appliances, CommVault Backups, Active Directory, Microsoft Server 2003, Microsoft Server 2008, Microsoft Server 2012, as well as several other miscellaneous systems and services.
• 90% of all physical services have been virtualized.
• Aruba Wireless rebuilt and optimized.
• Implemented SCCM 2012 to property.
• Racked and configured over half of the VMware hosts on property.
• Configured Commvault backups and tape management for all data assets.
• Cleaned up Active Directory and Group Policy Objects.
• Apple Macintosh AD implementation.
• Implemented Polycom HDX telepresence. From May 2012 to December 2014 (2 years 8 months) IT Consultant @ My responsibilities included providing IT implementation and break fix solutions for small to medium sized businesses as well as home users.
• Design configure complete IT solutions for 50+ users, including all network, server and workstations.
• Remote administration and break fix
• Data Recovery Services
• IT Security Audits
• Refurbishment and rework of PC components such as GPUs and motherboards.
• Service of specialized systems such as CNC machines, and Seismographs. From June 2009 to May 2012 (3 years) Lead Firedog Technician @ My responsibilities included managing the Firedog IT service department at the flagship Circuit City in Maple Grove Minnesota. Some of the tasks included hiring and training new technicians, scheduling employees, providing both in-store and on-site repair services, and meeting monthly service revenue goals.
• Increased monthly service revenue by over 300%.
• Decreased average repair time over 60%.
• Hired 2 new technicians with new increased revenue.
• Worked with central repair center to clear entire warranty repair backlog.
• Introduced procedures and tools that increased over all productivity and effectiveness. From September 2008 to March 2009 (7 months) Electronics Specialist @ My responsibilities included providing in store troubleshooting, minor repair, and sale of PCs, Laptops, Printers and other related products.
• Prevented loss of over 1000 shop lifted items.
• Designed and implemented monitor display system and content. From November 2007 to July 2008 (9 months)
Bachelor of Science (BS), Information Technology – Security @ Western Governors University From 2011 to 2015 Andrew Morris is skilled in: Firewalls, Network Administration, Computer Security, Network Security, Printers, Wireless Networking, Computer Hardware, Security, VPN, Computer Repair, Data Recovery, Computer Maintenance, Mobile Communications, System Administration, Routers
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension