Finance and Strategy Director Europe and Africa Lubricants -BP @ BP
Regional Finance Director -Asia and Pacific Lubricants @ BP
Lubricants Global Finance Director Supply Chain and Global Functions @ BP
A strategic and influential Finance Director with a commercially driven approach to strategy & delivery. I consider myself first and foremost a business leader with demonstrable experience of successful Finance leadership. Working closely with senior business leaders I engage in and contribute to the business debate, whilst challenging and supporting leaders to consider the Financial implications of
A strategic and influential Finance Director with a commercially driven approach to strategy & delivery. I consider myself first and foremost a business leader with demonstrable experience of successful Finance leadership. Working closely with senior business leaders I engage in and contribute to the business debate, whilst challenging and supporting leaders to consider the Financial implications of business plans and decision making. I lead teams to achieve stretching financial goals .I am especially skilled in unlocking cash for the business.
Regional Finance Director -Asia and Pacific Lubricants @ BP PLC: Lubricants SPU –Asia and Pacific Finance Director (2Q 12 - )
-200 staff in team ,$multi billion T’over , growth region
• Capability drive amongst team –outsourcing of non core activities
• Implementation of new MI system –rapid decisions
• Release of $150m trapped cash
• Implemented MI reduction program
• Business partnership role –achievement of Profit and cash targets 12
• Strategic planning
• On boards of India , Vietnam , Singapore and Malayisa
• Inorganic reviews –M+A program
• CFO accelerator program
• Set zero targets for overdues and agents to drive CI .
Attended Wharton Management -USA school for strategic finance training From June 2012 to Present (3 years 7 months) SingaporeLubricants Global Finance Director Supply Chain and Global Functions @ Global supply chain -31 manufacturing plants , 2500 employees , OWC $1bn From November 2010 to June 2012 (1 year 8 months) Swindon, United KingdomFinance Manager -Lubricants SPU -BP plc @ BP PLC: Lubricants SPU (4Q 2007 -2Q 12 )
Global performance, Planning and reporting Manager –
-$8.7bn T’over, ROACE 58 % , 8500 employees $1bn Profit.
• Three record years in profit and improving Roace % each year
• Responsible for all financial reporting for Division
• Global convenor Performance managers
• Global MI process owner –all MI across the globe
• Strategy tracking v agreed targets
• Rationalisation (redundancy ) spend control $0.25bn
• Investment business case review
• Annual plan reviews with Global regions and functions
• Member of global finance leadership team
• MI and reporting for the global business –new MI and MI book
• Performance management of the Profit ,OWC and cash flow for the SPU
• Leading implementation of new financial and reporting system across the globe –SAPBPC –Chair of SAP sig group
• Led working capital improvement project –reduction in ccc days from 86 to 59 and sustainable OWC release of $0.5bn From April 2008 to August 2010 (2 years 5 months) Swindon, United KingdomEurope Regional Performance and Planning Manager @ BP PLC: Lubricants SPU: Europe Operating Unit (2004-2007)
Performance Reporting and Forecasting manager Europe
• $1.7bn T’over,$500m assets , 2000 employees , 44 countries, ROS 18%
• Number two in the finance team –total finance headcount 250
• Developed, and maintained new and innovative ways of looking at performance of the business e.g. mats, roy, yoy
• Coach the Regional Leadership Team and FC&A community about the performance of the business.
• Accountable for all management information , reporting and forecasting for the region
• Performance management for the region – identifying areas of underperformance and establishing plans to get them back on track with local and regional management
• Team of 5 direct reports ,functional reports of 70 ,cost base $5m
• Lead all planning for the business –annual operating plans using unique planning tools and applying equal stretch to all parts of the organisation
• Project led introduction of new planning and forecasting system -bps
• Convenor of a network of Global performance managers –to drive global agenda of standardisation, simplification and also to apply performance lense to specific countries globally.
• HSSE champion for the FC&A function across Europe
• Diversity and inclusion tag for the FC&A function across Europe From September 2004 to July 2008 (3 years 11 months) Swindon, United KingdomBP lubricants -Castrol Europe Division -Senior Strategy Analyst @ 3Q -2002-1 Q 2004
Senior Strategy Analyst –Europe Lubes
• Led a Pan European Financing project team (of 12 people from three countries and various specialist functions with support from external lawyers) extensive work with Ernst and Young and Pannel Kerr Foster) to provide an innovative off balance sheet Funding solution for Europe for Customer Financing –Current value being $250m.
o I developed an industry unique solution to Dealer Financing, which involves all new loans being off balance sheet whilst maintaining the company’s gross margins. This solution should enable BP to break away from the competition.
o I negotiated a $275m facility with a leading Global Bank, covering all parts of Europe. This involved running a tender process involving 16 banks. And negotiation of the facility with the chosen bank
o I developed a BP leading standard evaluation methodology and risk assessment framework for dealer loans, which I subsequently rolled out across Europe via a series of workshops .I also led a workshop for our US business in New York.
o I was able to unravel existing financing solutions with existing banks
• Working with colleagues in Germany and Group legal we successfully lobbied the European Commission to issue a “Comfort Letter “ on some recently issued Motor Manufacturers Block Exemption legislation, which gives BP an exemption to the legislation. This work is unique and involved extensive work with Linklaters, meeting and lobbying the commission both with written submissions and face-to-face meetings. From October 2002 to November 2004 (2 years 2 months) Swindon, United KingdomFinance Manager -Castrol UK and Ireland @ 1997-2002
Finance and Performance Manager (Castrol Consumer UK & Ireland) $150m turnover: Net Assets of $80m,Net income $26m, 11 in my team
• Financial control - Profit, Loss Account and Balance Sheet. Monthly accounts with relevant KPI ’s –My role was not just about reporting .The roll was all about active performance management .I have hands on business analysis skills which allows me to question and proactively challenge using insightful business analysis the various parts of the business to deliver enhanced financial results.
• Working Capital management. - negative working capital
Due to strong control over debtors, stocks and trade finance.
• Commercial management (pricing control; substantial business proposals involving trade finance ($20m annually)). Presenting and preparing of all business trade finance proposals; leading on all significant contract negotiations.
• Direct cost savings achieved $1m in one year
• Disposal of non-core assets, part of worldwide team to generate extra cash through disposal of assets.
• Three record years in profit. UK business. Cost and revenue improvement plans written and implemented.
• Trade loans new approach and controls introduced; trade loan portfolio sold to third party bank for $15 million. This was an innovative financing deal with a major international bank.
• Introduction of monthly, weekly and daily key performance indicators to drive business improvement and challenge under performance
• Strategic and annual budget plans prepared
• Negotiated commercial contracts at board level with UK plc’s
• Negotiated an outsourcing project; reducing head count by 12% and saving $1.5m (over three years)
• European pricing manager -project -1999 and yr 2000 to suggest prices Europe wide to protect against Euro convergence. Established an Internet based system to manage the data. And implemented European minimum prices for all products.
• From November 1997 to June 2002 (4 years 8 months) Swindon, United KingdomRegional Management Accountant @ WHITBREAD (SEVERN INNS) 1995-1997 (Part of Whitbread plc)
T’over £105m; 4000 employees; £145m of assets
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT (11 in my team)
• Operational profit improvement plans successfully implemented
• Complete redesign of internal and divisional reports, both weekly and monthly, to improve control; balance sheet and profit reconciliation’s, taken as best practice and rolled out across £1 billion turnover division.
• Provision of high quality relevant analysis which influenced decision making and improved profit and ROCE levels
• Capital appraisal (£35m new builds) Travel Inns and Brewers Fayre
• Technical prize for Whitbread PLC
• Recruited and developed new members of the team
• The team introduced new customer service standards with our internal customers to deliver better levels of service. From April 1995 to October 1997 (2 years 7 months) Financial Controller @ UNITED NEWS AND MEDIA plc 1993-1995
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER (UPN Wales) (26 in my team)
Turnover £20 m; 400 employees
• Integrated 4 accounting operations into one, post two acquisitions
• Reduced debtor days from 77 to 53,saving>£1m in cash
• Introduction of working capital procedures
• Established financial control over all aspects of the business, “saving “ the statutory accounts from being qualified
• Expenditure reduction plans formulated and implemented
• Introduced accounting control into the operation across all the businesses
• Member of senior management team-attendance at board meetings From February 1993 to March 1995 (2 years 2 months) Senior Management Accountant @ Leasing and Contract Hire Company
• Introduced new income stream into the company (Finance income)
• Integration of acquisitions (£26m purchase) –accounting operations
• New company wide systems introduced –end of contract procedures
• Profit improvement plans implemented-cost reduction program
• Reported on earn out to holding company. From January 1991 to February 1993 (2 years 2 months) Bristol, United KingdomChartered Accountant @ • Extensive audit experience gained on all sizes of business
• Commercial internal audit reports written
• Secondment into the Insolvency department
• Responsible for the completion accounts on MBO (£25m)
• Statutory accounts Board reports and management letters issued
• Responsible for up to 11 team members on the larger audits. From September 1986 to January 1991 (4 years 5 months) Bristol, United Kingdom
BSC Economics/Econ History @ Bristol University From 1983 to 1986 Bolton School From 1976 to 1983 Andrew Moore is skilled in: Energy, Change Management, Business Transformation, Business Strategy, Business Process Improvement, Financial Modeling, SAP, Managerial Finance, Financial Analysis, Business Planning, Corporate Finance, Financial Reporting, Restructuring, Due Diligence, Strategy, Forecasting, Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension