BSA, Business Management @
Dallas Baptist University
Strategic Workforce Planning and Workforce Analytics expert with over two decades in global BioPharma, Energy, Telecom, Financial Services, Consulting, and SaaS firms. A certified Human Capital Strategist (HCS), Strategic Workforce Planner (SWP), and MBA, I leverage my experience spanning all functions and levels of HR, Learning and Development, and Business Analytics, to maximize diversified and internationally disparate
Strategic Workforce Planning and Workforce Analytics expert with over two decades in global BioPharma, Energy, Telecom, Financial Services, Consulting, and SaaS firms. A certified Human Capital Strategist (HCS), Strategic Workforce Planner (SWP), and MBA, I leverage my experience spanning all functions and levels of HR, Learning and Development, and Business Analytics, to maximize diversified and internationally disparate organizations' ability to execute on business strategy.
I build and evolve Strategic Workforce Planning and Workforce Analytics teams, systems, and processes, integrate them with financial and operational functions, and embed them within talent and HR programs. I am an architect for Centers of Expertise/Excellence, a cartographer for the data-driven journey toward HR enlightenment, an agent of change, an advanced analyst, and a SAAS application expert.
STRATEGIC THINKING: Scenario planning, risk mitigation, workforce optimization and other capabilities to define and align HR and talent management strategies to business goals, environment dynamics, forecasts
INSIGHTS: Bringing together disparate information, analyzing, synthesizing, and translating it into a story (including creative visualization techniques) with clear implications and action requirements
DEVELOPMENT – Designing and leading development of individual and organizational skills and competencies in transformation, talent management, analytics and planning
FACILITATION – Designing and managing forums for cross-business leadership to together define business scenarios, model workforce demand, and develop management strategies
DATA SAVVY -- refined business intelligence capabilities: data & reporting strategies, metrics & scorecard design, analytics project definition & management, and technology selection & implementation
I am currently open to networking and seeking challenging consulting projects or career opportunities. Contact: [email protected]
Workforce Analytics Strategic Transformation - Consultant @ Currently leading a strategic transformation effort to refine and optimize Workforce Analytics and Planning practices, processes, systems, and initiatives, with goals of maximizing impact and ROI. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Managing Consultant @ Consultant specializing in Human Capital Strategy, Analytics, and Planning, including HR Operations and Org Effectiveness, Strategic Planning, and Talent Management Systems. Clients include Energy, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Insurance, Healthcare Industries, in both public and private sectors. Delivering in-depth analytical insights, workshops, webinars, collaboration on research, and projects in org effectiveness, talent management, analytics and planning. Also presenting at conferences, and serving on several subject matter-specific councils and advisory boards. From 2012 to Present (3 years) Leader - Talent Insights @ Amgen is a science-based leader in Biopharmaceuticals, growing worldwide with a deep pipeline of therapies that make life longer and better for patients. Here, I've enhanced HR's analytical activities and built a foundation for strategic workforce planning, modeling, forecasting, and I lead the team responsible for delivering workforce intelligence.
By enabling the HR function's leaders and business partners to leverage data and insights to have more meaningful discussions on talent, productivity, performance, and alignment, my team has achieved its goal of strengthen the link from HR and talent activities through data-driven decision making and integration of business, financial, and people analytics. From 2012 to 2014 (2 years) Leader - Talent Planning, Analytics, and HR Systems @ Head of function responsible for deployment and management of workforce/talent systems, including core HRMS (SAP), applicant tracking (Taleo), succession planning, organization modeling and charting, reporting, analytics, and planning.
Developed strategic systems, analytics, and planning roadmap specifically to be integrated with financial/capital and IT roadmaps and models, including integration and enhancement of data for international business units. Led or supported business process and data improvement efforts.
Designed strategic workforce planning framework for firm's current state, with scalable three-year plan of evolution. Reported on key Human Capital indicators, risks, and ROI. From 2011 to 2012 (1 year) Senior Consultant - Strategic Workforce Planning and Analytics @ INFOHRM was the global leader in workforce planning, workforce reporting, and workforce analytics -- leveraging deep expertise on human capital strategy and technology to deliver leading edge metrics technology, strategic and analytics consulting, and the best learning experiences in the industry. SuccessFactors acquired Infohrm in 2010.
- Manage a portfolio of clients in a broad range of organization sizes, types, global regions, and industries
- Oversee delivery of consulting, technical, and reporting services, covering strategy and tactics, to leaders in operations, finance, and HR
- enhanced responsibilities and rewards for securing recurring revenue and upsells with 10+ existing Enterprise-scale* clients (*10k+ employees, revenues of $1B+).
- Implement workforce planning for small firms or global corporations of $10+B
- Develop roadmaps for a Workforce Analytics & Planning Center of Expertise/Excellence
- Apply advanced analytics techniques and technology to enhance tasks such as financial gap and "what-if?" scenario modeling
- Perform advanced analytics projects, such as multivariate statistical analysis of talent programs' impact on engagement and productivity, building predictive models for Quality of Hire, Employee Performance, or Turnover Risk
- Facilitate executive and leadership strategic workforce planning activities, including scenario building, planning, future state org design and talent demand mapping
- Run workshops and coach executives on change management From 2008 to 2011 (3 years) AVP - Workforce Analytics @ My Role:
- Establish an HR metrics system to evolve traditional HR to a data-driven HR culture
- Develop and deploy enterprise-wide content, processes, and platform of Workforce-related Scorecards via new web technology
- Develop predictive statistical models for talent acquisition, retention, and management, differentiated and scaled for dozens of internal business units
- Manage highly educated team of high performers charged with:
o Advanced analytics consulting to HR and internal business clients
o In-depth analytics projects resulting in talent management strategies and initiatives
o Publication of human capital-related reports and white papers
o Delivery and management analytical tools to entire organization From 2005 to 2008 (3 years) Sr. Staff Consultant - HR Performance Assurance @ Verizon Communications was the largest copper and broadband Telecom carrier in the United States, with over $65B in revenues and up to 200,000 employees.
- Develop and deliver measurements/metrics for HR and operations, international, and corporate staff functions
- Consult on HR groups’ strategy and performance, providing integrated quarterly HR reports and recommendations to CHRO
- Create analytics processes for strategic workforce issues of focus
- Compile workforce insights into
- Institute HR business process improvements and deliver corporate strategic recommendations on talent management programs and policies.
- Establish performance targets for HR executives
- Manage vendor relationships and processes on major annual and ad hoc benchmarking survey processes (e.g., Saratoga Institute, ASTD, etc)
- Managed $5-10M budget for corporate Employee/Union Relations function
Prior roles included Management Development Trainer, HR Shared Services Specialist, Learning Coordinator, and Mail/Copy Clerk. From 1994 to 2005 (11 years) Specialist - HR Shared Services @ Manage varied projects for centralized HR Shared Services group, including workflow process improvements, employee career path initiatives, job rotational programs. Responsibilities also included call center coaching and counseling, corporate communication, and balanced scorecard management activities. From 1999 to 2001 (2 years)
MBA, Strategy and Entrepreneurship @ Southern Methodist University - Cox School of BusinessBusiness, General Studies @ Fairfield UniversityBSA, Business Management @ Dallas Baptist University Andrew Jacobus is skilled in: Talent Management, Workforce Planning, Change Management, Business Process Improvement, Strategy, Human Resources, Analytics, Program Management, Leadership, Talent Acquisition, Process Improvement, Business Analysis, Management, Organizational Design, Business Intelligence
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension