International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma & High School Diploma @
Guajome Park Academy
Head of Talent @ At Kinnek, we're building bringing small business purchasing and vendor relationships online. Our platform helps places ranging from from restaurants to wineries; microbreweries to bakeries; independent hotels, even small manufacturers and farms save time and money on anything they need to open and operate.. especially the expensive or custom equipment and bulk supplies
Head of Talent @ At Kinnek, we're building bringing small business purchasing and vendor relationships online. Our platform helps places ranging from from restaurants to wineries; microbreweries to bakeries; independent hotels, even small manufacturers and farms save time and money on anything they need to open and operate.. especially the expensive or custom equipment and bulk supplies bought infrequently. And for suppliers of goods and equipment to SMBs, we're building a set of tools to help them bring sales online in a new way, alongside quick communication tools to easily win new business.
With over 4.7 million SMBs in the U.S. spending over $2.2 Trillion annually on equipment and goods, we're undertaking a massive challenge to fundamentally change the way small businesses owners and operators purchase and procure. After proving there's market demand for our platform on both the buyer and supplier side, we've been backed by some of the best investors in New York and Silicon Valley [$20M Series B in 2015; $10M Series A in 2014; $3M Seed in 2012].
We're currently hiring across most teams, including Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Account Management. Joining Kinnek is taking a one-of-a-kind ground floor opportunity to build a company, new tools for a set of really awesome audiences, and making measurable impact on a daily basis. Learn more at http://www.kinnek.com/jointeam/
You can reach out hiring team and founders at [email protected] From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Greater New York City AreaTalent & Recruiting Lead @ Full-cycle recruiting for select roles across Product, Design, Sales, Sales Operations, Account Management, User Support, Marketing, Business Development, and General & Administrative teams in Foursquare's New York office, and generalist Human Resources responsibilities to support management, employees and HR Specialists.
Individually placed over 100 full-time employees and over 30 interns and contractors, including 9 Software Engineering interns.
• Co-built and/or iterated Recruiting and Human Resource processes alongside Management and HR Specialists, including new hire on-boarding & employee exit processes, training & mentorship programs, culture & events programs, (early) performance review processes, as well as various recruiting related processes & special programs
• Partnered with external organizations for employment branding and recruitment, and supported company growth by working closely with Finance, Facilities, IT, and Operations on ad-hoc projects
• Acted as a coach and sounding board for Hiring Managers and Management in people issues and employee relations matters; including performance, rewards, compensation and terminations From August 2011 to October 2014 (3 years 3 months) Recruiting Specialist @ Full-cycle recruiting for Sales, Sales/Ad Operations, International User Operations, as well as various General & Administrative openings across Yelp's San Francisco, New York and Phoenix offices.
Individually placed 180+ employees, and assisted our larger recruiting team in the placement of hundreds of additional hires.
Day-to-day responsibilities included candidate sourcing, in-bound resume screening, informal & formal interviewing (via phone or in-person), strategic job postings, university campus recruiting, offer negotiation/closing, early HR onboarding, and partnering with hiring managers for general requisition strategy & management.
• Spearheaded company's first candidate sourcing initiatives with Indeed, CareerBuilder, Monster, TopPropsect, BranchOut, & niche job publishers
• Administered Yelp's applicant tracking system, Jobvite, and spoke on behalf of Yelp Recruiting at various industry & recruiting events.
• Compiled Yelp's first cross-department cost-per-hire analysis in Microsoft Excel
• Compiled Yelp's first sales employee referral analysis and sales performance comparison, implementing a long-tail rewards program [now defunct] for top referrers in Yelp's Phoenix office, leading social recruiting best practices presentations & enforcing a culture of recruiting within Sales
• Partnered with Sales Training to implement & iterate a formal sales mentorship program, pairing all new hires with seasoned sales reps for the purpose of expediting onboarding, learning & development
• Iterated and led new interviewer trainings, and supported the growth of our pool of interviewers and hiring managers through ongoing coaching
• Assisted in the growth of Yelp's in-house recruiting team from 3 to 11 by training & mentoring new recruiting coordinators, individual contributors & managers
• Continued participation in leadership & professional development activities, including a series of Stanford University professor-led seminars From April 2010 to August 2011 (1 year 5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaAccount Executive @ Full-cycle inside sales to small & medium sized businesses in the SF Bay Area, Boston, Los Angeles, Orange County, Miami and Dallas. Closed at 124% of total quotas from July 2008 through April 2010.
Day-to-day responsibilities included vetting & maintaining a pipeline of 350-550 businesses at any given time, cold calling & guiding business owners (or marketing decision makers) through the Yelp.com website, free tools for businesses, and Yelp's targeted advertising program. I educated business owners on the Yelp product, qualified individual needs & concerns while consistently returning to the value of paid advertising to grow their businesses through Yelp.
I was promoted to an advanced inside sales role (technically "Senior Account Executive") within 12-months, with enhanced responsibilities including a 20% increased sales quota. During this time, I worked collectively with a 'Lead Generator' to increase transaction volume, and was given additional mentorship responsibilities of new sales hires.
• Organized & led New Hire & Veteran trainings focusing on 'Building Rapport' with potential clients (based on the recommendation of my first Sales Manager)
• Developed a 2-on-1 advanced SalesForce training for increased efficiency & the development of daily-use skills (after success in mentoring an assigned New Hire through our CRM)
• Invited into a 'Sales Round Table' to discuss Sales training strategies, sales compensation modeling, & the development of the Account Executive role over time (internally branded as 'Yelp's Sales Development Program').
• Participated in ongoing internal sales & marketing training From July 2008 to April 2010 (1 year 10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaPrograms Advisor (Student) @ Provided initial training and ongoing support to a staff of 16 Resident Assistants in their event programming & community development of 800+ undergraduate students. At the end of my tenure, I was honored with an 'Outstanding Student Leader Award' by the Dean of the University's Office of Student Development for successes, including:
• Liaising with numerous campus organizations focused on LGBT-student issues, as a way of bridging the resources & educational opportunities available to residents.
• Supervising 6 University-wide event committees, working with internal & external vendors, and averaging 150-600 participants per event.
• Serving as an adviser & resource for the completion of 128 Academic, Social, Transitional, & Service or Leadership-based programs to groups of 10-60 student residents; maintaining & enforcing annual programming objectives via manual reporting, excel tracking, and 1:1 mentorship.
• Providing 2 months of additional consultation & assistance in the revision of a 200+ page employment manual, with a focus on explaining core job responsibilities and enhancing sections around event programming & community development. From August 2007 to May 2008 (10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaResident Assistant (Student) @ Supervised a resident community of 60+ undergraduate students, serving as a resource with bi-annual OKRs in personal, academic, professional, & social topics. I worked with a large & diverse team to build a healthy & engaging living environment with a broad set of responsibilities, including:
• Planning and implementing 8 Academic, Social, Transitional, and Service/Leadership programs per year, as well 20 additional community development activities per year.
• Enforcing University & Housing policies, documenting incidents of violation & following up with residents as needed
• Remaining on-call 1/4 of the month to respond to emergencies within the residence halls
• Actively participating in extensive education & training in diversity awareness and inclusion-based event planning, emergency response & situational management, as well as community & team building. From August 2005 to May 2007 (1 year 10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaBusiness Manager Intern @ Assumed responsibilities of a separated Office Manager, Accountant, and HR Manager, and assisted four small charter school customers in closing out the '04-'05 academic year. Provided day-to-day education administration & business management support as well as assisted in the consolidation of the four customer schools into one, and the dissolution of the NEC business.
I worked directly under the Chairman & Board of Directors with a slew of miscellaneous tasks, including:
• Administering payroll, taxes, accounts payable, and the submission of standardized testing & student records.
• Managing facilities, inventory and vendors during consolidation and dissolution of businesses
• Hiring & supervising 2 temporary staff members for record organization.
• Performing various office & personnel duties as needed, including phone support & crisis management. From May 2005 to August 2005 (4 months) Greater Los Angeles Area
BA, Anthropology @ University of California, Berkeley From 2004 to 2008 International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma & High School Diploma @ Guajome Park Academy From 1997 to 2004 Andrew Cerda is skilled in: Salesforce.com, Social Networking, Public Speaking, Recruiting, Sales, Microsoft Office, Cold Calling, JobScore, Jobvite, Google Apps, Training, Interviews, Sourcing, Customer Service, Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension